District Attorney Burns upset with Marlow police department testimony

Oct 17, 2009 Full story: Duncan Banner 925

A case against a man for trafficking methamphetamine was tossed out of court Friday after two Marlow Police officers testified and evidence was inconsistent with their testimonies.

Full Story
First Prev
of 47
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Duncan, OK

#1 Oct 18, 2009
The DA's office made the comment that the Marlow municipal authority should investigate the lying going on in the testimony in this case. The investigation should go much higher than municipal, the deceit goes all the way to the top. So investigate accordingly

“Taste the Rainbow”

Since: Jul 08

Houston, TX

#2 Oct 19, 2009
I wonder why the girl was convicted and not the guy? That makes no sense.
Kumquat

Duncan, OK

#3 Oct 22, 2009
Concerned Citizen from Duncan. The problem is much deeper than that. There are several issues that are in this small town. Dishonesty and hidden matters that just get swept under a rug. If the citizens of Marlow were aware of a lot of things, even prior to Bob Hills election to police chief, I know of one electorial seat that would be heated or lost. Sexual horassment and descrimination I know for a fact has happened and not been dealt with in a proper manner. To such a point that the person QUIT their job- do to failure of corrective actions on the administrative level. There are several in this town that think that another employee is being dealt a card of racial prejudice and failure to comply to 'the good ole boy' policy. JustaRandomGirl, the girl opted not to fight the system. I am ever so thankful that SOMEONE finally has. To Lamar, Burns and Kee... You have support! Dishonest law officials and city administration is one thing this town does not need. The drugs are bad everywhere, including Marlow, and to have lost the opportunity to lock up a guilty man to such stupidity should be an embarrassment to the entire City of Marlow!
I hope that this matter, as so many others, does not get internally "swept under the rug".
To officers Smith, Williams, Lynch, Garrett and Abney. I know four of you and know that your names are mentioned NOWHERE in the news! You are good honest officers and this is an honor you should hold your head high for. THANK YOU!
Citizens sometimes don't realize that police officers make little pay in a small town. Sometimes less than an apprentice plumber or gas station clerk; all to protect and serve them. To pull over a car, not knowing if you are going to get shot or ran over... to walk up to a front door, not knowing if you are going to get shot at... to leave your house every night and pray that you will come home to your family... all to protect and serve the general public, for only a small amount of pay.
I hope and pray that the citizens of Marlow will force this town to FULLY investigate all actions that have lead us to 'making the headlines'.
Guest

Duncan, OK

#4 Oct 26, 2009
The deceit doesn't stop in Marlow...The new Sheriff isn't much better. I supposed only liars can get elected?! McK has fired people just for being black, and female. He lies about "who" found the body of the boy in Bray/Marlow. YOU didn't McK and you act like YOU do everything for the SD. He took all the praise for it when he was nothing but unhelpful to the family. Truth be told,...a reserve was the first one of the scene, told the car was clear and followed the chain of command and moved the car out of the field. THEN McK released the car before he should have...the State wanted the car. What did he do? LIE...these guys are all professional liars and I wouldn't trust a single one.

What about the Marlow cops that pulled teenagers over, took their marijuana and smoked it while on duty...never mind the whole "BEING A COP THING" and "BEING A ROLE MODEL". D.A.R.E my arse...when the cop's are doing it too! You know who you are "B". Driving around the country road on the high schools lunch hour, smoking out...Come on, you cant tell me that the other officers knew nothing of it. Puh-Leez! These guys all have their heads so far up each others butt they can no-longer tell right from wrong...or is it that they just don't have to uphold the law unless it's convenient for themselves?!
Lifetime Marlow Resident

Richardson, TX

#5 Oct 27, 2009
I personaly feel that Ms. Cain is to be lumped in with these notorious bad officers as well, her and Mr Hill ARE CORRUPT and think they run this town, TIME to GO both of you. After speaking with several Highway Patrol officers and Duncan Police officers, they have all said that Hill, Richards, Johnson, and Aguilera are all DIRTY and should loose their jobs. All worked under Jimmie Bruner together and ALL left prior to the new sheriff took office, HMMMM that is a coincendece huhhh!!! I wander how many other cases are tainted that these officers have worked. I know for one thing I and my neighbors do not want them in Marlow. GET OUT!!!! Kudos to DA Burns, Mr. Kee for getting to the Truth! And Sheriff Mckinney keep up the good job!
JustAnotherOutla w

Duncan, OK

#6 Oct 27, 2009
Lifetime Marlow Resident wrote:
I personaly feel that Ms. Cain is to be lumped in with these notorious bad officers as well, her and Mr Hill ARE CORRUPT and think they run this town, TIME to GO both of you. After speaking with several Highway Patrol officers and Duncan Police officers, they have all said that Hill, Richards, Johnson, and Aguilera are all DIRTY and should loose their jobs. All worked under Jimmie Bruner together and ALL left prior to the new sheriff took office, HMMMM that is a coincendece huhhh!!! I wander how many other cases are tainted that these officers have worked. I know for one thing I and my neighbors do not want them in Marlow. GET OUT!!!! Kudos to DA Burns, Mr. Kee for getting to the Truth! And Sheriff Mckinney keep up the good job!
I think she does need to go. Coincidentally there was no run off for police chief... Bob Hill automatically got it when he failed to win county sheriff. Doyle and Janice seen that his seat was held for him. What about Elvis LeRoy Walker? He was a good officer!! He knew how to run the police department! Janice is just as bad as the cops all mentioned in the above and she should also be held accountable for her wrong doings! Come on- what kind of a city manager is not aware? Ignorance huh? So, if I get pulled over by her 'officers' and plead ignorance- do I not get a ticket. She is a joke. I hope Marlow sees that her and all other corrupt city administration and law officials lose their seats.
news source

Duncan, OK

#7 Oct 28, 2009
because she put in a blind plea of guilty at the very start- her choice under advise by court appointed atty
AnotherOutlaw

Duncan, OK

#8 Oct 28, 2009
JustaRandomGirl wrote:
I wonder why the girl was convicted and not the guy? That makes no sense.
The Lawton Constitution reads "Anderson waived her right to a preliminary hearing in August and received a 20-year prison sentence." In the October 28th issue.
The Marlow Review read the same also reading "Lamar noted that he would have conducted her sentence differently after hearing Friday's testimony" in the October 22nd issue.
Lifetime Marlow Resident

Richardson, TX

#9 Oct 28, 2009
AnotherOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lawton Constitution reads "Anderson waived her right to a preliminary hearing in August and received a 20-year prison sentence." In the October 28th issue.
The Marlow Review read the same also reading "Lamar noted that he would have conducted her sentence differently after hearing Friday's testimony" in the October 22nd issue.
But I do believe that even if she plead gulity and if all that has come out and is found to be true with the tainited evidence and conspiracy, does that throw out her conviction?? I don't know, I guess we will see. I am sure her attorney is filing appeals.
Momof3

Duncan, OK

#10 Oct 28, 2009
Guest wrote:
The deceit doesn't stop in Marlow...The new Sheriff isn't much better. I supposed only liars can get elected?! McK has fired people just for being black, and female. He lies about "who" found the body of the boy in Bray/Marlow. YOU didn't McK and you act like YOU do everything for the SD. He took all the praise for it when he was nothing but unhelpful to the family. Truth be told,...a reserve was the first one of the scene, told the car was clear and followed the chain of command and moved the car out of the field. THEN McK released the car before he should have...the State wanted the car. What did he do? LIE...these guys are all professional liars and I wouldn't trust a single one.
What about the Marlow cops that pulled teenagers over, took their marijuana and smoked it while on duty...never mind the whole "BEING A COP THING" and "BEING A ROLE MODEL". D.A.R.E my arse...when the cop's are doing it too! You know who you are "B". Driving around the country road on the high schools lunch hour, smoking out...Come on, you cant tell me that the other officers knew nothing of it. Puh-Leez! These guys all have their heads so far up each others butt they can no-longer tell right from wrong...or is it that they just don't have to uphold the law unless it's convenient for themselves?!
I live in the middle of Marlow city limits and this should have been a Marlow bust along with the other one that got away. But greed and dishonesty has cost this town humiliation. McKinney to the rescue considering I can see the arrest point from my house!!
http://www.kswo.com/global/video/flash/popupp...
Momof3

Duncan, OK

#11 Oct 28, 2009
http://www.kswo.com/global/video/flash/popupp...

I am sorry, this is the video on the drug bust- compliments of Stephens County Sheriff and Oklahoma Highway Patrol!!
Marlow

Duncan, OK

#12 Oct 29, 2009
Marlow is a great Town to live in. None of you know the entire story. You are all spectulating. You all only see what you want to. You don't see Police Officers that dedicate their lives to serve. They put their lives on the line each and every day. They are human beings just as you are. They make mistakes and make the wrong choices. The Profession they have choosen puts them in the spot light & they all try to be the best they can. If you think you can do better than go thru what they have to go thru and become a Police Officer and clean up the City. Risk your life everyday. Kiss your Family goodbye before you leave for work not knowing if this is the day someone pulls out a gun and shoots you. Or better yet will this be the day someone runs from you turns around and you think they have a gun so you defend yourself only to find out it was a plastic BB gun or even better a cell phone. Then have to explain to EVERYONE what in that split second was going on in your mind. Then guess what another Officer was there but from his angle he could see it was cell phone. But another officer saw it and thought it was a gun too. So do you get to gether to make all your stories match? O wait no thats not right that would make you DIRTY. So when you testify One officer testifies he saw a cell phone. The other officers testify they saw a gun. Oops that is inconsistant in Stephens County you get suspended & possibly prosocuted for not getting your stories straight before you write up your report and go to court... Wow seems to me they might be in a no win situation. These guys small town or not deal with more than any of you see or care to see. The OHP officer that hit the guy on his side so he could hand cuff him.... Really people were saying that was excessive force.. It clearly was resistance..... I know there are DIRTY cops in the United States... There are DIRTY Lawyers... There are DIRTY school teachers.... Ther are even DIRTY Preachers..... So lets Burn them all just to make a point. Lets let one bad seed ruin the entire Crop. Come on Open your eyes. If you do your Job as a Police Officer you will piss off the wrong people and you will make people mad. Does that make you dirty..... If you go to your doctor and he says you have Cancer and your going to die do you blame your doctor..... They Serve & Protect you and you bad mouth them and say they are dirty. You need to look for the facts. You need to not listen to gossip. Just because it comes out of someones mouth does not make it fact, and the News does not report facts. Let he who has no sin cast the first stone. But I forgot we don't think that way anymore we don't care who we hurt with our words. But it's ok cause it's just a DIRTY cop. Right..... I want to know what you are going to do when you need the police and they are more worried about stepping on toes or pissing off the wrong people to do their job. Who will protect you then?
Retired Officer

Richardson, TX

#13 Oct 29, 2009
First of all I am a retired officer with over 35 years expierence, and yes until all the facts are presented we must wait for judgement. But as for the post above I totally disagree with, first when I took the Oath to become an Officer, I swore to uphold the law!! Not Lie, or try and cover it up. If I made a mistake I made a mistake and it didn't go as far a lieing on the stand or doctoring evidence, or even asking for help from fellow officers to help me do this. We all play by one rule, to act fair and uphold the law, NOT by my own rules.

Now I know several officers still and I trust their judgements on character and if the wanted these men to PROTECT their families life and my life. And NONE not one believe any of these "suspended" WITH PAY officers to be a credible extension of the law. I believe that their may be more cases that they have got away wih in the past and this is the second one that Mr.Richards has been caught in.

Now let the OSBI and FBI investigate these individuals and the City of Marlow and at that time make judgement, but to be honest the "Black Eye" of stephens counth (MARLOW) can not escape this cloud untill these Officers move on.
Neighbor to the south

Choctaw, OK

#14 Oct 29, 2009
I have noticed over some number of years where there have been so many men from Marlow picked up by Randy Johnson and charged with sexual offenses. I am not suggesting there are no men from Marlow who are sex offenders, but please is there that many! Marlow is not that big of a town. I believe Mr. Johnson should be investigated and someone go back over all his arrests and each one checked with a fine tooth comb. I am aware of certain cases where it is believed Johnson falsified evidence to get a conviction.

All I can say is if there are that many sex offenders in Marlow then it is not a town where anyone would want to live, and especially raise their small children! As for me I believe it is a nice little town, but I do think they have a few crooked, over zealous police officers, who believe they are above the law.
To the honest good officers - Thank You
Momof3

Duncan, OK

#15 Oct 30, 2009
Retired Officer wrote:
First of all I am a retired officer with over 35 years expierence, and yes until all the facts are presented we must wait for judgement. But as for the post above I totally disagree with, first when I took the Oath to become an Officer, I swore to uphold the law!! Not Lie, or try and cover it up. If I made a mistake I made a mistake and it didn't go as far a lieing on the stand or doctoring evidence, or even asking for help from fellow officers to help me do this. We all play by one rule, to act fair and uphold the law, NOT by my own rules.
Now I know several officers still and I trust their judgements on character and if the wanted these men to PROTECT their families life and my life. And NONE not one believe any of these "suspended" WITH PAY officers to be a credible extension of the law. I believe that their may be more cases that they have got away wih in the past and this is the second one that Mr.Richards has been caught in.
Now let the OSBI and FBI investigate these individuals and the City of Marlow and at that time make judgement, but to be honest the "Black Eye" of stephens counth (MARLOW) can not escape this cloud untill these Officers move on.
Dear Retired Officer,
First, I would like to show my appreciation for your time served. I understand that police risks everything for ($$$) what most of us would consider a small amount. There are several officers that are here and that have been here (in Marlow) that I know and respect each and every one of them. If I get pulled over (headlight)I pull to the right, not run. I have never been arrested (or done anything to get arrested) and I try to teach my children to have the same respects. Mistakes are expected- nobody is perfect. But you made a good point- lying on the stand and presenting fictitous tapes is a BIG no-no. I have respect for the officers that serve this town and I will do all in my power to make their life easier. All of you want facts? Try going to

http://www.marlowreview.com/media_files/Willi...
http://www.marlowreview.com/media_files/Willi...
http://www.marlowreview.com/media_files/Willi...

You can listen to the tapes at www.marlowreview.com

The affidavit provided by the police plainly states 30 grams and the OSBI report says 20. The tapes are clearly different and edited. I hope and pray that the OSBI and the FBI get to the bottom of this and we can all regain our trust in the officers in this town. I would scauld my children if they ever referred to police officers as pigs- but after seeing and hearing this, I can see where the terminology would have came from.
Marlow

Duncan, OK

#16 Oct 30, 2009
"Retired Officer"
First of all I am a retired officer with over 35 years expierence, and yes until all the facts are presented we must wait for judgement. But as for the post above I totally disagree with, first when I took the Oath to become an Officer, I swore to uphold the law!! Not Lie, or try and cover it up. If I made a mistake I made a mistake and it didn't go as far a lieing on the stand or doctoring evidence, or even asking for help from fellow officers to help me do this. We all play by one rule, to act fair and uphold the law, NOT by my own rules.
Just wanted to clarify that I am in no way taking up for the Suspended Officers of Marlow. I am taking up for the profession. The Suspended Officers in Marlow are in that position for reasons beyond that court case... I agree that you take an oath to uphold the "LAW" that was my point. There are still good Cops in Marlow. Cops that risk their lives everyday. That's what I was refering to. The mistakes I was referring to were the example of the real gun and the BB gun.
Really

Duncan, OK

#17 Oct 30, 2009
Momof3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Retired Officer,
First, I would like to show my appreciation for your time served. I understand that police risks everything for ($$$) what most of us would consider a small amount. There are several officers that are here and that have been here (in Marlow) that I know and respect each and every one of them. If I get pulled over (headlight)I pull to the right, not run. I have never been arrested (or done anything to get arrested) and I try to teach my children to have the same respects. Mistakes are expected- nobody is perfect. But you made a good point- lying on the stand and presenting fictitous tapes is a BIG no-no. I have respect for the officers that serve this town and I will do all in my power to make their life easier. All of you want facts? Try going to
http://www.marlowreview.com/media_files/Willi...
http://www.marlowreview.com/media_files/Willi...
http://www.marlowreview.com/media_files/Willi...
You can listen to the tapes at www.marlowreview.com
The affidavit provided by the police plainly states 30 grams and the OSBI report says 20. The tapes are clearly different and edited. I hope and pray that the OSBI and the FBI get to the bottom of this and we can all regain our trust in the officers in this town. I would scauld my children if they ever referred to police officers as pigs- but after seeing and hearing this, I can see where the terminology would have came from.
Did you know that OSBI weighs drugs only. No Bags, No Containers, No extra body fluids from the removal of drugs from body openings. I read the report and it states Approximately. You know why it says that? Because is is an approximation not an exact measurement that is why Drugs are sent to OSBI for exact measurements. These men are under investigation for inconsistancies in there stories. One saw a school bus one didn't, one saw this the other didn't. They are not being investigated because they lied. Actually they are being investigated because 3 different people saw three different thing and testifed to what they saw as individuals.... Inconsistant with each other. Once again you do not know what went on in that court room have you read those transcripts? Do you know how they testified.

These Police Officers are finished either way. They forever will be tagged for this.
Momof3

Duncan, OK

#18 Oct 30, 2009
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that OSBI weighs drugs only. No Bags, No Containers, No extra body fluids from the removal of drugs from body openings. I read the report and it states Approximately. You know why it says that? Because is is an approximation not an exact measurement that is why Drugs are sent to OSBI for exact measurements. These men are under investigation for inconsistancies in there stories. One saw a school bus one didn't, one saw this the other didn't. They are not being investigated because they lied. Actually they are being investigated because 3 different people saw three different thing and testifed to what they saw as individuals.... Inconsistant with each other. Once again you do not know what went on in that court room have you read those transcripts? Do you know how they testified.
These Police Officers are finished either way. They forever will be tagged for this.
We will see what is found by the OSBI and the FBI. If you would go listen to the tapes you can plainly see that the recording that was submitted was doctored/ edited. A lie, is a lie, is a lie. And how on earth am I suppose to be justified and teaching my children that lies are wrong- when three officers (in this case) have not just told 'little white lies' or had misunderstandings. These men have given tainted testimonies & edited tapes that were sworn to be accurate and so on. The route in which they took? I suppose you are one of the citizens that believe that someone can drive 3-1/2 miles in 36 seconds in a Chevy Blazer? WOW! And you still believe that these men are being twisted? Whether they saw a school bus, passed a stop sign or drove the right route... I doubt they were able to travel east and west at the same time and go 3-1/2 miles in 36 seconds.
Guest

