Duve says she plans to set the record straight

Oct 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal

Ms. Duve will be holding a media round-table at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the St. Lawrence County Courthouse to 'correct misinformation' she says is being put out by Mary E. Rain, Republican candidate for district attorney.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Duve hater

Hammond, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Does she intend to show the gross misconduct that has allowed several high profile criminals go free? She is a moron.
retired_lovingit

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

I don't want to resort to name-calling, but Ms. Duve has had her chance. Too many problems and mistakes from that office. Time to give someone new a shot and hope things improve. I am a registered Democrat who will be voting for Ms. Rain in November.
Yes sir

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

I AGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU!
Duve all the way

Canton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

I urge everyone in St. Lawrence County to do a little research on both candidates. Rain is trying to play on our sympathies. She is victimizing victims. Nicole Duve won a conviction during the first Oxley trial. You can't make up evidence and we all know about double jeopardy laws. Some cases don't get solved. Sad but true. Ever heard of cold cases?
Bibi

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

She lives for plea bargains! A violent rape and he gets off with a $250 fine? Goes into the books as a conviction! Ms Rain will charge felons with felonies!
Duve all the way

Canton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Bibi wrote:
She lives for plea bargains! A violent rape and he gets off with a $250 fine? Goes into the books as a conviction! Ms Rain will charge felons with felonies!
I guess we shall see in November. I firmly believe the people will do what is right for the county and re-elect Nicole Duve.
retired_lovingit

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Duve all the way wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we shall see in November. I firmly believe the people will do what is right for the county and re-elect Nicole Duve.
I voted for her once. I won't make that mistake again.
time 4 change

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

You know I have nothing personally against Ms. Duve, and with that said sometimes you have to make change for changes sake to shake up the line-up, and give someone else a chance. I met Ms. rain and she seems quite competent, I have also heard good things about her from others that have dealt with her professionally. My vote is going to Mary Rain this election.
Bibi

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Ms rain just got the ATM robber off. Man walks into a book store robs the ATM. His acomplace testifies against him, and he is still found not guilty. DA's office can't get a conviction?
omg

Natick, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

I would vote for anyone except Duve.
xxx

Ogdensburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Duve is done.
retired_lovingit

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

xxx wrote:
Duve is done.
I hope so! She's done nothing for victims in this county, but she sure has helped criminals with her plea deals!
no rain

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Do people expect the DA's office to take every case to trial instead of offering plea bargains? Sorry but plea bargains are customary for first time offenders. Apparently rain is going to put a stop to plea bargains which means she's going to need a lot more attorneys on the county payroll to accommodate so many trials. Or maybe she will take on the workload all herself. I mean if being a public defender was to "stressful" due to the work laid, then this position is right up her alley. Don't be fooled by her lies.
Duve all the way

Canton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

no rain wrote:
Do people expect the DA's office to take every case to trial instead of offering plea bargains? Sorry but plea bargains are customary for first time offenders. Apparently rain is going to put a stop to plea bargains which means she's going to need a lot more attorneys on the county payroll to accommodate so many trials. Or maybe she will take on the workload all herself. I mean if being a public defender was to "stressful" due to the work laid, then this position is right up her alley. Don't be fooled by her lies.
I agree 100%. People don't realize all the ins and outs. It's unfortunate they aren't willing to educate themselves at all. They don't agree with Ms. Duve because they don't understand what being a DA entails. They are willing to vote for someone who they know nothing about. Unreal.
bibi

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

The ATM case is a good example of the kind of work Duve does. The guy even bragged about giving away the money from the ATM to the poor and still can't get convicted? What a joke! There are no lies here just the facts.
Time for a change..
Caution in your voting

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Ms. Duve has immense integrity and is incredibly bright and capable. The defense of any case always uses the media to its advantage; those in prosecution do no -- that's how it goes. So you won't see/hear any "takes" from the DA's office on the outcome of a case. So the public often forms its opinion based on media accounts (that the defense can control). Ms. Rains does not, in my opinion, exhibit the same level of integrity, character or abilities. I want someone who knows the law, even if the jury doesn't. You will regret voting for Rains in the end. And if she tries someone for the Garrett Phillips case without sound evidence (as she symbolically tries to suggest), someone else will walk and never be tried again. We need to be educated before we cast our vote.
know your facts

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

BIB- Duve didn't try the case. Her ADA did. Get your facts straight. Mary Rain is a loser. Look her up. She has been involved in domestics, forced from the public defenders office because of incompetence, successfully sued twice and using victims families as pawns. This woman is dangerous....VOTE DUVE
perry mason

Canton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Its Still Duve's Office so get your facts straight, if the office loses SHE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR IT !!
Duve all the way

Malone, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

The sheer ignorance in this thread is frightening. Again, I urge all the Rain supporters to educate yourselves before the election. I think you will be surprised at what you find.
bibi

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Seems like our New York State Troopers disagree with all you Duve lovers. They're sick and tired of all the plea bargains too...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••