James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Found Dead in Apparent Suicide

Dec 16, 2011 Full story: International Business Times 2,860

James Bissett, the co-owner of Long Island Aquarium, was found dead Wednesday night in what police are calling an apparent suicide.

Full Story
friend of JB

Smithtown, NY

#359 May 2, 2012
Inside Source wrote:
Anybody know the reason as to why he committed suicide??
None of your or anybody here's business !!!!
Dear Friend of JB

Miller Place, NY

#360 May 2, 2012
boops wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously-do the people he layed off before the holidays live in 6 million dollar 35 acre estates? Do their wives drive Jags. Really-like all company owners, he lived like a king.
WERE ARE YOU FROM , MT. SINAI . HEY AHOLE ZIP IT. YOUR HURTING A LOT OF PEOPLE !!!!!
Dear Friend of JB

Miller Place, NY

#361 May 2, 2012
Inside Source wrote:
Anybody know the reason as to why he committed suicide??
I THINK ITS SICK THAT YOU EVEN ASK, GET A LIFE
Concerned citizen

Newark, NJ

#362 May 2, 2012
Inside Source wrote:
Police will announce within the next 24-72 hours that the Gilgo Beach serial killer was Jim Bissett. Have had him as the official name for months.
friend of JB wrote:
<quoted text> Here we go again....just stop it now ! You need attention that bad ??? If you knew that so would we and we don't !!!!!!!!! His true friends !
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that people who claim to be inside sources on the internet are never, ever, wrong
Anonymous

Seattle, WA

#363 May 2, 2012
Apparently this guy was the Gilgo Beach killer. It was leaked. Hasn't been officially announced yet... sucks for his family and all the people who were close to him. But, at least it's over.
boops

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#364 May 2, 2012
friend of JB wrote:
<quoted text> Your Envy shows in all you've written....feel sorry for you.
Your an idiot-envy-no I don't envy a family whose husband/father is so selfish and or cowardly that he has to kill himself and hurt those he supposedly loved. I don't envy anyone-I live very comfortably-But don't act like that family lived normal lives like the rest of us. Wake up and smell the Starbucks. I didn't make up anything about him like the rest of these people what I wrote is all true and if you don't believe me google him, or if your such a friend of "JB" you know this already. I am tired of the way people are making him seem like a saint and a regular Joe. He wasn't.Go feel sorry for some of the jerks who have nothing better to do than make up stories.
family friend of jb

Patchogue, NY

#365 May 2, 2012
i really cant believe people that didnt even know Jimmy are falsely accusing him of something that has NO evidence. i hope you realize how much you are effecting the family.. hes not even here to defend himself which is completely unfair.. karma will get all of you that are spreading this.
Inside Info

Shirley, NY

#366 May 2, 2012
A major announcement will be made in the next few days!!! Trust me
Kerri

Coram, NY

#367 May 2, 2012
Honestly you all need to relax and grow up. Yes, mean things were said, and yes, maybe he was a great guy, but you all don't need to start arguing and acting like complete fools. So what if It's all just speculation? People are allowed to say whatever they want. To those who are apparently "dear friends of JB," relax. If he didn't do it, you have nothing to worry about. The fact that you are all attacking people who are stating legitimate opinions just makes you seem ignorant and pretentious. Everyone here has valid opinions and beliefs, so please just shut up before you lose all of your dignity, or in the very least, learn to play nice.
friend of JB

Smithtown, NY

#368 May 2, 2012
boops wrote:
<quoted text>
Your an idiot-envy-no I don't envy a family whose husband/father is so selfish and or cowardly that he has to kill himself and hurt those he supposedly loved. I don't envy anyone-I live very comfortably-But don't act like that family lived normal lives like the rest of us. Wake up and smell the Starbucks. I didn't make up anything about him like the rest of these people what I wrote is all true and if you don't believe me google him, or if your such a friend of "JB" you know this already. I am tired of the way people are making him seem like a saint and a regular Joe. He wasn't.Go feel sorry for some of the jerks who have nothing better to do than make up stories.
Nope....still feel sorry for you !
dumb

Patchogue, NY

#369 May 2, 2012
Inside Info wrote:
A major announcement will be made in the next few days!!! Trust me
... just like one was supposed to be said today.. your dumb
Inside Info

Shirley, NY

#370 May 2, 2012
I'm very sorry for all the friends and family of James Bisset. His legacy will be remembered as the Gilgo Muderer and not the professional business man and loving father most his supporters on this blog are expressing. If this is not the case I will make a public apology by 5/15. The sad truth is he's been the lead suspect since last September and questioned days before his suicide.
Kerri

Coram, NY

#371 May 2, 2012
Dear Friend of JB wrote:
<quoted text>
WERE ARE YOU FROM , MT. SINAI . HEY AHOLE ZIP IT. YOUR HURTING A LOT OF PEOPLE !!!!!
On the contrary, it would seem as though they are supporting a lot of people. What they stated in their comment is entirely truthful, and the fact the you immediately went on the offensive and blurted out a bunch of nonsense does not help your case. Nevermind the grammar and spelling. Sorry, pet peeves.
Informed or not

Middle Island, NY

#372 May 2, 2012
The bottom line is, if he did it, we will all learn soon enough.

When one hears a story, another hears a story, then another and another and so on and so on. Yes, at the moment it is just that - A STORY.

What has me puzzled is the AMOUNT of sources and the VARIOUS sources that have shared THE STORY. I heard about it from two separate people very far apart from one another - not connected in any way.

If it is just A STORY, it's sad that someone would be so cruel to make up something about someone who has passed. If it's not, we'll all know very soon.
baby

Stony Brook, NY

#373 May 2, 2012
Nothing_But_Nonsense wrote:
This is the ONLY place this disgusting rumor has surfaced thus far... My guess it was planted by someone who has a dislike for JB personally, a dislike for one of his family members, a disgruntled employee, unhappy customer, business competition, a jealous on looker, or just a disgusting person with nothing better to do. Leave this family to grieve in peace STOP slandering the dead and STOP giving false hope to the victims family's. It is unfair to speculate it only damages the reputation of the dead and leads victims family's to believe that SCPD may actually have a suspect when in fact they are looking at many suspects. Until the Chief of Police takes to the airwaves to announce an official suspect let's leave these people ALONE.
No, the rumor is everywhere. I wonder how many of the people defending him with 100 % certainty think that every serial killers family didnt do the same thing. Wake up. You dont really know anyone
dumb

Patchogue, NY

#374 May 2, 2012
Inside Info wrote:
I'm very sorry for all the friends and family of James Bisset. His legacy will be remembered as the Gilgo Muderer and not the professional business man and loving father most his supporters on this blog are expressing. If this is not the case I will make a public apology by 5/15. The sad truth is he's been the lead suspect since last September and questioned days before his suicide.
im not too sure who your getting this info from but your really hurting the friends and family of jim bissett. he will ALWAYS be remembered as a loving family man that was very successful. you should prepare for your apology, ill be expecting it.
friend of jb

Patchogue, NY

#375 May 2, 2012
to everyone who is accusing him.. i hope you plan to apologize to the bissett family once you all get smart and find out that there is NO trace of this murder to Jim Bissett.
Kerri

Coram, NY

#376 May 2, 2012
baby wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the rumor is everywhere. I wonder how many of the people defending him with 100 % certainty think that every serial killers family didnt do the same thing. Wake up. You dont really know anyone
Exactly what I said! Seems like quite a lot of people on here are lacking in the common sense department.
Kerri

Coram, NY

#377 May 2, 2012
Informed or not wrote:
The bottom line is, if he did it, we will all learn soon enough.
When one hears a story, another hears a story, then another and another and so on and so on. Yes, at the moment it is just that - A STORY.
What has me puzzled is the AMOUNT of sources and the VARIOUS sources that have shared THE STORY. I heard about it from two separate people very far apart from one another - not connected in any way.
If it is just A STORY, it's sad that someone would be so cruel to make up something about someone who has passed. If it's not, we'll all know very soon.
I agree completely. Regardless of whether or not it's true, we should not be engaging in petty wars. Everyone needs to calm down.
KayEs

Patchogue, NY

#378 May 2, 2012
MikeJones wrote:
Any body know how cure explosive diarrhea cant stop spraying the bowl with chips
I 1st came to this site when i heard bout this through family members. I did not know mr bissett personally, however, my family does which made this all even more interesting to me since i remember trying to cheer my relative up when she was telling me bout the loss of her friend from grade school...
I wont lie that i totally believed it all...at 1st, however, the more i read the less im convinced.
The reason ive decided to leave this comment is to hopefully get through, kindly, to all the others who sought out this blog for the same reasons i did yet who are all still leaving accusational comments....
Its been 3 days since ive been reading this & absolutely ZERO proof, any evidence nor any other online sources outside of this blog are linking this man to this case. As much as we all ((whom dont know mr bissett)) wished it were him just for some peace of mind we all also need to have respect by waiting for proof b4 taking this any further....if/when it comes out then by all means go nuts but until then i just think everyone should chill out....obviously negative shit will still be posted but its all bullshit hearsay at this point that runs in circles w/the occasional ridiculously off road comment, so if friends/family avoid reading this crap & therefore do not respond, u wont feed anymore fuel to the he said she said fire that will then burn out super quick as a result....& all the vigilantes out there, though ur 100% justified in ur emotions towards the murderer, until u know for sure that is indeed mr bissett, perhaps u should just pretend for 1 moment how ud feel if u were on the other side of this argument - if we're all wrong than that basically makes US "murderers" since the pain all this must be causing his friends/family its like WE'RE murdering him all over again & if he really is innocent, "im sorry" just wont cut it.
We all hate whoever the actual murderer is bc of the pain/suffering hes caused, yet here we are as a community now causing the same pain/loss to the bissett family by accusing 1 of our own w/o any concrete reasoning which make us as bad as the guy whos sparked all this hatred in the 1st place...
Lastly comments like the 1 this is in response to are absolutely disgusting - u do realize ur posting this under an article bout a mans death, correct?? Who may very well be an innocent man for all we know by this point....& comments like those accusing rival business owners for the root of this rumor, dude...ur totally creating a fuckin rumor on a blog thats been consumed by rumors!!! So if ur gonna comment & swear by mr bissetts guilt in probably THE WORST POSSIBLE FUCKIN SITUATION ONE COULD BE ACCUSED OF while swearing its the truth & not at all bullshit then u prob shouldnt go on to create even more rumors bout even more innocent ppl bc to anyone whos even kinda smart will clearly see whats happening here & how quickly the rumors are shifting from the guilty parties & the crimes theyre supposively guilty of...
In all, mr bissett may very well be the LISK yet he might very well NOT be....NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON KNOWS....so lets pull ourselves together until we know for sure instead of turning on eachother in a time we as a community should be working together....& lets stop victimizing countless ppl we dont even know w/such disrespect for yet another life lost...
Thank you to all who've read this & if ur family of mr bissett then i want u to know my heart goes out to u & not EVERYONE is buying into this rumor bullshit.....we want whos responsible, NOT the very 1st name we hear regardless of actual guilt...hang in there & im so sorry for all ur going through, i dont think i could handle it personally :'(
<3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suffolk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amityville murder trial defendant sues judge, p... Oct 16 Payroll Fraud 1
suffolk county third precint,bayshore police br... (Jun '07) Sep 30 Streetrunner 127
Peconic Baykeeper Chooses New Baykeeper Sep 27 Wendelin Giebel 1
Suffolk Police Sucks (Apr '07) Sep '14 Fa-Foxy 81
Iconic Entenmann's factory set to shut down in NY Aug '14 Scott 2
Free CNA Training in New York Aug '14 4CNAs 1
County Tick Committee members learn they'll soo... Aug '14 jim 1

Suffolk County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE