US election: Minnesota officials prep...

US election: Minnesota officials prepare for recount in Senate ...

There are 2 comments on the Guardian Unlimited story from Nov 11, 2008, titled US election: Minnesota officials prepare for recount in Senate .... In it, Guardian Unlimited reports that:

Unofficial results showed Republican senator Norm Coleman leading Democratic challenger Al Franken by just 206 votes McClatchy newspapers guardian.co.uk , Tuesday November 11 2008 16.11 GMT The Norm Coleman and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Guardian Unlimited.

Mike

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Nov 12, 2008
The clowns belong to circuses, not to Senate.
Otherwise, if we elect clowns to Senate, we make the Senate a circus.

“Good luck with that”

Since: Dec 07

Eden Praire

#2 Nov 12, 2008
It's amazing the comments I've heard from people who voted for Franken. Not ONE of them focussed on the issues, or even Franken. Each person I talked to either mentioned Bush, Coleman's personality (really? anyone would think there's a worse personallity than Franken?), or the % of votes Coleman had with the President.

Speaking on that last point: I don't know if voters realize this, but the President doesn't vote in the Senate, so exactly how they determine if a vote is WITH or AGAINST the president I would like to know. I'm sure some are pretty clear, but there are so many that both parties agree on, I'de be curious to find out where they get those stats. Also.. he is a republican, and therefore would probably vote that way a high percentage of the time. I mean, use your head!! Do you really think Franken's % for Liberal votes is going to be any lower??

I also noticed that the first few adds said 93%. then later they were 90%, then 85%, and at the end of the campaign, they were 75%. I think this goes back to my first question.. how do they make that determination? Obviously Franken had no clue, because the # kept changing.

Also, did anyone bother to ask WHAT those votes were for or against? You'de think the details would be important. If the vote was for something you agree with, does it matter if it's also WITH the President?

It's clear that so many voters just don't think!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stearns County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Arrested In Deadly Home Invasion Near Madelia (Jan '17) Feb '17 The TRUMP of Trolls 3
At&t Background Check (Nov '16) Nov '16 Tom 2
News Missing Wisconsin Woman Last Seen in St. Cloud (Jun '16) Jun '16 fulltimesweety 1
News Stearns sheriff's sergeant faces new charges in... (Sep '10) Jul '15 Tommy 10
News Alligator causes scare, then a laugh, in Minnesota (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mitt s Airtight D... 1
News Boy injured after jumping out of car during chase (Jan '14) Jan '14 Lee 1
News Stearns County teen, mother arrested in scuffle... (Apr '11) Aug '13 E Proudfoot 39