Police officer shoots, kills man

Police officer shoots, kills man

There are 4 comments on the The Charlotte Observer story from Jul 20, 2006, titled Police officer shoots, kills man. In it, The Charlotte Observer reports that:

A Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer shot and killed a telephone company worker early this morning after the victim pointed a gun at the officer, police officials say.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Charlotte Observer.

Tammy

Concord, NC

#1 Jul 21, 2006
I think that what the police man said is a lie and he is trying to cover his own butt.
Donna

United States

#2 Jul 22, 2006
I THINK THEY ARE TRYING TO COVER UP THIS MUDER THEY CONMEITED.
I THINK ITS JUST ALL SO WRONG TO KILL SOMEONE AND THEN LIE ABOUT WHAT HAPPEN
Tommy

Southport, NC

#3 Jul 26, 2006
Yeah, it's easy for the officer to say that the man had a gun in his hand because this man isn't alive to testify on his own behalf. Just another gung-ho trigger happy cop, that is going to get away with murder. If the shoe was on the other foot, they would be ready to hang this guy for shooting a cop. I have no problem with the police, just as long as they stay the hell out of my way, and keep out of my business. I can take care of my own. For anyone out there that needs some good reading on handgun ownership or the right to bear arms, I suggest you read, " A NATION OF COWARDS". It has some interesting statistics about how often cops shoot the wrong people, and how often the law abiding, gun carrying, citizens shoot the wrong people. It will open your eyes. I hope for the sake of the people in this area, this cop is delt with accordingly and appropriatly. I assume however, he will just get a slap on the hand.
Tom

Shallotte, NC

#4 Jul 26, 2006
You know when I read the story in the paper with the van having a company name on the side like "network services" I thought to myself "I think that should have alerted the cop to the idea that maybe the truck looked like a service truck that should be there." I imagine running the tag would have gave him some usefull information as well.It also occured to me that if the cop thought the person inside the service building part of the cell tower was stealing copper, wouldn't it be a lot safer and easier to make a case if he just waited outside until the guy came out with the copper in his posession? I think this is a cut and dry case of an idiot with a badge that makes his own ideas about reality and then acts without any regaurds to safety or protocol.The gun also sounds more like a "police plant" or "throw gun" than a gun found in the hand of the victim that was shot to death, since the report stated that the gun was an unregistered fire arm and that it was found later at the scene.The poor man probably had a screw driver in his hand! I think there was no reason for that cop to enter that service building, he should have waited for the worker to exit the building and turn the blue lights on so there would be no way for the man not to know it was a cop he was dealing with and then ask the man for identification and an explaination of what he was doing there.This idiot cop should be charged with MURDER! Reading the report in the paper to me just sounded 100% the cops fault and i just don't see how anyone could see it any other way. I am outraged that the report also said the police said they found no fault on the side of the officer.That statement should have never been made until after a full investigation!My sympathy to the family of this slain single parent father and working man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanly County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The feud is over: Alcoa and Stanly County reach... (May '13) Sep '13 waynhe eury 2
News Stanly Co. man accused of 2 crimes in 24 hours (Jun '13) Jun '13 Skint 1
News Moss selected as new Beaufort County school sup... (Mar '13) Mar '13 todd 1
News Zahra Baker foundation director defends actions (Oct '12) Oct '12 Audit 1
Missing Cat (Dec '11) Dec '11 MStory 1
News Cell phone tower worker shot dead by police off... (Sep '06) Dec '10 You can thank 4
News Neumar fails to appear - again (Aug '10) Aug '10 Diane Gentry 1