Mother of dead infant is charged

Mother of dead infant is charged

There are 43 comments on the Belleville News-Democrat story from Mar 5, 2008, titled Mother of dead infant is charged. In it, Belleville News-Democrat reports that:

By Beth Hundsdorfer --

BELLEVILLE-- The mother of a 5-month-old baby who was beaten to death last month was charged with endangering the health of a child after police said she shot up heroin while she, the baby and her toddler sister were in the back seat of a car.

Kayla L. Frazier, 23, of 1001 Belle Valley Drive, Belleville, was charged Friday after police learned that the man charged in the death of the baby, Alayna Frazier, injected the mother with heroin, Belleville Assistant Police Chief Roger Barfield said. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Belleville News-Democrat.

some1 who knows

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Mar 18, 2009
okay first i have to say to the people who dont know the people involved and dont know any recent facts need to shut up because there are things being revealed that were not known about that night i takled to kayla about a month after it happened and she laughed about it so did cole do it i donnt htink so
mother

Waterloo, IL

#23 Mar 18, 2009
oh so they are laughing about a dead baby. thats wonderful. everyone that is sticking up for them really keeps making them look so much better. i'm glad you stick up for people like that. are you the devil?? or are they?

do YOU have children?? dead children?? do you think its funny too?? F*ing idiot
Thomas

Springfield, IL

#24 Mar 20, 2009
LOL is everyone one of their cousins????
YES - another cousin

United States

#25 Mar 20, 2009
Cole has a lot of people that care about him and truly know him as a person and as a father. It doesn't matter what you "outsiders" are saying about him. His "true" family knows the real Cole and soon everyone else will know the truth as well. Some people just need to shut up........ especially if they don't know the whole story or the people involved.
my thoughts

Waterloo, IL

#26 Mar 31, 2009
this story makes me sick
dont worry about it

Ballwin, MO

#27 Feb 22, 2010
you are truly an idiot. I know the facts. Ive read the police reports. Ive seen the mother and cole. He admitted to shaking the baby and hurting her multiple times before that. Cole is a monster and will be killed in prison when people find out he is a baby killer. Dont talk with out knowing the facts. He deserves to be murdered after murdering an innocent child. And it dies later because the mother performed CPR and brought the child back. She later had to be taken off the ventalator just moments after her mother got to see her because she was being questioned until cole finally fessed up to murdering the child and he also admitted to harming her many times before that. you people need to get a grip just becuase you know the piece doesnt mean he isnt capable of suck a haneous crime. I hope he gets his in prison. Which is where he will be for first degree murder!!!
KMA wrote:
<quoted text>
Isnt it amazing how people have no clue what is going on and so quick to judge... I think since they were her kids and if what happened did???? She is the mom and I feel put her kids at risk.... I dont believe Cole's were there do you???? Didnt think so!
I have tried to learn to just let this bs roll off my back...
Disgusted

Yorktown, VA

#28 Jun 7, 2010
Does anyone know how long Cole is in jail for?? I've known Kayla since grade school and I think that her baby dying is enough punishment... I find it unbelievable that people are trying to defend some one that shook a baby to death.
sad

United States

#29 Jun 7, 2010
She was supposed to be my best friend & she was so good at hiding what she was doing. And she never lived with a drug dealer. After she moved out of her apartment she stayed with her grandma. Until recently. She's not doing so good. No one knows how to help her.
Jane

Waterloo, Canada

#30 Jun 23, 2010
A MOTHER wrote:
I WILL CERTAINLY TELL YOU THAT I AM A MOTHER & YES I HAVE SMOKED A JOINT OR TWO IN MY TIME, BUT NEVER AROUND MY CHILD & I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THE MILLIONS OF MOTHERS & FATHERS SHOOTING HEROIN ARE HAVING THEIR PARENTING SKILLS AFFECTED. I HAVE NEVER DONE HEROIN, BUT I DO KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE. THAT SHIT TAKES YOU TO A WHOLE OTHER WORLD THAT CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE A PART OF. IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE YOU ARE PROBABLY ONE OF THOSE MOTHER'S ALSO.
<quoted text>
I agree completely. My mom started by just smoking pot then it led to other drugs all used around me and my 3 siblings. And during this she let her drug addict alcoholic boyfriend beat the crap out of us as she just sat there as if nothing was happening.
Joey

Chicago, IL

#31 Jun 23, 2010
What a waste of a person, she deserves a long sentance in jail its sickening people defend scum like her
Mr Shamrock

Waterloo, IL

#32 Jun 23, 2010
Monica Cochran wrote:
You don't even know what your talking about. Millions of mothers and fathers in the US do drugs everyday and it doesn't affect their parenting skills. Just because she experimented with drugs didnt give that monster the right kill her baby. Tell me honestly, you've never smoked a joint? I guess it's just easier to sit back and judge everyone else. I am a personal friend of Kaylas and she is far from a junkie. She is a single mom who works and goes to school full time. Do you think it would have made any difference? Alayna was MURDERED by someone she trusted and thought was a friend. Hell she knew him for ten years. Don't you think she would have done something to prevent this if she knew it was going to happen? To think anything other than that is just sick. Just so you don't think i'm only sticking up for my friend the guy who did this is my blood cousin. Guess waters thicker than blood this time sister. Kayla is a good person and a good mother. She is going to have to live the rest of her life knowing she made a bad decision. Her doing drugs didn't have anything to do with a grown mans decision to shake a beautiful 5 month old baby until she was dead.Got anything else to say about my friend? Bring it on. I noticed you didn't make any comments about Cole aka Kenneth Zook murdering an innocent. Why is that?
Good parents give up all the partying and drugs once their children are born. I used to drink almost daily but since my boys been born I hardly get out and I only get him every other weekend. Thats just the way it is. So your a p.o.s. and so is that dope fiend and that pu$$y that killed that baby. [email protected] off
proud mother

Bloomsburg, PA

#33 Jun 23, 2010
If any one thinks doing drugs around your child is ok needs to take some parenting 101 cuz anyone knows its bad news. A child should be able to trust that if no one else its mother will be able to protect it and decide what ppl are good enuf to be around her child. A junkie?! Not on that list. This and stories like this make me sick to think that mothers put drugs, drinking and boyfriends before thier kids. Thank God that now the poor baby is in heaven and will never have to suffer again.
grace

Ramsey, IL

#34 Jul 7, 2010
if hes innocent why is he still there?
Tommy P

Saint Louis, MO

#35 Nov 25, 2010
COUSIN CHRIS ARMSTRONG wrote:
DARNELL,YOU'RE A BITCH AND ONLY PROVE HOW STUPID PEOPLE CAN BE!!! WHEN THEY ARE A LOSER AND HAVE NO LIFE OR PRIDE. COLE IS INNOCENT ON EVERYTHING YOU PEOPLE ARE ACCUSING HIM OF!!!!!!! SO DARNELL LOOK FOR SOME ATTENTION SOME PLACE ELSE BITCH!!!
I knew cole for many years one of my greatest friends ppl are so ignorant for commenting on things they don't know what happened. The truth will come out and he will hopefully walk and talk with his mother once again my heart goes out to his family, friends and cousins. I know the real cole just as they do. What ever is done in the dark will soon come to light. keep ur heads up there will be brighter days my heart goes out to those. THOMAS PFALZGRAF....
Friend to Cole

Clinton, IA

#37 Jun 20, 2011
The fractures were from a prior date then the night that COLE not the p.o.s mother called the police. People need to get their facts and stories staight before they come on here just posting whatever they want. Cole will get out of this becasue he IS INNOCENT!!! He has kids of his own and was always around other kids that werent his. If he got out today I would not hesitate to let him around my kid. Its the people on here talking shit about someone they dont know and sticking up for the druggie mother that need help. When the court date comes on the 29th everyone will see that Cole is innocent and that Kayla is going to rot in jail!!!
Friend to Cole

Clinton, IA

#38 Jun 20, 2011
Disgusted wrote:
Does anyone know how long Cole is in jail for?? I've known Kayla since grade school and I think that her baby dying is enough punishment... I find it unbelievable that people are trying to defend some one that shook a baby to death.
Well then stop defending the worthless mother because the baby had LONG TERM fractures!!!

“Be Reasonable”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#39 Jun 21, 2011
The link to the story is dead. Was Cole not in the long-term picture with the baby? And this Cole person, was he shooting-up too?

Btw, there is no such thing a "good parent" who just happens to abuses drugs. Only a person with children who uses drugs and their misguided defenders whould dream of saying so.
Billy Millas

United States

#40 Feb 1, 2012
Some thing some of you dumb ass people saying that kayla is a good mom. What about her droppimg that baby on her head that same day out sider her appartment on the concrete. That was never said, and yes that dumb b**ch was also f***ing a little kid that was like 13 or 14. Oh yea, and for those who do know her that means u proably know the baby's dad, y don't u just ask him about kayla he can tell u every thing u need to know bout that H*... And for Cole, I was in the county and the same cell as him for like 9 months. Read all his paper work, doctor reports and the statements took from Cole and Kayla. Now I can say that Cole never said nothing about shaking the baby, or hurting her in ne way that would take her life. He try getting the mother (kayla) to go n there with the baby to check on her cuz she was breathing weird and she wouldn't even get up to c what was going on with her baby girl. So yes Cole call the cops. Now y would he call the cops if he did ne thing to hurt that baby??? And yes t his is a very horrible thing that happen. And yes if Cole got out today I would let him around my nieces and nephews just like we use to back in the day. So like some one said earlier, get ur facts or story straight b4 u say ne thing about my brother Kenneth Cole Zook...
just wondering

Saint Peters, MO

#41 Jun 8, 2012
what apartment number did this happen in???
melanieodonnell

Saint Louis, MO

#42 Aug 31, 2012
Kenneth Zook is a monster. I was on the trail, and the fact that he walked out of it because he used herion as an excuse breaks my heart. Anybody that could cause the damage this guy did to an infant deserves 10 minutes in a locked room with the father who will never get to hold his daughter again. Oh and the murdering bastard has kids if his own. But heroin made him do it, so he isn't responsible in certain people's eyes. What if it had been their child? Do you think they would have been so understanding?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St Clair County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man shoots self after hostage-taking, standoff,... (Sep '09) Apr '16 April 13
Do you have Liberty Mutual as your Homeowners? Apr '16 brittany 1
jan fiss Feb '16 disgusted 1
News Belleville faces several charges after domestic... (Jul '14) Feb '16 leslie 3
New business in cahokia (Dec '15) Dec '15 Nosey1 1
Steven Rewis missing runaway (Oct '15) Oct '15 His mom 1
News Attorney in drug trafficking case gets sentenced (May '08) Aug '15 Say yes to dope 17
More from around the web