Felony gun charge dropped against Farmington man: County attorney...

Full story: Foster's Daily Democrat

EJ Hersom/Staff photographer Dennis Fleming of Farmington expresses his thanks to his supporters locally and nationally after charges of reckless conduct against him were dropped Thursday in Dover.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
DENNIS

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

County Attorney Tom Velardi should be congradulated for dropping the case against the guy who shot his gun into the ground and caught a burglar in the act. Glad to see someone knows what they're doing!!

The chief of police should be raked over the coals for the conduct of his officers since he's responsible for their action.

As far as the cop who actually arrested the man!! Do they have a Burger King in Farmington New Hampshire where this guy can work?
lockedandloaded

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

DENNIS wrote:
County Attorney Tom Velardi should be congradulated for dropping the case against the guy who shot his gun into the ground and caught a burglar in the act. Glad to see someone knows what they're doing!!
The chief of police should be raked over the coals for the conduct of his officers since he's responsible for their action.
As far as the cop who actually arrested the man!! Do they have a Burger King in Farmington New Hampshire where this guy can work?
AMEN!!!

Perhaps it would be easier in the future and less confusing for the local police for Farmington homeowners to just invite the crook into the house and THEN shoot him. Good for the DA.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

lockedandloaded wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!!!
Perhaps it would be easier in the future and less confusing for the local police for Farmington homeowners to just invite the crook into the house and THEN shoot him. Good for the DA.
All I know is that if I see a civilian running about my neighborhood with a gun in his hand shooting it, I might have to put him down before they harm the innocents.
Fed Up Citizen

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2012

Good for Tom Velardi!! You did the right thing. A lot of those idiot cops
are loosers, any way. The chief should take the heat for this one.
As far as that cop getting a job at Burger King he"d probably screw up!
Research Services

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

COMMON SENSE PREVAILED!

FARMINGTON, N.H.A prosecutor has dropped a criminal charge against a New Hampshire man who helped catch a suspected burglar by firing his gun into the ground.

Sixty-one-year-old Dennis Fleming of Farmington was charged Saturday with reckless conduct for firing his gun in a residential area. No one was hurt.

Fleming arrived home to find his house had been burglarized. Police say he spotted 27-year-old Joseph Hebert climbing out the window of a neighbor's home. Fleming yelled "Freeze!" and discharged his .38 caliber handgun into the ground near Hebert. He held him at gunpoint until police arrived. Hebert was charged with burglary and drug possession.

Strafford County Attorney Tom Velardi said Thursday facts discovered since the incident have led him to believe the reckless conduct charge would be unjust.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

White man gets away with crime, is what the headlines read! LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Strafford County Discussions

Search the Strafford County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Fencing of guitar leads to arrest in Dover chur... (Jul '13) Jul '13 fred 1
Two women indicted in Stop N Go robbery (Jul '13) Jul '13 Sterkfontein Swartkrans 1
Confirmed: Dover woman who shot her fiance, out... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Tio Edwin 1
Transient in Rochester charged with failing to ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Robin Shepheard 1
Dover student sues over heart-stopping shock (Aug '10) Sep '10 Nigel 3
Anyone know a Bill Christy? (Aug '10) Aug '10 Mickey 1
Pawlenty to make 3rd trip to New Hampshire (May '10) May '10 Mike A 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••