Starke County officials arrested

Starke County officials arrested

There are 18 comments on the WSBT story from Dec 4, 2008, titled Starke County officials arrested. In it, WSBT reports that:

Two Starke County public officials were arrested Thursday after a nine-month investigation by Indiana State Police and the Indiana State Board of Accounts, according to an Indiana State Police news release.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSBT.

Mike

South Whitley, IN

#1 Dec 7, 2008
Having lived in starke co. all my life , it is obvious what is going on.
Two other times there was theft, a fire was started to destroy most of the evidence. One was convicted but got away with the major crimes. The other got away with it all. State Board of Accts. is worthless. Its the State Police who get the job done. And dont believe for a minute the queen Auditor is not involved. It all goes through her and she sets up no red flags.

Since: Oct 08

Leesburg, IN

#2 Dec 23, 2008
It's 12/23, they had court today.... does anyone know what happened? Anyone reading here attend the hearing?
J thom

Lagrange, IN

#3 Dec 24, 2008
Heard all charges have been dropped.

Since: Oct 08

Leesburg, IN

#4 Dec 24, 2008
I sure hope you are kidding or have incorrect information because if they have been dropped things are worse than I ever could have imagined.
Knox Truth

Ames, IA

#5 Aug 22, 2009
Things are way worse than you ever imagined.. We have a GREAT Town but our Mayor is corrupt the Chief Deputy prosecutor is not from Starke county and he is useing OUR tax dollars by bringing every little case to trial and lyeing to get convictions making OUR taxes go up.. He could care less about our money and takes 99% of cases to trial We have officers by framing people and going to court LYEING and still useing are taxes There is a Starke county Sheriff employee (officer) Robert Olejnizak who locks people up by lyeing so he can get convictions so he can move up in rank.. Do not beleive any testomonie this NO good cop gives This county is so corupt right now it is sick but we as tax payers and citizens can not let these ass holes waste our town and money i will not stand for it i will vote for a NEW prosecutor a NEW JUDGE (Kim hall) you gotta go and these police will not go to court and ley any more because the citizens of starke county (jury) will not listen to your bullshit testomonie any longer.. This is our town we love it we live here our kids go to school here and we pay taxes here and we will not let you pieces of shit bring our town down... OPEN YOUR EYES COLTS FAN
if you only knew

Ames, IA

#6 Aug 31, 2009
GREAT.. know we need to get the rest of shit out like Officer Robert Olejnizak (you lieing piece of shit) Cheif Deputy Prosecutor Duerring (Go home get out of Starke county) We the citizens need to take OUR County back,,,,,,,
lynda draper

Warsaw, IN

#7 Oct 26, 2009
Well looks like this town is ready for some changes,on NOV-7AT 2pm till 4pm there is a protest across the street from jail at the Courthouse Media WILL BE THERE..if people will stand together that is what brings about CHANGE:I am out there with a petition trying to help"Need the support of community,THE Corupt system is got to go;I am hopeing that all who want see changes will support the PROTEST.thank you' we can get this done.WE THE PEOPLE COUNT<
a name is a name

Columbia City, IN

#8 Oct 26, 2009
Draper...where have I heard that name before??? HMMM ...let me think, oh I know, on the police scanner, I see the name on the BAD CHECK list in the local grocery stores....I read that name in the paper under the POLICE BLOTTER...good luck lady
I cannot say I think inhumane treatment is right but if your "family" was not in there you wouldn't be making an issue. You won't be seeing me down there at the jail supporting your poor relatives incarceration problems.
lynda draper

Warsaw, IN

#9 Oct 26, 2009
a name is a name wrote:
Draper...where have I heard that name before??? HMMM ...let me think, oh I know, on the police scanner, I see the name on the BAD CHECK list in the local grocery stores....I read that name in the paper under the POLICE BLOTTER...good luck lady
I cannot say I think inhumane treatment is right but if your "family" was not in there you wouldn't be making an issue. You won't be seeing me down there at the jail supporting your poor relatives incarceration problems.
YES a name is a NAME and i am Proud of mine,'YOU DON"T SEE MY NAME ON ON BAD CHECK LIST<AND EVEN IF IT WERE:WHAT DOE"S THAT HAVE TO DO WITH <WHAT IS GOING ON?and yes you are right if my SON had not been there I would have probably read it in the paper' just like you,listen you can judge all you want to0,but the fact remains the problems aren't going to go away as long as people of your mind set don't open you eyes 'sit back and do nothing go' head,that is easy ,your choice,while the county you live in needs the people to take a stand and try to make changes Thank you for your comment i do expect, neg with positive,that is why Im here,'and i don't hide my NAME,something to think about,
lynda draper

Warsaw, IN

#10 Oct 26, 2009
Knox Truth wrote:
Things are way worse than you ever imagined.. We have a GREAT Town but our Mayor is corrupt the Chief Deputy prosecutor is not from Starke county and he is useing OUR tax dollars by bringing every little case to trial and lyeing to get convictions making OUR taxes go up.. He could care less about our money and takes 99% of cases to trial We have officers by framing people and going to court LYEING and still useing are taxes There is a Starke county Sheriff employee (officer) Robert Olejnizak who locks people up by lyeing so he can get convictions so he can move up in rank.. Do not beleive any testomonie this NO good cop gives This county is so corupt right now it is sick but we as tax payers and citizens can not let these ass holes waste our town and money i will not stand for it i will vote for a NEW prosecutor a NEW JUDGE (Kim hall) you gotta go and these police will not go to court and ley any more because the citizens of starke county (jury) will not listen to your bullshit testomonie any longer.. This is our town we love it we live here our kids go to school here and we pay taxes here and we will not let you pieces of shit bring our town down... OPEN YOUR EYES COLTS FAN
thank you or speaking out'
a name is a name

Warsaw, IN

#11 Oct 27, 2009
I know the Drapers who use to live on 100 E south of 500 S. Drugs, theft, drunk driving.....
Dallas D-THEFT,RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY

David D-BURGLARY

Erik D-THEFT,RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY

Korey D-ATTEMPTED/ STRANGULATION

Montana D-THEFT,RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY

That noted, yes, maybe our jail needs some help. I don't always agree with the police here. I guess because they don't have soft towels to dry on or fancy up scale meals....or...top of the line video game systems...or...hotel style cells....maybe we should all just get together pamper them...they have after all committed crimes against others...poor guys....(BRB-getting kleenex). Ok so i am being heartless, cold. Maybe the criminals should commit their crimes in an uppity communities instead of our community. Must we forget our tax dollars giving them a place to sleep and 3 squares a day? Oh and they got to get out while dumbass tried to set the place on fire..! I do agree, we need to change the way things are in our jail...the conditions arent snooty rich folk conditions...but be glad they are not out in a prison farm...where they have to work in the hot heat...sweating...oh, wait, someone would be holding a sign in protest then too I guess. Our jail is very over crowded...and tempers are up....maybe if they don't like the jail conditions it can remind them the next time they steal 5K worth of things from me. hope you can feel vindicated in your efforts...but maybe raising your family to not end up there in the 1st place is a better alternative.
a name is a name

Warsaw, IN

#12 Oct 27, 2009
AND-once you are old enough to make a choice decision you are old enough to deal with the consequence of that choice, good or bad. so if you mess up by choice...do the punishment like a bog boy/girl and move on. Life is sweeter that way and you learn from it.
a name is a name

Warsaw, IN

#13 Oct 28, 2009
big not bog..
Disgusted

West Des Moines, IA

#14 Jan 7, 2010
Shouldn't politicians who are indicted on felony embezzlement charges be on indefinite leave until the outcome is decided? Especially when the crime has to directly deal with the office he is elected to? There can not be a county in America that deals more on the "Buddy System", with outlandish corruption than Starke Co., Indiana. Especially when the Sherrif & Funeral Director(who's a proclaimed professional Raghorn hunter) take a trip to Alaska to retrieve a fella who's 17K in debt of child support. How much did that trip cost us taxpayers, and how in the heck did Smith become a deputy? And how's the kegger parties with all the girls going?
unbelieveable

Warsaw, IN

#15 Jan 18, 2010
so sad.
Starke county res

Davenport, IA

#16 May 14, 2010
I know the Drapers too and yes there are some who have made some crap choices but it doesn't excuse the county from having below regulation conditions in the jail here. A relation of mine was in the county jail on a public intox charge and was in there for 5 days without seeing the judge no towel(def no warm fuzzy towels) no other personal hygiene items the conditions are heinous and it is severely over populated some of the guys in there couldn't wait to get sent to prison so the conditions would be humane! That is ridiculous!Judgemental people are what keeps things the way they are don't tell me that you have done nothing in your life that is illegal even if it was only speeding...what if your children messed up and ended up there? Lynda is a good person who has many struggles in her life she did NOT raise her children to be criminals.
Starke county res

Davenport, IA

#17 May 14, 2010
lynda draper wrote:
Well looks like this town is ready for some changes,on NOV-7AT 2pm till 4pm there is a protest across the street from jail at the Courthouse Media WILL BE THERE..if people will stand together that is what brings about CHANGE:I am out there with a petition trying to help"Need the support of community,THE Corupt system is got to go;I am hopeing that all who want see changes will support the PROTEST.thank you' we can get this done.WE THE PEOPLE COUNT<
I agree with you Lynda the people on this forum who have judged you are jerks who don't know you or what they are talking about.If their children had suffered the inhumane conditions of the SCJ then they would be trying to change things too!!!
sara

South Bend, IN

#18 Aug 19, 2011
oh boy everyone knows starke county is corrupt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Starke County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News May 2015 Unemployment Rates (Jun '15) Jun '15 Mac Daddy 1
News The Starke County Sheriff's Department says a m... (Jul '14) Jul '14 booker 1
News Parole Visit Leads to Arrest (Jul '14) Jul '14 booker 1
News Police: Starke County boy dies after knocked to... (Aug '11) Apr '14 booker 3
News Grovertown shooting ruled a suicide (Jan '14) Jan '14 Booker 1
News Boy, 11, youngest facing murder charge in 90 years (Jul '11) Sep '13 ima hoosier 3
News Starke County man arrested for molesting a child (Aug '13) Aug '13 Starve County Res... 1
More from around the web