In 3 adult jails, teen awaiting trial...

In 3 adult jails, teen awaiting trial learns hard lessons

There are 11 comments on the ScrippsNews story from Nov 21, 2011, titled In 3 adult jails, teen awaiting trial learns hard lessons. In it, ScrippsNews reports that:

On his 14th birthday, Owen Welty got an unexpected gift: a half-pint carton of milk and chocolate sheet cake for 40 -- enough to share with all his fellow inmates and the guards at a Missouri jail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ScrippsNews.

Interesting

Sparta, MO

#1 Nov 26, 2011
And what do they do pay this kid back for all the time he lost? Nothing. He won't get a red cent for the years they took from him.
tttj

Dexter, MO

#2 Nov 26, 2011
This is not the place to look for sympathy for this a hole. He killed Don and would have been convicted except for the inept actions of our local law and judicial EXPERTS.
Railroaded

Mountain Home, AR

#3 Nov 26, 2011
tttj wrote:
This is not the place to look for sympathy for this a hole. He killed Don and would have been convicted except for the inept actions of our local law and judicial EXPERTS.
no he didn't, no sympthay wanted just the truth to be out from another side besides the local paper and it's done.
Interesting

Sparta, MO

#4 Nov 27, 2011
I think the main thing that can be learned here is that innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean a thing in this country. They'll still stuff you in a hole, treat you like you're less than human, and let you rot for ages while you wait on a trial, hoping that the depression, despair, and separation from friends, family, and freedom will break you. They want you to take a plea, to make their life easier for them. It doesn't matter if you're guilty or not.

Do you think the cops are going to keep looking for the truth? Nope. They had their scapegoat ... They thought they would break him. They did their best to destroy him. It didn't work, and to continue to look for answers would mean admitting that either they got it wrong or that they should have collected more evidence BEFORE they threw him in jail. Instead they figured the dungeons would do their work for them. That happens a lot in Stoddard county.
Railroaded

Mountain Home, AR

#5 Nov 27, 2011
Interesting wrote:
I think the main thing that can be learned here is that innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean a thing in this country. They'll still stuff you in a hole, treat you like you're less than human, and let you rot for ages while you wait on a trial, hoping that the depression, despair, and separation from friends, family, and freedom will break you. They want you to take a plea, to make their life easier for them. It doesn't matter if you're guilty or not.
Do you think the cops are going to keep looking for the truth? Nope. They had their scapegoat ... They thought they would break him. They did their best to destroy him. It didn't work, and to continue to look for answers would mean admitting that either they got it wrong or that they should have collected more evidence BEFORE they threw him in jail. Instead they figured the dungeons would do their work for them. That happens a lot in Stoddard county.
You summed it up perfect, a lot is not mentioned in this short article that really happened behind the walls in Stoddard County.
They tried to break him but they had a boy that was stronger than they could have ever imagined.
Pepper Spray and Tazed was a regular routine for the duration in Stoddard County, but no confession would happen, death first.
Cape County was not much better, to close to home and too many conections.
I always wonder if they know who really done it and was covering it up for them or maybe they just can't accept the other possibilities.

Maybe something better will come out of this for the next poor soul Railroaded, no cameras in his cell and no education seems enough for a Federal Civil Rights Investigation to me.
Cotton mouth

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Nov 27, 2011
Railroaded wrote:
<quoted text>You summed it up perfect, a lot is not mentioned in this short article that really happened behind the walls in Stoddard County.
They tried to break him but they had a boy that was stronger than they could have ever imagined.
Pepper Spray and Tazed was a regular routine for the duration in Stoddard County, but no confession would happen, death first.
Cape County was not much better, to close to home and too many conections.
I always wonder if they know who really done it and was covering it up for them or maybe they just can't accept the other possibilities.

Maybe something better will come out of this for the next poor soul Railroaded, no cameras in his cell and no education seems enough for a Federal Civil Rights Investigation to me.
If your ass threw water on me while I was sleeping I would beat the breaks off of you. And yes I been in a few prison camps.
Corruption runs deep

United States

#8 Apr 14, 2012
Clean Officials

Milwaukee, WI

#9 Apr 20, 2012
Rising above

Mountain Home, AR

#10 May 28, 2012
Rising above

Mountain Home, AR

#11 May 28, 2012
Broken Arrows

Ash Flat, AR

#12 Jul 1, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stoddard County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Single Sep 14 Jrs78 1
County jail neglect (Oct '14) Jul '17 Dexter from Dexter 4
Ashley copeland, George Dawson(her bf), Joe Hur... Jul '17 Mary 2
Meth = $$$$ Jun '17 Batman 1
News Five Dexter residents arrested on meth charges (Apr '12) Jun '17 chrisbiggun 10
News Coroner identifies 2 found dead in house fire i... (Mar '17) Mar '17 PSF 1
Jason Mars (Jan '17) Jan '17 Long time ago 1
More from around the web