James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium O...

James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Found Dead in Apparent Suicide

There are 2866 comments on the International Business Times story from Dec 16, 2011, titled James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Found Dead in Apparent Suicide. In it, International Business Times reports that:

James Bissett, the co-owner of Long Island Aquarium, was found dead Wednesday night in what police are calling an apparent suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at International Business Times.

Truth

Bronx, NY

#897 May 4, 2012
this is a rumor made up by law enforcement scpd
lady lawyer

Hicksville, NY

#898 May 4, 2012
first of all anything you've heard is considered hearsay and inadmissable in a court of law so forget all your lawsuits. the reason this story is getting such attention is because it was leaked on WBLI. then it went rampid through facebook. this is a sensational speculation. sounds like someones been reading too many james patterson books.mr bissetts friends keeping asking everyone to have respect for his family. he didnt. we've heard he was an alcoholic, drug addict and whoremonger. sounds like a great guy. obviously his wife knew. let me ask all of you this?? where was jim bissett the morning shannon gilbert went missing? was he at the house she was seen running from?? what was going at that house that she was running for her life?? i have always felt that it was someone that lived at that house in gilgo beach where she was last seen. the killer lives there and the police just happened to stumble upon his personal dumping ground right in his own back yard. jim bissett must be looking down and laughing his ass off at these rumors. secondly i called news 12 and monday . they knew about the story but said there was no merit and no one from scpd could verify this so they would not go with it and further shocked that WBLI had.
True Detective

Freeport, NY

#899 May 4, 2012
Theforeigner wrote:
Somthing went wrong, my first post didnīt show up so here it is:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your post and I find your reasoning logical and meaningfull.
I also agree fully with you on #1.
On #2; yes Jim having her phonenumber will only be relevant if Jim killed Shannan and/or if Jim, in some way, was in cohort with those who killed her.
Now is it possible that Jim Killed Shannan, knowing that Shannan was hired by Brewer that night and ran from Brewers house, on the phone with 911, screaming "they are trying to kill me" etc? And her driver Michael Pak following her stating that he was trying to find her, and then she vanish into thin air...
Well in theorie, yes...IF:
a.Jim attended Brewers "party"
b. Jim, for whatever reason, was in the area that night and met Shannan while she was fleeing Brewers house, offered to help her, but insted victimized her/ killed her.
Now wheter I belive that Shannan and the other 4 cragislist victims are conneted?
Due to the facts I know of in the case, combined with my gut feeling, I have always belived that Shannan was not killed by the same person as the other 4 girls.
However I canīt ruel it out.
And another possibility could be that there is some kind of connections between the killer of Shannan and the killer of the 4 other craigslist girls, that none of us know anything about.
The drowning theorie was never an option IMO.
TO BE CONTINUED IN NEXT POST...
Dear Mr. Foriegner,

Would you be kind enough to send me some of that Denmark Weed you are smoking..
who knows

Brooklyn, NY

#900 May 4, 2012
unnecessary drama wrote:
<quoted text>
so your mom was just randomly chatting up two nameless SC officers who cannot seem to make an official statement to the public at large OR families of these poor victims, but seemingly have no problem whatsoever breaking such a large story to your mom in everyday conversation? that sounds entirely plausible and overly professional.
They work security at her job while they are off duty. I'm not saying it is professional of them. I'm just verifying that some Suffolk County officers are throwing his name around. People gossip....including cops...mind you they are not detectives....so what do they really know? I have no reason to make this up. Now stop being so sensitive.
jason npt

White Plains, NY

#901 May 4, 2012
there are only linking bisset to the manorville body, hear from a reliable source.
Rumor mill

White Plains, NY

#902 May 4, 2012
I heard this also...... But they found trophies at his apartment and that he gave his wife aids..
Robbierob62

West Babylon, NY

#903 May 4, 2012
You are all mentally disabled.
unknown

Bohemia, NY

#904 May 4, 2012
unnecessary drama wrote:
<quoted text>
so your mom was just randomly chatting up two nameless SC officers who cannot seem to make an official statement to the public at large OR families of these poor victims, but seemingly have no problem whatsoever breaking such a large story to your mom in everyday conversation? that sounds entirely plausible and overly professional.
Are you dumb?? Why would 2 officers who know details about an investigation make a public statement?? What teh hell do they owe to the families?? this case is still under investigation, if in fact they did speak about details (which they should not have) they wouldn't give their names...
rumors

Bronx, NY

#905 May 4, 2012
rumor made by a cop i know for a fact just got off phone with me detective friend. theres a cop that started this rumor a month ago!
Imagine

Wyandanch, NY

#906 May 4, 2012
rumors wrote:
rumor made by a cop i know for a fact just got off phone with me detective friend. theres a cop that started this rumor a month ago!
I'm sure you just hung up from your detective and know it all...loser
True Detective

Freeport, NY

#907 May 4, 2012
True Detective wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Mr. Foriegner,
Would you be kind enough to send me some of that Denmark Weed you are smoking..
Please have your Mom drive you to the Post Office to mail my weed.
You don't get your learners permit till July
rumors

Bronx, NY

#908 May 4, 2012
Imagine wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you just hung up from your detective and know it all...loser
hey buddy its a rumor deal with it! a cop started this BS a while ago, the allegations about jim are false. A police officer made this story up.
Inside source

Coram, NY

#909 May 4, 2012
A disgruntled employer from Bissett Equipment started this rumor after he was laid off. I will not mention any name but he knows what he has done.
Truly Disappointed

Calverton, NY

#910 May 4, 2012
rumors wrote:
<quoted text>
hey buddy its a rumor deal with it! a cop started this BS a while ago, the allegations about jim are false. A police officer made this story up.
and I wouldn't even put it past a cop doing these murders..pathetic....
Truly Disappointed

Calverton, NY

#911 May 4, 2012
Inside source wrote:
A disgruntled employer from Bissett Equipment started this rumor after he was laid off. I will not mention any name but he knows what he has done.
BS!!!!
patch

Patchogue, NY

#912 May 4, 2012
Sweet Pete wrote:
I'm having a hard time believing he's the cereal killer.
HAHAHAHAHA who did he kill? captain crunch?? it's SERIAL!
dont know either way

Selden, NY

#913 May 4, 2012
I guess some folks don't realize that the law has caught up to trolling , slander and stalking on the internet. You'd want to be real stupid to start a far reaching , damaging and uncorroborated allegation .
GUESS_WHO

Patchogue, NY

#914 May 4, 2012
FTP!!!!!!!
Wondering

Saint James, NY

#915 May 4, 2012
Does anyone know what there were Police cars at bissett today if this is all just rumor?????
Right all of the time

Brooklyn, NY

#916 May 4, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Does anyone know what there were Police cars at bissett today if this is all just rumor?????
Got pics?....No?....didn't think so lou-who-zer!
I took a nasty dump. Do you want to see it?
At least that shit is real lol
Feculs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suffolk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlie's Hot Dogs - Brentwood (Dec '07) May 21 TheRealstory 26
News Suffolk considers bus cams for illegal passing May 9 the Ace of Spades 6
Why are Suffolk County Courts so incompetent an... (Jul '06) May 4 adarwinzagane 92
Judge rules for contractor in lawsuit against f... Apr 28 McCarthy 1
News Angie Carpenter to take $77,000 pension on top ... Apr '15 dictatorship 12
News Suffolk police arrest three for selling alcohol... (Nov '10) Mar '15 Make some booze 3
News Coast Guard: Tug captain jumped in water withou... Mar '15 Fa-Foxy 1
More from around the web