While witness is delayed, Franken gains 14 votes

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. Heavy snow in northwestern Minnesota stopped Democrat Al Franken's attorneys from resting their case Wednesday, but they still got some sunny news: The judges hearing ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JCB

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 12, 2009
Norm, The full-figured lady is about to sing.

“The Lord of Sound Logic.”

Since: Nov 08

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Mar 12, 2009
From the article: "Attorney Ben Ginsberg, Coleman's chief trial spokesman, said the lack of proof shouldn't matter."
Thank you, Jesus, for giving me the good luck of NEVER having used Mr Ginsberg as my attorney.
What a putz.
Last one out of the courtroom, please turn out the lights.
The Rad Rethuglican

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Mar 12, 2009
From the story: " According to Coleman's own accounting, his attorneys have not submitted some evidence the judges have indicated they'd
need in order to count any ballots ... Attorney Ben Ginsberg, Coleman's chief trial spokesman, said the lack of proof shouldn't matter."

While I appreciate Mr. Ginsberg's candor, I do not agree that Norm doesn't need evidence to back up his claims in this matter.

That completely absurd comment by Ginsberg is typical of Coleman's entire case: Infer that some procedures in the election process were not done perfectly or exactly the same in every single precinct should mean that somehow, Norm got more votes. How in hell could anyone make such a claim?

COUNTRY FIRST, NORM! You need to realize that you should lose an election instead of paralyzing the country.
two jokers

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Mar 12, 2009
Good God, let this circus be over already. It's made MN the laughingstock of the country. Jack Nelson-Palmeyer was a superior candidate and should have won the DFL endorsement. He would have been a true leader for this state during these troubled times. He would've gotten to business immediately instead of wasting our time and money while providing zero representation or leadership. Clear Franken and Coleman out of the race entirely. They both fail.
two jokers

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Mar 12, 2009
And seriously, does anyone still consider these shenanigans to be newsworthy? It's about as intellectually stimulating as reading about Octo-Mom's mental health status.
Palin Quayle 2012

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Mar 12, 2009
"the lack of proof shouldn't matter. "
Perfect republican statement.
Get it done

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Mar 12, 2009
Get the counting done and the contest over.
Judges: move this along.
Shawna

Beeville, TX

#8 Mar 12, 2009
To Two Jokers:

Minnesota does not appear to be the laughingstock here. It is Norm Coleman.

I am glad that there is such a transparent recount process. Norm Coleman could have stopped this long ago, but all of the elections officials have behaved so professionally.

The recount process beats having the run-off process that they use in GA. As if one election isn't enough, right?

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Mar 12, 2009
two jokers wrote:
Good God, let this circus be over already. It's made MN the laughingstock of the country. Jack Nelson-Palmeyer was a superior candidate ... He would've gotten to business immediately instead of wasting our time and money while providing zero representation or leadership.
Are you trying to say that if Norm's Coleman was 250 ballots behind Jack Nelson-Palmeyer that Norm would have gracefully stepped aside and the GOP would have approved of Jack's being seated in the senate.
All-righty then.
If only Jack had filed to be a candidate, eh? What a wasted opportunity.
two jokers

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Mar 12, 2009
hudaful wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to say that if Norm's Coleman was 250 ballots behind Jack Nelson-Palmeyer that Norm would have gracefully stepped aside and the GOP would have approved of Jack's being seated in the senate.
All-righty then.
If only Jack had filed to be a candidate, eh? What a wasted opportunity.
There wouldn't have been anything to contest if Jack had filled the DFL position. He would've won by a landslide. No recount. No delay. No circus. Too many DFL voters were conflicted about Franken. Jack had wider appeal, by far.

“Don't Say Like Dat”

Since: May 08

Jerusalem

#13 Mar 12, 2009
lets call this race the world is watching and laughing at minnowsota this is a disgrace

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Mar 12, 2009
two jokers wrote:
<quoted text>
There wouldn't have been anything to contest if Jack had filled the DFL position. He would've won by a landslide. No recount. No delay. No circus. Too many DFL voters were conflicted about Franken. Jack had wider appeal, by far.
Why didn't he run then?
He was soliciting for campaign funds, but never even filed. Appeal to Jack to spend some of the funds he solicited on the filing fee next time. Maybe you are right, but it looks like we'll never find out if Jack never files.
dee

United States

#15 Mar 12, 2009
Thanks to all the BLAKELY supporters Mn is reduced to a FREAK CIRCUS.
Praise to God

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Mar 12, 2009
THis is just theft of the election by Franklin. The Coleman attorney proved that there is thousands of votes what should still be counted for him. I heard him say it on the radio this morning but the court you know wont count them because of them wanting the liberal athiests in the democrat party to win. They should all be in jail. We need good Christian leaders like Coleman who will stand up for America and capitolism and not turn away from God. Those what arent Christians shouldnt be aloowed to vote or be voted for office in this country because it is a Christian country not a athiest moslem country.

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Mar 12, 2009
Praise to God wrote:
THis is just theft of the election by Franklin. The Coleman attorney proved that there is thousands of votes what should still be counted for him. I heard him say it on the radio this morning but the court you know wont count them because of them wanting the liberal athiests in the democrat party to win. They should all be in jail. We need good Christian leaders like Coleman who will stand up for America and capitolism and not turn away from God. Those what arent Christians shouldnt be aloowed to vote or be voted for office in this country because it is a Christian country not a athiest moslem country.
We should have more good Christian Jews like Coleman leading the country. Norm has changed parties, so it shouldn't be a problem getting him to change religions. Send him or his wife a check and he'll get right on it.
Gumby

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Mar 12, 2009
dee wrote:
Who the h**l is "Blakely?"
AAG

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Mar 12, 2009
Keep counting em for Al, Coleman, Thanks!!!!
Flatblade

Rochester, MN

#20 Mar 12, 2009
Praise to God wrote:
Are you for real? Just for your information, Mr. Coleman is a Jew and was hired to "consult" for a Jewish organization. This country was founded on the premise of "Freedom of Religion", not "Freedom to be Christian".

I happen to be a practicing Christian, but I refuse to view all politics through the prism of my faith.
Rob

Sioux Falls, SD

#21 Mar 12, 2009
Gee, Norm, don't you think it's time to end the fiasco and acknowledge your defeat?
Der Adler

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Mar 12, 2009
dee wrote:
Don't blame supporters of Senator Barkley, a rock with a DFL label on it could have beaten Coleman. If Sam and Sylvia had not shoved Her Franken down the throat of Minnesota none of this would have happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stearns County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alligator causes scare, then a laugh, in Minnesota Sep '14 Mitt s Airtight D... 1
Boy injured after jumping out of car during chase (Jan '14) Jan '14 Lee 1
Stearns County teen, mother arrested in scuffle... (Apr '11) Aug '13 E Proudfoot 39
Man Arrested For Stabbing, Assaulting Girlfrien... (Mar '13) Mar '13 DonkeyEstonkey 6
Cold Spring man files for Stearns board (Jun '12) Jun '12 Martin 1
Rocori student brings knife to middle school (Apr '11) Apr '11 No spin zone 2
Anoka County likely to prosecute Stearns County... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Freedom 12
More from around the web