Garrett Phillips murder- why hasn't t...

Garrett Phillips murder- why hasn't the mom spoke?

Posted in the St Lawrence County Forum

Cant understand why

Marietta, NY

#1 Jul 6, 2012
I can not understand why Garrett's mother (Tandy) has not been on the news pleading for help. I was at the parade in Norwood with my kids and saw her walking by. She did not even hold a sign that said "Justice for Garrette". I was there and watched her walk by like, it was her job to be there, there was no effort on her part of showing that she even cared, instead of holding a water bottle I would of been up front holding the big banner. If my son or daughter was murdered I would be pleading with the murderer or public to help solve this case, instead its all the other family members doing it for her, it looks like she doesn't care,(I am sure she does, but there has not even been a statement given) it looks weird on her part.
Everyone is Different

Utica, NY

#2 Jul 8, 2012
I think I would encourage you to look into or research grief and you will discover that everyone is different in how they handle and display their grief. Tandy's personality has never been one of confrontation or great display of emotion. She may still be in shock or denial. And truthfully, she may fear for her own life to some degree as the person who killed Garrett did so in an effort to get even with her for breaking it off with him. Some people serve as better spokespeople and I think Garrett's Uncle Brian is doing a great job on Garrett's behalf. No one is doing the job "for her" -- I think they are doing it "for Garrett." Instead of stating this on a Topix forum, perhaps you could offer her a meal, or send her a card of support, or ask how you could help.
IT IS WIERD

New York, NY

#3 Jul 9, 2012
You are correct.
It is wierd that the mom has not spoken. NOT ONCE!
Something is off, and the more time that goes by, the clearer the picture gets.
People are not stupid!
Something is being covered up.
Cant understand why

Marietta, NY

#4 Jul 9, 2012
Everyone is Different wrote:
I think I would encourage you to look into or research grief and you will discover that everyone is different in how they handle and display their grief. Tandy's personality has never been one of confrontation or great display of emotion. She may still be in shock or denial. And truthfully, she may fear for her own life to some degree as the person who killed Garrett did so in an effort to get even with her for breaking it off with him. Some people serve as better spokespeople and I think Garrett's Uncle Brian is doing a great job on Garrett's behalf. No one is doing the job "for her" -- I think they are doing it "for Garrett." Instead of stating this on a Topix forum, perhaps you could offer her a meal, or send her a card of support, or ask how you could help.
First of all I do know what "grief" is, and have went thru it many times! 2nd of all I am not "knocking" Brian or any of the Phillips family or any of the other family members, however, I do find it to be odd and can't understand why she has not even spoken once about this- ITS HER SON!!! Yes, the killer is still out there, but, if she was scared of "the killer who she broke a relationship off with or feared for her life, then maybe there should of been/is a restraining order". No one else speaks from the heart more than a parent who looses a son or daughter... It truly is mind boggling to me! With Garrett's father deceased, she should be "speaking" for both of them, and not being "scared" to do so, after all she is "his" voice- just saying
Afraid of What

New York, NY

#5 Jul 9, 2012
She was not afraid to file a complaint and an order of protection against an ex-boyfriend who is a SHERRIFF.
Why is she scared now?

Again, something is being hidden here...
She may well be afraid... But of what?
Armchair Sleuths

Utica, NY

#6 Jul 9, 2012
Wow. It's summer. Give your armchair judgments and red herring efforts a break, will you? Hillary...you need to go on vacation. Why don't you take your pregnant girlfriend down to the city to see your lawyer (New York, NY) and you can charm everyone downstate into believing you are not the sociopath you really are.
Cant understand why

Marietta, NY

#7 Jul 10, 2012
Afraid of What wrote:
She was not afraid to file a complaint and an order of protection against an ex-boyfriend who is a SHERRIFF.
Why is she scared now?
Again, something is being hidden here...
She may well be afraid... But of what?
During the 4th of July parade in Norwood, if she truly was afraid of John Jones.. why would he be marching with her in the parade for Garrett?---something else to think about
Former Potsdam Resident

United States

#8 Aug 23, 2012
Perhaps she's just not ready to be screaming out for justice. People grieve in different ways for varying amount of times. No one has any idea what she is like in private. My guess is she's a complete mess and just can't get herself together. It could be that in public she feels a need to appear strong. Sometimes the greatest show of strength is the greatest show of weakness. Give her some time and don't be so quick to start supposing about her motives. She lost her child.
retired_lovingit

Syracuse, NY

#9 Sep 17, 2012
Cant understand why wrote:
<quoted text>
During the 4th of July parade in Norwood, if she truly was afraid of John Jones.. why would he be marching with her in the parade for Garrett?---something else to think about
Exactly. She's not afraid of John Jones, because she knows there is nothing to be afraid of. John is an upstanding guy who loved Garrett and would never hurt him or any other child, and Tandy knows it.
Abc123

Seminole, FL

#10 Oct 19, 2014
IT IS WIERD wrote:
You are correct.
It is wierd that the mom has not spoken. NOT ONCE!
Something is off, and the more time that goes by, the clearer the picture gets.
People are not stupid!
Something is being covered up.
Don't even sit here and talk about how my aunt could have a part in her sons death. Ever. You're so damn messed up. Like get out of here with this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St Lawrence County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gouverneur teen indicted in connection to Septe... Jan 13 catch 22 25
News Massena Big Lots to expand into former Family D... Jan 13 Trump is an IDIOT 2
News Former North Country cop rejects 15-year prison... Jan 12 justj 2
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... (May '17) Dec '17 Danny Carranza 31
News St. Lawrence County legislators vote tonight on... Oct '17 nope 1
News July 24, 2017 - NYPA power line project to boos... Aug '17 Alex 2
News Pair from Gouverneur arrested on prison contrab... Aug '17 Commenter One 6
More from around the web