Duve says she plans to set the record...

Duve says she plans to set the record straight

There are 31 comments on the Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal story from Oct 16, 2013, titled Duve says she plans to set the record straight. In it, Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal reports that:

Ms. Duve will be holding a media round-table at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the St. Lawrence County Courthouse to 'correct misinformation' she says is being put out by Mary E. Rain, Republican candidate for district attorney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Duve all the way

Malone, NY

#25 Oct 23, 2013
bibi wrote:
Seems like our New York State Troopers disagree with all you Duve lovers. They're sick and tired of all the plea bargains too...
Do you personally know a lot of State Troopers? Have you talked with them? I know several, personally and the are voting Duve. Please don't make such idiotic statements. Obviously not every Trooper is against Ms. Duve. Frankly, it's sad that some people can vote without knowing any facts.
can them both

Hammond, NY

#26 Oct 23, 2013
Duve all the way wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you personally know a lot of State Troopers? Have you talked with them? I know several, personally and the are voting Duve. Please don't make such idiotic statements. Obviously not every Trooper is against Ms. Duve. Frankly, it's sad that some people can vote without knowing any facts.
The simple fact is that small towns get shit people for the most part. Anyone with solid ability gets out of here and gets the same job elsewhere where they do not have to bend over for the local politics. People get fired so someone's son can take the job with little experience ring any bells? Shit town, shit people running it, shit pay to do it. Good people will always leave and find better money elsewhere.
Duve all the way

Malone, NY

#27 Oct 23, 2013
can them both wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact is that small towns get shit people for the most part. Anyone with solid ability gets out of here and gets the same job elsewhere where they do not have to bend over for the local politics. People get fired so someone's son can take the job with little experience ring any bells? Shit town, shit people running it, shit pay to do it. Good people will always leave and find better money elsewhere.
I strongly disagree. SLC has many great people! One reason people stay here is because they are from here and want to raise a family here. Such nonsense being spewed here. And no, I don't know whose son you're referring to.
AWK

Potsdam, NY

#28 Oct 23, 2013
can them both wrote:
<quoted text>
You are delusional if you think the political environment here is any different than the rest of the country.
John

Potsdam, NY

#29 Oct 23, 2013
Even if rain is elected she will go on administrative leave, collect her tax payer paycheck, and resign because the workload is to much. THEN claim that was never the case disregarding all the news paper articles that quote her exact words.
bibi

Canton, NY

#30 Oct 23, 2013
She just got tired of seeing the same defendants coming back through the door, none of which were getting convicted of their crimes....
john

Potsdam, NY

#31 Oct 23, 2013
bibi wrote:
She just got tired of seeing the same defendants coming back through the door, none of which were getting convicted of their crimes....
Yeah thats why she was stripped of her administrative duties and placed on administrative leave shortly
after. Makes sense
retired_lovingit

Potsdam, NY

#32 Oct 24, 2013
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah thats why she was stripped of her administrative duties and placed on administrative leave shortly
after. Makes sense
Wish Ms. Duve could be stripped of her administrative duties and be placed on leave. THAT would make sense!
inquisitive mind

Hadley, MA

#34 Oct 26, 2013
Retired- what are your qualifications and what direct knowledge do you have regarding Duve and her office. You seem to sure talk about it a lot but I would like to know if your comments are based upon real life encounters or on the rumors put out there by others.
bibi

Canton, NY

#35 Oct 26, 2013
Hey inquisitive: This is Topics! You don't have to know anything. You can state facts or fiction, it just doesn't matter! I wouldn't take any of it too seriously.
I, on the other hand, never talk trash. You can take what I say as the gospel...
retired_lovingit

Potsdam, NY

#36 Oct 26, 2013
inquisitive mind wrote:
Retired- what are your qualifications and what direct knowledge do you have regarding Duve and her office. You seem to sure talk about it a lot but I would like to know if your comments are based upon real life encounters or on the rumors put out there by others.
You mean I need to have qualifications to have an opinion about Ms. Duve's effectiveness as our DA? I read the newspaper every day, I learn about the outcomes of cases in court. I haven't had any real life encounters with her, but I know people who have. Please forgive me if you don't think I have a right to speak here on Topix, but I don't believe what I comment on are rumors just put out there. We're not all as stupid as you may think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St Lawrence County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Financial company buys Newton Falls paper mill Jan 17 tryingtosucceed 1
News Mac's Musings: Massena-area cops make historic ... Jan 9 corruption in mas... 6
News Massena mayor outlines vision for future econom... Jan 9 lol 1
News Canton woman arrested for stealing close to $50... (Jan '12) Jan '16 Smithen 285
News Garrett Phillipsa s mother says complaint she f... (May '15) Dec '15 toby12 29
News Trustees decide not to embark on $1.2 million i... Nov '15 Trust 1
News Massena man tells judge he wona t pay for cost ... Nov '15 Methinks 4
More from around the web