Roads deadly beautiful: A closer look...

Roads deadly beautiful: A closer look at dangerous Route 150

There are 1 comment on the The Exeter News-Letter story from Mar 24, 2006, titled Roads deadly beautiful: A closer look at dangerous Route 150. In it, The Exeter News-Letter reports that:

The roads of Kensington reflect the picturesque and quaint nature of the town. State highways, several country roads lined with old stone walls, and without a full traffic light in sight, all provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Exeter News-Letter.

Martha

Marlborough, MA

#1 Apr 2, 2006
For 9 years I traveled Rte. 150 daily between Exeter and Amesbury, and yes, there are times it can be dangerous. Sections can be treacherous in the winter during a storm, or in icy conditions, but IF THE DRIVER SLOWS DOWN AND PAYS ATTENTION, accidents can be drastically reduced if not eliminated. I have seen plenty of people traveling north and south at speeds that are too dangerous for the road conditions, and I often have a car on my tail when I am going 5-10 miles over the speed limit (in daytime, dry road conditions). I still travel this stretch of road fairly often, and there are ALWAYS people traveling along 107, who try to beat the traffic coming down 150. The 107'ers have a stop sign, but many people don't apparently know what that means. Yes, the road can be dangerous, but having traveled it for many years, it is the drivers that make it that way. SLOW DOWN, and show some courtesy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Strafford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Funeral service for K9 Daisy Mae on Monday Apr 11 Jeanne Doucette 1
News Ted Cruz burnishes his style in New Hampshire (Mar '15) Mar '15 Le Duped 6
News Fencing of guitar leads to arrest in Dover chur... (Jul '13) Jul '13 fred 1
News Two women indicted in Stop N Go robbery (Jul '13) Jul '13 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Confirmed: Dover woman who shot her fiance, out... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Tio Edwin 1
News Transient in Rochester charged with failing to ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Robin Shepheard 1
News Dover student sues over heart-stopping shock (Aug '10) Sep '10 Nigel 3