Cahokia man accused of using butcher ...

Cahokia man accused of using butcher knife in robbery

There are 5 comments on the Belleville News Democrat story from Oct 12, 2012, titled Cahokia man accused of using butcher knife in robbery. In it, Belleville News Democrat reports that:

Suavay Robinson, 24, of the 200 block of St. Christopher in Cahokia, was charged by the St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Belleville News Democrat.

Yay Police

Troy, IL

#1 Oct 12, 2012
CAHOKIA A man accused of wielding a butcher knife during a gas station robbery on Wednesday was charged with armed robbery Friday.

Suavay Robinson, 24, of the 200 block of St. Christopher in Cahokia, was charged by the St. Clair County State's Attorney's office. He will be arraigned later Friday. A judge set bail for Robinson at $500,0000.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2012/10/12/2358059/cahokia...
Yay Police

Troy, IL

#2 Oct 12, 2012
CAHOKIA A man accused of wielding a butcher knife during a gas station robbery on Wednesday was charged with armed robbery Friday.

Suavay Robinson, 24, of the 200 block of St. Christopher in Cahokia, was charged by the St. Clair County State's Attorney's office. He will be arraigned later Friday. A judge set bail for Robinson at $500,0000.

Police Chief James Jones said the suspect went into the BP gas station at 1689 Camp Jackson Road at 9:45 p.m. Wednesday.

"The suspect was able to distract the female clerk who was behind the counter at the store for a moment," Jones said. "He then jumped over the counter and displayed a butcher knife and another knife, threatened the unnamed attendant with the knives while he was demanding her to turn over to him the store's money."

The suspect ran from the store. Officers were able to locate him near the intersection of Dorcas at Kenneth streets, Jones said.

Police recovered both knives and an undisclosed amount of money.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2012/10/12/2358059/cahokia...
what I think

Edwardsville, IL

#3 Oct 12, 2012
The State of Ill needs to pass the right to carry a firearm.
These people working in these stores and resturant's are just trying to make an honest living and should have the right to defend themselves instead of being a victim.
BentOverForKev

Belleville, IL

#4 Oct 13, 2012
You can carry a weapon on your own business property in IL. Few folks are trained enough to use it without injuring innocents in those kinds of situations though. It just breeds more violence. Give up a little money. When we ran businesses down there and elsewhere we kept just enough available to satisfy the creeps and recorded serial numbers and used it as bait money to track them as evidence. Not once did any of our customers or anyone else get hurt. Money isn't worth a shooting. They usually have the element of surprise in their favor and it's hard to top that. You risk later retaliation as well. Get a good description and stay calm. Let the cops deal with them. Prison is a great revenge. My nightmare is to be in the middle of a robbery where someone panics and/or starts pulling out their gun. Never ends well. I had mine handy if push came to shove, but never showed it as the situation made that not a good thing to do during each hold up. My customers were too important to me to risk their safety.
fuel to fire

Collinsville, IL

#6 Oct 13, 2012
I use to believe that Ill could have a CCP but not in St Claire/Madison/Cook county , 1. it would cost to much to get the training because every politician would have to be bought off 2. I seriously doubt any of these slackjaws around here would have enough sense not to think they are at the OK Corral. Illinois already allows a law abiding citizen to have a weapon on his own property and it it every gun owners responsibility to be trained on it's use and misuse .. Illinois needs to enforce the existing gun laws and get these chuckleheads double time if arrested with a firearm..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St Clair County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Attorney in drug trafficking case gets sentenced (May '08) Jul 5 RayDaButtPirate 16
'He had bruises head to toe' (May '06) May '15 billy bob 546
News Two Cahokia women charged with vote fraud viola... (Jan '13) Mar '15 Just Concerned 38
News Smithton village worker accused of meth possession (Jan '15) Jan '15 Respect 2
News Judge reinstates Caseyville fire chief (Nov '14) Dec '14 Bob 3
News Marissa, IL man accused of sexually assaulting ... (Aug '12) Dec '14 gidermis 4
News Belleville landlords could face charges for cri... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Good 7
More from around the web