BPOL is bad for Stafford County

BPOL is bad for Stafford County

There are 1 comment on the The Free Lance-Star story from Sep 28, 2009, titled BPOL is bad for Stafford County. In it, The Free Lance-Star reports that:

This is in response to the Sept. 18 letter titled "BPOL tax is not so bad, Mr. Milde." In case there are still people out there who do not understand simple economics, "bad" is bad! It is Paul Ortiz's opinion that companies should pay their fair share of taxes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Free Lance-Star.

David

Stafford, VA

#1 Oct 28, 2009
Paul Milde is correct on this issue. Mr. Ortiz says that businesses should pay their fair share. But who pays the businesses taxes - the business? No, it's a person, whether the business owner or the customers to whom the taxes are passed along. Why should a person have to pay an extra tax just because they choose to have a profession as a business owner rather than as an employee? Not to mention that this tax is on the gross revenue of the business, not their profit. I would contend that the business owners are already paying their fair share of taxes, just like every other individual. They should not be singled out for an extra tax because of their chosen profession.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stafford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stafford resident charged in stabbing incident (Aug '13) Aug '13 Jim Beau 1
News Student sues after refusal of anti-abortion clu... (Sep '07) Jun '11 rwee2000 40
News Molester's 210-year sentence upheld Judge uphol... (Oct '10) Mar '11 Coochie lover 2
News Armed Robbery Suspects Wanted - wtvr (Nov '09) Nov '09 dale 1
News Commission OKs courthouse remodeling bid (Jul '09) Jul '09 no remodel 4
News Don't put animal shelter near homes (May '09) May '09 Marisol 1
News Recommended AP Book Scrutinized (Mar '09) Apr '09 Ross 3
More from around the web