Mercy for dog in scarf death

More than 300 concerned animal lovers want to adopt the family dog that accidentally strangled a 6-year-old Long Island girl by fatally tugging on her scarf. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carey Finn

Olympia, WA

#1 Jan 28, 2006
I live 3000 miles away. I would take this dog in a heartbeat.
Do not harm this dog.
Barbara

Ferndale, FL

#2 Jan 29, 2006
Carey Finn wrote:
I live 3000 miles away. I would take this dog in a heartbeat.
Do not harm this dog.
I hear that the dog might be going to California Humane Society. I don't know why so far away.
elle

United States

#3 Jan 29, 2006
I was concerned about the dog as well....I found this in New York Newsday and thought I would pass it on:

"The family asked that the 18-month-old dog be adopted, but not near their home. Jessy will first be sent to an animal facility in California that will assess the dog's behavior and provide training if necessary."
Zaron Van Meter

AOL

#4 Jan 29, 2006
If you truely want this dog evaluated, ask Cesar Millan to do it.
If the dog is going to Los Angeles, hopely this what they have in mind, Cesar is in the Los Angeles area. Is this a possibility?
SCOTT T RANDALL

Orange Park, FL

#5 Jan 30, 2006
Hi, can anyone help me get in touch with a way to possibly adopt this beautiful animal? Email me at NYSTEELERFANATIC@AOL.COM. THANKS SCOTT
elle wrote:
I was concerned about the dog as well....I found this in New York Newsday and thought I would pass it on:

"The family asked that the 18-month-old dog be adopted, but not near their home. Jessy will first be sent to an animal facility in California that will assess the dog's behavior and provide training if necessary."
Matto

New York, NY

#6 Jan 31, 2006
I was not the dogs fault. It was the owners fault for never spending the time, effort (and possibly $$) to properly train the dog.
I have a huge dog who loves to play rough, He knows not to act that way with our children (1 1/2 and 3 1/2 yrs old girls), That only came about after constantly monitoring his interaction with the girls. Praising him when he acted appropriately and disciplining him when he did not. The word: EASY! has become a command that he react well to.
The dog was acting like a dog, that is it. The owners should feel they are the problem, but i guess it is always easier to blame a dog for being a dog.
washington

Auburn Hills, MI

#7 Jan 31, 2006
hi im sorry to say that i dont think the dog really did it...rumor is which is a true rumor that the family had the little girl cremated...i wonder what there hiding....no body no crime.no evidence..i think something is fishey about this story..and to blame theis beautiful dog for murder..i think they better look at the family..where was the mother anyways...when her 6 yr old was wondering outside by her self...
mary

Auburn Hills, MI

#8 Jan 31, 2006
washington wrote:
hi im sorry to say that i dont think the dog really did it...rumor is which is a true rumor that the family had the little girl cremated...i wonder what there hiding....no body no crime.no evidence..i think something is fishey about this story..and to blame theis beautiful dog for murder..i think they better look at the family..where was the mother anyways...when her 6 yr old was wondering outside by her self...
i heard that the mother was mad at the little girl monents before she found the body.i also heard the mother was with the little girl then she told the son to go and get her and he found her on the ground she was gone for about 4 minutes..
and they say 10 min later they found her
its in clear writting..that when the phone rang she told the boy to go get her from outside..the mother was with her before the phone rang.and then she answers the phone and the girl is dead...yeah i heard too they creamated the body..i think there covering up for someone.they also wanted a rush on the creamation..then i heard they spread the ashes outside in the yard..what sickos
Carolyn Jones

Norfolk, VA

#9 Feb 1, 2006
needs much prayers for the family.
connie

Auburn Hills, MI

#10 Feb 1, 2006
mary wrote:
<quoted text>i heard that the mother was mad at the little girl monents before she found the body.i also heard the mother was with the little girl then she told the son to go and get her and he found her on the ground she was gone for about 4 minutes..
and they say 10 min later they found her
its in clear writting..that when the phone rang she told the boy to go get her from outside..the mother was with her before the phone rang.and then she answers the phone and the girl is dead...yeah i heard too they creamated the body..i think there covering up for someone.they also wanted a rush on the creamation..then i heard they spread the ashes outside in the yard..what sickos
well i heard too they wanteda rush on the creamation..i heard the brother was outside with the girl moments before she was found...yea i also think the cops and detectives need to re investigate this whole thing...there is no way the dog can drag the little girl around the yard..it had to be a much stronger person she would have gotten away if the dof was pulling at her scarf it was a human cause they prob held her down on the ground untill she stoped breathing.. only a moron would beelive the dog did thid..you would have to hbe one if you do belive the dog did this..
Matto

New York, NY

#11 Feb 1, 2006
connie wrote:
<quoted text>well i heard too they wanteda rush on the creamation..i heard the brother was outside with the girl moments before she was found...yea i also think the cops and detectives need to re investigate this whole thing...there is no way the dog can drag the little girl around the yard..it had to be a much stronger person she would have gotten away if the dof was pulling at her scarf it was a human cause they prob held her down on the ground untill she stoped breathing.. only a moron would beelive the dog did thid..you would have to hbe one if you do belive the dog did this..
I think we found our moron folks... Thanks ConnieI love the way people hear a rumor and thkn they know more than the people who were there investigating it., BTW nice typing skills
max

Auburn Hills, MI

#12 Feb 1, 2006
yeah i heard the same.u know its not that hard for a little girl to get away from a dog and get into the house to get help.its just doesnt make sense this story.well i hope the police investigate this more.and why in the hell would anyone want to creamate there child...most normal people bury there children..and why in the hell would spread the ashes in the yard.normal people bury people or keep the ashes.well thats the most ignort thing i heard.boy this family needs prayers big time.. i just pray that the little girl didnt suffer.
matto

Auburn Hills, MI

#13 Feb 1, 2006
you know i think your right.someone in the home more than likely did it..a dog doesnt just strangle a lil girl.its a shame what they did after she died.its like they are covering up for something
debra

Auburn Hills, MI

#14 Feb 2, 2006
matto wrote:
you know i think your right.someone in the home more than likely did it..a dog doesnt just strangle a lil girl.its a shame what they did after she died.its like they are covering up for something
i hope the police give thAt family a lie decter test...if they have nothing to hide then they wouldnt have a problem with it..
harry

Auburn Hills, MI

#15 Feb 2, 2006
you know i heard that that the mother was abusive to her.kaitlyn.and she was very mad at her on the day she died..i heard the refushed lie decter tests..they said no and that the dog did it.really do u think a dog can kill a 6 yyear old...i dont think so i rest my case.
SMoore

New York, NY

#18 Feb 6, 2006
Your AN ASSHOLE TO MAKE A COMMENT LIKE THAT WHEN YOU DONT HAVE ALL THE FACTS.aS IT TURNS OUT I am a very good friend of the family and know the type of people they are you jerkoff
Trash Can Jonny

New York, NY

#19 Feb 6, 2006
Smoore, who is an asshole?
Are you saying that there was not foul play here?
If so I agree.
from your post, no one can tell who you are YELLING at.
slow down and reread ur post.
Thansk you.
bonnie

Auburn Hills, MI

#21 Feb 6, 2006
Trash Can Jonny wrote:
Smoore, who is an asshole?
Are you saying that there was not foul play here?
If so I agree.
from your post, no one can tell who you are YELLING at.
slow down and reread ur post.
Thansk you.
i dont know who there talking to but was there foul play im hearing so many rumers that there was,and thats why they creamated the little angels body..and and i also heard they spread her ashes at the park or something like that.whats the truth to this.did they really creamate her body.and why?
a friend

Hicksville, NY

#22 Feb 10, 2006
Listen to all who posted....Before you go assuming that there is foul play maybe you should get the FULL story....I know the family and the mother and EVERYONE in the family loved this little girl...and for you guys to think that someone or something foul happened makes me SICK....Let this family grieve and let the little girl rest in peace....She was not "killed" it was an accident...And she was a little 6 year old girl....Puppies are very strong and the puppy did not purposly do this...It was an accident the puppy was playing with the little girl...and the puppy is being helped for it's emotions and trauma it suffered....And she was sprinkled in Montauk IDIOT not their back yard...She loved camping there....It was her favorite place...So for all of you "investigators" leave the police work to the POLICE....Mind you own business because one day people could be talking about you!!!
Michael

New York, NY

#23 Jan 20, 2007
I think the dog should be put down as soon as possible. Dogs have rights so they should have punishments for violating the rights of others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suffolk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amityville murder trial defendant sues judge, p... Oct 16 Payroll Fraud 1
James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Foun... (Dec '11) Oct 10 Chester 2,860
suffolk county third precint,bayshore police br... (Jun '07) Sep 30 Streetrunner 127
Peconic Baykeeper Chooses New Baykeeper Sep 27 Wendelin Giebel 1
Suffolk Police Sucks (Apr '07) Sep '14 Fa-Foxy 81
Iconic Entenmann's factory set to shut down in NY Aug '14 Scott 2
Free CNA Training in New York Aug '14 4CNAs 1

Suffolk County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE