Cop impersonator cops plea, faces long jail term -- Police, Lon...

Full story: Newsday 12
Henry Terry admitted Friday to being a model police officer, albeit one who once set a live cat on fire. Full Story

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#2 May 31, 2008
IT IS CLEAR THAT THIS GUY IS TWISTED BEYOND QUESTION........WHY ARE WE SENDING HIM TO PRISON??.....WHAT GOOD WILL COME OF THAT??.....NOTHING!!.....HE NEEDS MENTAL HELP!!......I'M NOT SAYING WE OWE HIM......I'M SAYING THAT AFTER HIS 10 YEARS IN THE CROSSED BAR HOTEL, HE WILL BE ON OUR STREETS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM, BECAUSE WE ADDRESSED HIS PROBLEM INCORRECTLY.
ALMA

AOL

#4 May 31, 2008
Why 10 years? This guy needs permanent lock-up. A few years of psychiatric help doesn't change a persons inner evil. He is more than mentally disturbed. People who burn live animals are goners.
NYSTATEscam

AOL

#5 May 31, 2008
WOODY from ST JAMES wrote:
IT IS CLEAR THAT THIS GUY IS TWISTED BEYOND QUESTION........WHY ARE WE SENDING HIM TO PRISON??.....WHAT GOOD WILL COME OF THAT??.....NOTHING!!.....HE NEEDS MENTAL HELP!!......I'M NOT SAYING WE OWE HIM......I'M SAYING THAT AFTER HIS 10 YEARS IN THE CROSSED BAR HOTEL, HE WILL BE ON OUR STREETS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM, BECAUSE WE ADDRESSED HIS PROBLEM INCORRECTLY.
I say get him the help he requires by incarcerating him in a psychiatric facility.When he is deemed cured of his mental illness,he should then be incarcerated for the 10 years.This is how "OTHER" states deal with the mentaly ill criminals.Instead you suggest pushing him into a NY state system that is dysfuntional, broken and run by the nepotistic hiring of the politicaly connected.They are under pressure to downsize these facilities in a cost saving measure already at the expense of the publics safety.
Brentwood

Hicksville, NY

#7 May 31, 2008
Execute him
Brentwood

Hicksville, NY

#8 May 31, 2008
Execute him just on the animal cruelty charge alone.
THE CORRUPT BAR

Sarasota, FL

#9 May 31, 2008
The lawyers in the PREPAID LEGAL PLAN are impersonating real human beings and are fake lawyers............ with THE BAR covering up for sleazy lawyers.
The Real Man

New Canton, VA

#13 May 31, 2008
WOODY from ST JAMES wrote:
You seem to think this person should do mental hosp. time. Maybe we should give good ole henry his retirement pension for all the years he served as a cop? You are a genuine "woody".
Run262

Massapequa Park, NY

#14 May 31, 2008
Woody, you are not familiar with the mental disease defense. That is for someone who cannot distinguish between right or wrong, nor assist in his defense.

This bum was bright enough to to avoid arrests for a long time while robbing and engaging in sex abuse. He was just out of jail on other charges and is a dangerous felon. He deserves 30 years in prison.
Holbrook

Rockaway Park, NY

#16 Jun 2, 2008
I've met this man on several occassions and was floored when this story broke. It would scare me to think he could ever walk the streets again. I 'trusted' him as a 'police officer' and shutter to think what 'could have' happened had he not been apprehended. Let him rot away in prison.
LAPD

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Jun 4, 2008
I love this article! He is described as being "very bright" Hello you idiots out there in TV land-please expound on your definition of very bright. Absolutely stupid would be more like it-add dangerous-disturbed-criminal-I could continue ad infinitum. I hope Sargeant Terry enjoys his next fantasy role playing of Cops and Robbers in the Shower starting with the Bend Over Bubba episode! Protect and Serve Jack Kn ife!
USA 350

Columbus, OH

#18 Jun 25, 2008
What a joke of a sentence-should do at least 25 yrs before any possibility of parole.
Juma Entertainment

New York, NY

#19 Oct 16, 2012
Holbrook wrote:
I've met this man on several occassions and was floored when this story broke. It would scare me to think he could ever walk the streets again. I 'trusted' him as a 'police officer' and shutter to think what 'could have' happened had he not been apprehended. Let him rot away in prison.
I am an associate producer working for a documentary tv production company that is currently producing an episode for an investigative docu-series that is about the story of Henry Terry, and his behavior. We are in the middle of trying to find people who personally enountered Mr. Terry during the time that he was impersonating law enforcement. If you, or anyone who reads this, has had a personal interaction with Mr. Terry during that time, please reach out to me at the following email address, and we can set up a mutually convenient time to talk about your experience(s).

You can reach me at jumacasting@gmail.com. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suffolk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Foun... (Dec '11) Sep 19 Sherlock Holmes 2,857
Suffolk Police Sucks (Apr '07) Sep 18 Fa-Foxy 81
Iconic Entenmann's factory set to shut down in NY Aug 29 Scott 2
Free CNA Training in New York Aug '14 4CNAs 1
County Tick Committee members learn they'll soo... Aug '14 jim 1
suffolk county third precint,bayshore police br... (Jun '07) Jul '14 JimWoods 126
Fake Prostitute Snares 20 Men In Bay Shore Sting (Aug '06) Jul '14 CarolineZ 61
•••

Suffolk County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••