Richardson, TX

#19 Oct 30, 2009
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that OSBI weighs drugs only. No Bags, No Containers, No extra body fluids from the removal of drugs from body openings. I read the report and it states Approximately. You know why it says that? Because is is an approximation not an exact measurement that is why Drugs are sent to OSBI for exact measurements. These men are under investigation for inconsistancies in there stories. One saw a school bus one didn't, one saw this the other didn't. They are not being investigated because they lied. Actually they are being investigated because 3 different people saw three different thing and testifed to what they saw as individuals.... Inconsistant with each other. Once again you do not know what went on in that court room have you read those transcripts? Do you know how they testified.
These Police Officers are finished either way. They forever will be tagged for this.
Actually you sound as if you are one of them or their spouses, you sure know more than what has been released. You didn't mention the audio tape that must have been inconsistant as well, why make a recording and edit it and not submit the orginal tape, unless your were trying to hide something. And another thing, Don't these Patrol Cars have dashed mounted cameras that automaticall record when the lights go on, so there is no "inconsistancies"? Where is this tape? Probably an excuse, "It was broke", It was recorded over, Malfunction.. I am sure there is something or it will be out soon.
Momof3

Duncan, OK

#20 Oct 30, 2009
Marlow wrote:
Marlow is a great Town to live in. None of you know the entire story. You are all spectulating. You all only see what you want to. You don't see Police Officers that dedicate their lives to serve. They put their lives on the line each and every day. They are human beings just as you are. They make mistakes and make the wrong choices. The Profession they have choosen puts them in the spot light & they all try to be the best they can. If you think you can do better than go thru what they have to go thru and become a Police Officer and clean up the City. Risk your life everyday. Kiss your Family goodbye before you leave for work not knowing if this is the day someone pulls out a gun and shoots you. Or better yet will this be the day someone runs from you turns around and you think they have a gun so you defend yourself only to find out it was a plastic BB gun or even better a cell phone. Then have to explain to EVERYONE what in that split second was going on in your mind. Then guess what another Officer was there but from his angle he could see it was cell phone. But another officer saw it and thought it was a gun too. So do you get to gether to make all your stories match? O wait no thats not right that would make you DIRTY. So when you testify One officer testifies he saw a cell phone. The other officers testify they saw a gun. Oops that is inconsistant in Stephens County you get suspended & possibly prosocuted for not getting your stories straight before you write up your report and go to court... Wow seems to me they might be in a no win situation. These guys small town or not deal with more than any of you see or care to see. The OHP officer that hit the guy on his side so he could hand cuff him.... Really people were saying that was excessive force.. It clearly was resistance..... I know there are DIRTY cops in the United States... There are DIRTY Lawyers... There are DIRTY school teachers.... Ther are even DIRTY Preachers..... So lets Burn them all just to make a point. Lets let one bad seed ruin the entire Crop. Come on Open your eyes. If you do your Job as a Police Officer you will piss off the wrong people and you will make people mad. Does that make you dirty..... If you go to your doctor and he says you have Cancer and your going to die do you blame your doctor..... They Serve & Protect you and you bad mouth them and say they are dirty. You need to look for the facts. You need to not listen to gossip. Just because it comes out of someones mouth does not make it fact, and the News does not report facts. Let he who has no sin cast the first stone. But I forgot we don't think that way anymore we don't care who we hurt with our words. But it's ok cause it's just a DIRTY cop. Right..... I want to know what you are going to do when you need the police and they are more worried about stepping on toes or pissing off the wrong people to do their job. Who will protect you then?
Marlow still has several fine officers left on the force. I am sure that Garrett, Lynch, Williams, Abney, Smith and Moore can hold down the fort for a while. If there is needed assistance there are outside entities that can be called in to help. These men that are being investigated are not officers that take pride in protecting the people; their level of interest is more at the fame. Their greed for fame and dishonesty has cost this town humiliation and shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 47
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephens County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Duncan doctor held in non-fatal shooting (Aug '13) Sep 6 Justice 26
Section 9 driling Aug '14 David 1
Oklahoma juvenile gets no-parole life sentence (Mar '14) Mar '14 binaries 2
Wallbuilders bring Bible-based message back to ... (Feb '14) Mar '14 woodtick57 3
Personal property tax relief for disabled and a... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Leta Feldmeier 1
Buzz misfired in Vanity Fair body slam of Duncan (Jan '14) Feb '14 Really 3
homess (Jan '14) Jan '14 help me 1

Stephens County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE