Conviction upheld for man who sneaked...

Conviction upheld for man who sneaked knife into Stearns County...

There are 6 comments on the story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Conviction upheld for man who sneaked knife into Stearns County.... In it, reports that:

The Minnesota Court of Appeals on Tuesday upheld the conviction of a man who sneaked a knife through a Stearns County Courthouse metal detector and later was arrested when he told courthouse security what he had done.

Join the discussion below, or

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 10, 2010
What an idiot! He got what he deserves.

Since: Jan 09

Dugway, UT

#2 Feb 10, 2010
This guy is an idiot. However, a felony charge is WAY over the top. It's a friggin' knife.

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Feb 10, 2010
He carries a knife around in his shoe and uses it to eat with? Remind me to turn down that dinner invitation...
Felix The Wonderful Cat

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Feb 10, 2010
Not to bright.
Charged with felony? He turned it over.
Where's the felony?

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Feb 10, 2010
Exactly! Where is the felony? Fine him $250 and charge him with a petty misdemeanor, and start checking people until the alarm doesn't go off. These security personnel should be charged with failure to follow protocol.

United States

#6 Feb 13, 2010
this is very wrong this conviction should have been reversed a FELONY? for showing them their security was lacking? volenteering this as he's going out the door?out the door? he obviosly didnt have any malicious intent to tell on himself somthing needs to be done about this.24 months? that costs tax payers 33,000$$ dollars a year to lock somone up.thats where my money goes when i pay taxes??????/ what the hell??? this is wrong!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stearns County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stearns sheriff's sergeant faces new charges in... (Sep '10) Jul '15 Tommy 10
News Alligator causes scare, then a laugh, in Minnesota (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mitt s Airtight D... 1
News Boy injured after jumping out of car during chase (Jan '14) Jan '14 Lee 1
News Stearns County teen, mother arrested in scuffle... (Apr '11) Aug '13 E Proudfoot 39
News Man Arrested For Stabbing, Assaulting Girlfrien... (Mar '13) Mar '13 DonkeyEstonkey 6
News Cold Spring man files for Stearns board (Jun '12) Jun '12 Martin 1
News Rocori student brings knife to middle school (Apr '11) Apr '11 No spin zone 2
More from around the web