Accident claims lives of three near M...

Accident claims lives of three near Mountain View

There are 36 comments on the Baxter Bulletin story from Sep 25, 2010, titled Accident claims lives of three near Mountain View. In it, Baxter Bulletin reports that:

David Armstrong, 48; Jimmy Linville, 24; and Brittney Benton, 22; all of Mountain View, were fatally injured in a one vehicle accident at 12:35 a.m. Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baxter Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bRittaney

Mountain View, AR

#1 Sep 26, 2010
R.I.P Red & Brittney, <3
Bystander

Mountain View, AR

#2 Sep 26, 2010
Who was in this wreck? So sad...I am sorry for the people who loved them.
Ali

Mountain View, AR

#3 Sep 26, 2010
R.I.P. Red, you will be missed but never forgotten... We love u!!!
Why

United States

#4 Sep 26, 2010
Why would a Constable be in pursuit of any motor vehicle? Is it even legal for a Constable to pursue a fleeing vehicle. It sounded in the Article on line that a pursuit was in progress. I thought only City Cops, Sheriff Deputies and State Troopers could pursue a vehicle in a high speed chase. Could someone clarify who is allowed to pursue a motorized vehicle in the state of Arkansas?
Heaven help us

Paron, AR

#5 Sep 26, 2010
They may pursue under the fresh pursuit laws in Arkansas.
Full details of Constables at this link..
http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.p...

United States

#6 Sep 26, 2010
A fund has been set up at citizens bank for jimmy linville( reds) family to help with the funeral cost
Question to ask

Mountain View, AR

#7 Sep 26, 2010
Why wrote:
Why would a Constable be in pursuit of any motor vehicle? Is it even legal for a Constable to pursue a fleeing vehicle. It sounded in the Article on line that a pursuit was in progress. I thought only City Cops, Sheriff Deputies and State Troopers could pursue a vehicle in a high speed chase. Could someone clarify who is allowed to pursue a motorized vehicle in the state of Arkansas?
First we need to ask did he ever use the words pursuit on the radio. Also the county officers have a no pursuit policy which is very smart. I think that the constable 10-22 him self but contuined to drive towards town to see if the vehicle had met the police dept officers waiting at the city limits for the fleeing car and drove up on the wreck after it all ready happened. It's just a horrible accident that took the lives of three people one of which I knew very well. Red u will be missed.
Why

United States

#8 Sep 27, 2010
Why was the driver running then, instead of just pulling over? It is extremely sad that innocent lives were lost, however, this smells of DWI or another illegal reason for the driver to flee instead of just stopping.

United States

#9 Sep 27, 2010
There was no drugs or alcohol in the car, they were coming back from southside because red had got a tattoo, the driver was speeding and he was on probation and didn't want to get in trouble. So please stop the rumors. I am a family member of jimmys and his family and friends are in so much grief right now.

United States

#10 Sep 27, 2010
Unfortunately because one person didn't want to get into trouble, they all paid the ultimate price.
jeremy thomas jt

Union, NJ

#11 Sep 27, 2010
Rest in peace Brittney! it will never be the same in mtn.view without you. All my love thoughts and prayers got out to all the families who was affected by this wreck, a special prayer goes out to eli! Only time can heal..........
Always tell the ones you love that you love them, noone is promised tomarrow!!!
Get The Truth

Mountain View, AR

#12 Sep 28, 2010
What a tragedy this accident was. These families who lost their loved ones will never be the same.
I read in this discussion, comment #11, that a fund has been set up at Citizens Bank to help the family of Jimmy Linville with funeral costs. I was told today that the Allison-Sylamore Fire Department paid the funeral home in full for the funeral expenses incurred there, which was to have been over $7000.00, and that they also are going to pay for a headstone for him. I'm sure the Fire Chief there would tell anyone if they wanted to verify it. If this is true, there would be very few funeral expenses left to be paid. I've heard nothing about the other 2 families getting any help, that I'm sure they could use right now. I believe in giving and helping people, but, I also believe that you should know the truth about every situation that asks for you to give.
Get The Truth

Mountain View, AR

#13 Sep 28, 2010
Correction, that was comment #6, not #11.
Not true

Mountain View, AR

#14 Sep 29, 2010
ASvFD is not paying for his funeral. They are providing there services for the funeral but no money has come from the dept. A small insurance policy is helping pay for some of it but not all.
family member

United States

#15 Sep 30, 2010
I set up the fund for jimmy, and when I set it up we had no idea that the fire dept. Was going to do all that they did. And our family is very appreciative of the help they provided. And no they were not able to cover all the cost, so I reached out to friends and family to help give jimmy a funeral. His brother is making his headstone. And I'm offended that somone on here implyed that we were just trying to make an extra buck. And we would have loved to be able to help out the other two familys. And as far as I know, the funeral and burial is not even close to being paid for. In a perfect world, we would all have life insurance, but that wasn't the case here. So shame on the person who implied that we were not truthful on this matter. I just really wanted to help my family during this time. And I hope that the family and friends of the other two that passed away was able to come together like my family was. Thank you.
Allison Sylamore vfd

Mountain View, AR

#16 Oct 1, 2010
we did not pay any funeral cost of any kind as a member of the three rivers fire fighter assoc. death benifits were paid to the family. as any member of the three rivers fire assoc. we all have death benifits provided to us for joining the three rivers fire assoc. any volunteer fire dept. has the ability to join for a very small fee. it is something all depts. should and could join because there are many other benefits that are provided through the
assoc.
people who want to make comments should get the facts straight before commenting.
chief of asfd
OH REALLY

Mountain View, AR

#17 Oct 2, 2010
If someone don't want someone to know the facts (TRUTH), then, they don't tell someone the facts, (TRUTH). They just tell them what they want them to know.
GOSIPHATER

United States

#18 Oct 2, 2010
I was concerned that a constable might have a law that protects him/her in the pursuit issues. Under the fresh pursuit law that was posted prior on here, it does state that a constable can pursue outside of their boundries, if a felony was committed in front of them, if the person fleeing is a felon, this was not the case here. This constable is in a county that has a no pursuit law for the county law enfrcmnt. Horrible lose of 3 lives over this wreck, speak up could be your loved ones next time!
Not a fan of constables

Mountain View, AR

#19 Oct 2, 2010
GOSIPHATER wrote:
I was concerned that a constable might have a law that protects him/her in the pursuit issues. Under the fresh pursuit law that was posted prior on here, it does state that a constable can pursue outside of their boundries, if a felony was committed in front of them, if the person fleeing is a felon, this was not the case here. This constable is in a county that has a no pursuit law for the county law enfrcmnt. Horrible lose of 3 lives over this wreck, speak up could be your loved ones next time!
If you hate gossip then why are u saying that he was in persuite. Did u over hear radio traffic the nite of the incident or are u just repeating what is said. Also you are correct the county does have that policy but he is not associated with the county sheriffs office unless he is requested by the county. There for the county is not liable for his actions that nite. All radio traffic is recorded at the sheriffs office and I'm sure it will eventually come out for sure what really happened. One statement I must make is just because an officer is in the process of trying to stop a subject doesn't necessarily mean he is in pursuit of the subject. It was a terrible accident that caused the lives of three people. It's a shame that the judgement of the driver impacted the lives of he's occupants.
GOSIPHATER

United States

#20 Oct 2, 2010
I DO have a scanner, I DID NOT hear it, I DID NOT say that I heard it. I DID NOT state that the constable was in pursuit. I DID say I was concerned that a constable might have a law that protects them in pursuit issues. I DID NOT say that the county was in any way liable. You brought that up! I WILL STATE this fact, it is people like you that take what one says and twist it into what does turn out to be GOSSIP, yes, I do hate that, in this country I am entitled to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stone County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yellcot internet Jan 30 Bit 1
News Former Mountain View deputy gets year in prison... (Dec '16) Sep '17 train 7
Heather Crenshaw (Jul '17) Jul '17 cottoncandy 1
News Mountain View Bank Robbery Arrest (May '08) Feb '17 SadMama 12
Robbery In Stone County, Officers Refuse to Mak... (Apr '16) Apr '16 justice needs served 1
new guy and others (Feb '16) Feb '16 new to this station 1
News Mayor of Fifty-Six Arrested For Unpaid Water Bills (Aug '13) Mar '15 Bartlett 2014 3
More from around the web