Massena man awaits evaluation to dete...

Massena man awaits evaluation to determine sentence

There are 13 comments on the Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal story from Sep 10, 2013, titled Massena man awaits evaluation to determine sentence. In it, Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal reports that:

A Massena man's fate was left in the hands of a chemical dependency evaluation Monday morning in St. Lawrence County Court after he failed to successfully complete the terms of his interim probation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal.

reality

Massena, NY

#1 Sep 10, 2013
Using this article as an example.....if we keep imprisoning people for violating probation because they own a bong or smoked pot, there will be no room for the real criminals!! Just the other day there was an article lamenting about how overcrowded the jails are. If we stop treating drug addiction as a crime and treat it the way we treat alcoholism, people will not have the opportunity to learn to become criminals in prison simply because they are addicted to a substance.
amen

New York, NY

#2 Sep 10, 2013
reality wrote:
Using this article as an example.....if we keep imprisoning people for violating probation because they own a bong or smoked pot, there will be no room for the real criminals!! Just the other day there was an article lamenting about how overcrowded the jails are. If we stop treating drug addiction as a crime and treat it the way we treat alcoholism, people will not have the opportunity to learn to become criminals in prison simply because they are addicted to a substance.
amen to that. My bf relapses and gets the book thrown at him. Misses out on his children's lives. He made the decision to use and has to face his consequences which he is but the amount of time he has to serve is ridiculous. Local pedophiles get less time.
DWI

Plattsburgh, NY

#3 Sep 10, 2013
reality wrote:
this individual had ample opportunity to receive treatment. At some point accountability is appropriate. He drank alcohol and drove a motor vehicle on at least two occadions. At what point should he be held responsible for this behavior?
check

Massena, NY

#4 Sep 10, 2013
DWI wrote:
<quoted text> this individual had ample opportunity to receive treatment. At some point accountability is appropriate. He drank alcohol and drove a motor vehicle on at least two occadions. At what point should he be held responsible for this behavior?
At every point. But prison is no place for a non-violent offender, unless you want him trained to be one.
Groundhog Day

East Hartford, CT

#5 Sep 10, 2013
Since when is it considered non-violent when you beat up a girl half your size and kick her in the head? He has been given many chances to turn his life around yet he continues to manipulate the system. He is an arrogant self absorbed criminal who takes chances hoping he won't get caught. He doesn't want to change. He has been to multiple inpatient facilities ( on our dime), multiple outpatient clinics ( on our dime), and has begged in front of the Judge more times than should be tolerated.. There comes a time when you have to say enough is enough. It's an example of bad parenting when you threaten consequences but fail to follow through. Children just learn to cry louder and harder and they'll get their way. Another year at treatment will just allow him more time to screw up yet again. He knows what he needs to do . Another round of the same group sessions isn't going to suddenly fix him. He has learned it all yet he chooses not to use it. He doesn't want to. Period.
tims an idiot

United States

#6 Sep 10, 2013
check wrote:
<quoted text>
At every point. But prison is no place for a non-violent offender, unless you want him trained to be one.
are you on drugs? were talking about Tim Wilson here!!! Look into it he's famous for punching/choking and abusing woman you tool. look him up on topics he's in here , He's a waste of air , parents handed him everything in life and held him accountable for nothing ! He's deserves this and much more. I'd like to allow the fathers of the woman he's abised to be given 5 mins alone in a cell with no cameras on this idiot.
He lives in a house that daddy owns works when he feels like it and does coke/crack and anything else he can get up his nose. Let him rot in there and better yet send his ass off to prison and loose the key. we don't need people like tim in this town , we already have enough thank you . do we let him drive around drunk and kill someones kids before he's handed justice!!!! screw him
tims an idiot

United States

#7 Sep 10, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/massena-ny/TI...

heres a fine one , girl dies in tims home !
amen

Oneida, NY

#8 Sep 10, 2013
“Those who serve God must serve Him in His own way, and in His strength, or He will never accept their service. That which man doth, unaided by divine strength, God can never own. The mere fruits of the earth He casteth away; He will only reap that corn, the seed of which was sown from heaven, watered by grace, and ripened by the sun of divine love. God will empty out all that thou hast before He will put His own into thee; He will first clean out thy granaries before He will fill them with the finest of the wheat. The river of God is full of water; but not one drop of it flows from earthly springs. God will have no strength used in His battles but the strength which He Himself imparts. Are you mourning over your own weakness? Take courage, for there must be a consciousness of weakness before the Lord will give thee victory. Your emptiness is but the preparation for your being filled, and your casting down is but the making ready for your lifting up.”– Charles Spurgeon
D.L. Moody once said that “If you partner with God, Make your plans big!” I encourage you today to make God your partner. Whatever your burden is that caused you to search for strength, give it up to him now. Do not let another minute go by without completely surrendering your burdens to Him. God wants to be your strength. Surrender to Him in your weakness and let Him show Himself strong. Remember if God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!
reality

