Gas Shortage Persists in N.Y.C. and N...

Gas Shortage Persists in N.Y.C. and Nassau County

There are 9 comments on the FiveThirtyEight story from Nov 7, 2012, titled Gas Shortage Persists in N.Y.C. and Nassau County. In it, FiveThirtyEight reports that:

Peter Lanci spent two days trying to find gasoline in Nassau County, on Long Island, driving by nine closed gas stations and finding only one that was open - with about 150 cars waiting in line.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FiveThirtyEight.

Frustrated

Marlboro, NJ

#1 Nov 8, 2012
Hey guys don't forget about Suffolk! We do not have gas either!!!! Today is 11/8/12 2 gast stations in 12 had gas this morning with over 100 cars in line for both!!!!
Rescue Worker

Robbins, NC

#2 Nov 8, 2012
I am here to help. When I awoke this morning I felt bloated and knew I was full of something you Yankees need. GAS. So I blew this huge fart in big plastic resealable bag. I am sending overnight UPS. It is my hope it will still be warm when you receive it. Please enjoy and remember only 4 more months until Spring! Maybe you will have power by then.
Realworldperson

Statesboro, GA

#3 Nov 8, 2012
How's that Obama working out for you guys.
He's not doing a whole lot is he.
But since all the yankee's put him in office
now you have to live with it and by the way
way its going to get worse--but don't worry
Obama is going to be resting in sunny Hawii
shameless-li

Fairfield, CT

#4 Nov 8, 2012
Realworldperson wrote:
How's that Obama working out for you guys.
He's not doing a whole lot is he.
But since all the yankee's put him in office
now you have to live with it and by the way
way its going to get worse--but don't worry
Obama is going to be resting in sunny Hawii
he'd probably could have done alot more during the last 4 years if the republicans don't block/veto his every move.
boehner saying the republicans are now going to co-operate with obama is enough to admit guilt. must be tough eating crow...

getting back on topic, in regard to the gas shortage, ny should also try using the odd/even day plate idea.
it worked back in the 80's during the oil shortage.
Rescue Worker

Robbins, NC

#5 Nov 8, 2012
That odd-even thing is a good idea. I will UPS another fart filled airbag up there tomorrow with and even number on it. Will try to keep it warm too.
Rescue Worker

Robbins, NC

#6 Nov 9, 2012
Did y'all get my two bags of warm fart gas? Hope it helps. Luv ya. Mean it.
concerned citizen

South Ozone Park, NY

#7 Nov 9, 2012
Rescue Worker wrote:
That odd-even thing is a good idea. I will UPS another fart filled airbag up there tomorrow with and even number on it. Will try to keep it warm too.
Obama is a communist and a radical leftist who does not like America.

“Life is a delicate negotiation”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#8 Nov 10, 2012
The even/odd system is working out pretty nicely I think, at least now many lines are a lot shorter than before.
Rescue Worker

Robbins, NC

#9 Nov 12, 2012
I'm sending another mercy bag up your way. This time instead of gas I am sending solid waste (that I made and released within my own body I might add). You can burn it in your grill and warm your hands. If it works well let me know cause there's lots more where it came from!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suffolk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christopher Stratis of Long Island/Stony Brook. Tue imagnyc 1
News James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Foun... (Dec '11) Jun 20 James 2,895
News Suffolk Cops Investigate Lindenhurst Fire, Murder (Aug '10) May '16 LindyGrad2001 37
News Fake Prostitute Snares 20 Men In Bay Shore Sting (Aug '06) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 62
News Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam (Feb '06) Apr '16 Enoch 329
News Donald Trump urged to not speak in Patchogue on... Apr '16 Sheri Marie 1
News Bay Shore dance teacher accused of raping girl,... Apr '16 Sheri Marie 1
More from around the web