Nursing home needed more than highway

Nursing home needed more than highway

There are 6 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Feb 21, 2014, titled Nursing home needed more than highway. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

We the people of Gouverneur and St. Lawrence County would like to trade the $2.5 million survey that has been approved for the new Rooftop Highway to save the Kinney Nursing Home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

opinion

Wynne, AR

#1 Feb 21, 2014
it seems to me that all those begging for taxes to support the failing out of date sub par nursing home in Gouverneur are not thinking about the elderly at all. they are thinking of themselves and their unwillingness to drive a few miles to visit mom and dad in a decent modern facility.
opinion

Wynne, AR

#2 Feb 21, 2014
also this has got to be the most selfish and stupid comparision yet.
why would an entire section of the state want to fund a project that benefits the families of a very few for a few years (while in fact being a disservice to those they say they are trying to help) as opposed to something that will benefit a large majority for generations to come?
Einstein

Fayetteville, NY

#3 Feb 22, 2014
Wow, you're right on. We do need to give future generations the fastest highway to get out of the worst state in the nation for business. The existing roads will only circle the drain. Amen brother screw our ancestors what did they ever do for the empire state? Except work their lives here! In my opinion I hope you you use condoms.
opinion

Wynne, AR

#4 Feb 22, 2014
Einstein wrote:
Wow, you're right on. We do need to give future generations the fastest highway to get out of the worst state in the nation for business. The existing roads will only circle the drain. Amen brother screw our ancestors what did they ever do for the empire state? Except work their lives here! In my opinion I hope you you use condoms.
i guess you missed the part where i say its people like you who are doing the elderly a disservice to keep them in a sub par run down horribly staffed facility when in about 25 miles there are modern well run and staffed facilities where their comfort and well being would be better served. all so YOU do not have to take the extra few minutes to go visit.

and make your mind up einstein did they build a cesspool or the empire state?

now take a look around and tell me when you start to notice all of the major industry,shopping,population centers (jobs,jobs,jobs) are located close to a major transportation hub?
Einstein

Fayetteville, NY

#5 Feb 22, 2014
Well some of us grew up without indoor plumbing and brakes and are happy without a transportation hub. I most certainly don't want to be part of your world but you have my vote for pivot man.
dumb

Ithaca, NY

#6 Feb 25, 2014
Einstein wrote:
Well some of us grew up without indoor plumbing and brakes and are happy without a transportation hub. I most certainly don't want to be part of your world but you have my vote for pivot man.
You my friend are why this town Is not growing because the old way of life is dead we have plumbing stoves cars trucks. Wake up the town is dying a you cant see it. We need growth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St Lawrence County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... Aug 5 local yokel 97
News Massena town supervisor wants three individuals... Aug 4 News Watcher 17
News Civil War Reenactment Weekend returns to Massena Jul 29 Fos 1
News July 24, 2017 - NYPA power line project to boos... Jul 25 Hmm 1
News Massena man charged with contempt Jul 24 adk 1
News Massena police chief says fireworks in village ... Jul 23 Jim 4
News Plattsburgh woman charged with false impersonation (Mar '14) Jul '17 The real jailer 4
More from around the web