Massena, NY

#9 Sep 10, 2013
tims an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
are you on drugs? were talking about Tim Wilson here!!! Look into it he's famous for punching/choking and abusing woman you tool. look him up on topics he's in here , He's a waste of air , parents handed him everything in life and held him accountable for nothing ! He's deserves this and much more. I'd like to allow the fathers of the woman he's abised to be given 5 mins alone in a cell with no cameras on this idiot.
He lives in a house that daddy owns works when he feels like it and does coke/crack and anything else he can get up his nose. Let him rot in there and better yet send his ass off to prison and loose the key. we don't need people like tim in this town , we already have enough thank you . do we let him drive around drunk and kill someones kids before he's handed justice!!!! screw him
Take a deep breath little man.

As I stated in the OP I was using the article as an example of how the system imprisons people over non-violent parole violations, and wastes prison space. It had nothing to do with the specific individual. READ!
amen

Oneida, NY

#10 Sep 10, 2013
The times we live in are so troubled. People losing their jobs, the stock market falls, natural catastrophes, and uncertainty in what the future holds. In today’s economy there is little to hope for the future however God is never caught off guard or by surprise. God knows the future. You are not the only one that has felt that there is no hope. Even Bible heroes had their times when they wanted to give up. Job, Moses, Jonah, Jeremiah, even the powerful prophet in the Old Testament, Elijah.
Humans have definitions of hope that are different from God’s. We might hope our team wins the Super Bowl, or we might hope we don’t lose our jobs or our house. But the biblical definition of hope is not a hope-so but a know-so. Our hope in God is surer than the sun rising in the morning. Just read these verses of hope and put yourself or your own name in the place of “I” or “we”. Where is hope found? It is in the Bible, the Word of God. Psalm 119:74 “I have put my hope in your word”, in Psalm 119:81 “… I have put my hope in your word”, and in Psalm 130:5 “… in his word (The Bible) I put my hope”.
Here is real hope. When a person reads the Word of God (Bible) they can know for certain that they have a secure and certain future for God will never allow us to suffer beyond our own capabilities to handle it. There is nothing on this earth more certain than hope in God. He will never leave us nor will He ever forsake us. He is our anchor in the present and for the future.
tims an idiot

United States

#11 Sep 10, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a deep breath little man.
As I stated in the OP I was using the article as an example of how the system imprisons people over non-violent parole violations, and wastes prison space. It had nothing to do with the specific individual. READ!
yes I read it and YES it does have to do with this little crackhead. Tim buys /does coke,crack,meth whatever he can get his little rat paws on , this promote ssales of the drugs and in return promotes violence. like the shootings the towns been having, hence if timmy and the like didn't buy drugs we wouldn't have the violence that drugs bring , so again YES he is part of the problem , the fact that he beats woman further installs the "violent" aspect of what your dumbass is talking about. think before you speak, and if you feel the need in this life to save something try a pet at the pound you'd stand a far better chance with that then with a crackhead , woman beater like Timmy Wilson
tims an idiot

United States

#12 Sep 10, 2013
I remember hearing about a time when the little drunk bastard couldn't get his van into drive so he drove the damn thing drunk in REVERSE from a bar all the way home , of course had he killed someone then it would be ok to toss him in jail then , being this would be construed as a violent crime?
amen

Oneida, NY

#13 Sep 10, 2013
.:Matthew 6:9-13 (KJV) After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Jesus Acknowledges God’s Strength in Raising Lazarus
John 11:41-42 So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said,“Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me.”
Jesus Needed Strength; He Petitioned The Father
John 12:27-28 “Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say?‘Father, save me from this hour’? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice came from heaven:“I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.”
Jesus Prays For All Men; the Strength of Selfless Love
John 17 1When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said,”Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, 2since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. 4I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. 5And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.
6 ”I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. 7Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you. 8For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. 9I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours. 10 All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I am glorified in them. 11And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 13But now I am coming to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 19And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth.
20“I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.24Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St Lawrence County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Massena Landlords Association shares concerns a... Feb 20 Hot Dog scottie w... 38
News Hyde Must Prove Hospitalization Or Head To Jail (Oct '11) Feb 16 thinkgood 15
News Madrid woman charged with petit larceny Jan '17 Know it all 2
Scandall at the Massena / Potsdam Wal-Mart Jan '17 Halley_Brancket 1
News North Lawrence woman charged with endangering a... Jan '17 yes 5
News Three Gouverneur residents interested in vacant... Jan '17 Villager 5
News Massena woman jailed on warrant Jan '17 daisy 1
More from around the web