Area township split on whether to all...

Area township split on whether to allow wind farm

There are 4 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 21, 2010, titled Area township split on whether to allow wind farm. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

ST. NICHOLAS, Minn. - An economic boon to the community and a monument to a new shift toward renewable energy? Or a blight on the landscape that kills birds, makes people sick and lowers property values? Just how the residents of Luxemburg Township and the town of St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Kay K Duran

Minnetonka, MN

#1 Mar 21, 2010
I do not think wind turbines belong in the country. All wind turbines do is make a bunch of farmers rich. People like me, that moved to the country for the scenery and the lifestyle are the loosers. We do not get any of the money and we have to look at the turbines. I am tired of farmers that think that just because they have lived in the ocuntry longer than we have, that they have some special right to do whatever they want on their land. Our lifestyle is just as important as their farming.

I am glad to see communities taking a position to protect people like me that have a right to a life style free of wind turbines.
Owl Gore

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Mar 21, 2010
Wind power is a complete disaster

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fpco ...

"Denmark, the world’s most wind-intensive nation, with more than 6,000 turbines generating 19% of its electricity, has yet to close a single fossil-fuel plant. It requires 50% more coal-generated electricity to cover wind power’s unpredictability, and pollution and carbon dioxide emissions have risen (by 36% in 2006 alone)."
Livin Woodbury

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 21, 2010
why not? expensive and unreliable energy with a terrible financial payback.

a liberals dream
Tired of yuppies

AOL

#4 Mar 21, 2010
Kay K Duran wrote:
I do not think wind turbines belong in the country. All wind turbines do is make a bunch of farmers rich. People like me, that moved to the country for the scenery and the lifestyle are the loosers. We do not get any of the money and we have to look at the turbines. I am tired of farmers that think that just because they have lived in the ocuntry longer than we have, that they have some special right to do whatever they want on their land. Our lifestyle is just as important as their farming.
I am glad to see communities taking a position to protect people like me that have a right to a life style free of wind turbines.
Move back to the yuppie area of the city where you belong. You people are the ones ruined the whole country side with your snoot-nosed attitude. You move out, and complain about everything from gravel roads and slow poor plow service, to wanting natural gas lines put in, and wanting the smell of the animals to be controlled. My taxes just keep going up because you dopes moved here with no idea of what it is all about...except you "pipe dream" of deer faries wanderiong blissfully through your yards...untill they eat up your gardens, and you expect US to fix it for you. Go back to the city where YOU belong!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stearns County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stearns sheriff's sergeant faces new charges in... (Sep '10) Jul '15 Tommy 10
News Alligator causes scare, then a laugh, in Minnesota (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mitt s Airtight D... 1
News Boy injured after jumping out of car during chase (Jan '14) Jan '14 Lee 1
News Stearns County teen, mother arrested in scuffle... (Apr '11) Aug '13 E Proudfoot 39
News Man Arrested For Stabbing, Assaulting Girlfrien... (Mar '13) Mar '13 DonkeyEstonkey 6
News Cold Spring man files for Stearns board (Jun '12) Jun '12 Martin 1
News Rocori student brings knife to middle school (Apr '11) Apr '11 No spin zone 2
More from around the web