Kevin Newland Charged with Murder of ...

Kevin Newland Charged with Murder of Jamie Lynn Drake

There are 59 comments on the Scared Monkeys Missing Persons Site story from Jul 16, 2006, titled Kevin Newland Charged with Murder of Jamie Lynn Drake. In it, Scared Monkeys Missing Persons Site reports that:

Kevin Newland was charged with the murder of 19-year-old Jamie Lynn Drake. The alleged motive was robbery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scared Monkeys Missing Persons Site.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Nicole Drake

Spokane, WA

#43 Aug 4, 2010
I AM jAMIE'S OLDER SISTER. I MISS HER SOOOOO MUCH!! EVERY SINGLE DAY THAT GOES BY I THINK OF HER AT LEAST ONE HUNDRED TIMES A DAY. SHE WAS MY LITTLE SIS, BEST FRIEND, AND WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GROW OLD TOGETHER; HAVE FAMILY GATHERINGS; WATCH EACH OTHER GET MARRIED AND HAVE KIDS. WE ALWAYS PLANNED THAT SINCE WE WERE LITTLE GIRLS. MY SISTERS AND I WANTED TO BE CLOSE; ALL THREE OF US. BUT EVERY THING IS DIFFERENT NOW. RACHAEL AND I BARELY TALK AND JAMIES GONE. FOREVER!!!!!!!!!! IT HAS BEEN FOUR YEARS,AND IM STILL TRYING TO FILL THIS EMPTY VOID IN MY HEART. BUT I THINK IT WILL NEVER BE FILLED; UNTIL I DIE AS WELL. SOMETIMES I WISH I COULD JUST SEE HER ONE MORE TIME; HUG HER AND LET HER KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE HER. THIS PAIN IS UNBEARABLE SOMETIMES. SEE IT IS 2010 AND I AM JUST NOW POSTING A COMMENT. I JUST WANT TO SAY ONE THING TO EVERYONE, IF ANYONE IS LISTENING, JAMIE LYNN DRAKE WOULD NEVER WANT ANY ONE OF US TO HAVE HATE IN OUR HEARTS. SHE WOULD FORGIVE KEVIN AND WOULD WANT EVERYONE TO. KEVIN HAS CAUSED ENOUGH PAIN. DO NOT LET HIM SPREAD HIS HATE INTO OUR HEARTS!! IF THERE IS ONE THING JAMIE STANDS FOR IT'S LOVE AND LOVE DOES NOT HATE. I KNOW IT IS HARD TO FORGIVE BUT AT LEAST LET GO OF THE HATE. FOR HER-MY BEAUTIFUL SISTER. MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL. I LOVE YOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER SIS. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU JAMES:)!!!!!! LOVE, NIKKI
Nicole Drake

Spokane, WA

#44 Aug 4, 2010
I LOVE YOU MOM AND RACH. WE WILL ALL BE OK. THIS LIFE IS SHORT. WE WILL ALL BE TOGETHER SOON AND THE PAIN WILL END. I AM ALSO PRAYING FOR ALL OF THE OTHER FRIENDS AND FAMILY THAT WERE SHATTERED BY THIS LOSS..... AND TO PEOPLE WHO KNEW KEVIN, I THINK I CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR LOSS AS WELL. I HAVE A SON AND IF HE EVER COMMITTED SUCH A HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING ACT OF EVIL I WOULD STILL LOVE HIM. HOWEVER, WHAT HE DID WAS UNTHINKABLE AND I WILL NEVER FEEL SORRY FOR HIM. KEVIN SHOULD CONSIDER HIMSELF LUCKY AND SO SHOULD HIS FAMILY. THEY CAN STILL TALK TO THEIR SON, VISIT HIM. KEVIN CAN STILL MAKE A LIFE. MAYBE IT'S IN PRISON. BUT HE IS CLOTHED, FED, AND HAS A ROOF OVER HIS HEAD AND CAN STILL TALK TO HIS FAMILY. JAMIE CANNOT. NONE OF US EVEN GOT THE CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYE OR "I LOVE YOU" KEVIN AND HIS FAMILY CAN STILL SAY THAT TO EACH OTHER. DONT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED. PEACE
Nicole Drake

Spokane, WA

#45 Aug 4, 2010
rest in peace jamie. i know u r in a better place
truly

New York, NY

#46 Dec 3, 2010
my name is katherine im 19 also. i think this made a lot of people relize that could be there child. i myself was on the internet and dated guys and was in abusive realtionships. i never thought to myself wow could that be me. for her she looked like a amizing young lady that never found life and now she is watching over all of us. i think that all of the parents and children need to take her story the family loss and think of it as" would my child Do that" FOR ME IT IS THAT. i wish the family that was in her life the deepist of my condulence. i hope that people would make more sence and relized that. this could be your kid next

katherine weisbrod age 19
Hmcdanel

Spokane, WA

#47 Jan 15, 2011
JAMIE LYNN DRAKE WAS A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG GIRL WHO BROUGHT HAPPINESS TO EVERYONE I ONLY MET HER A COUPLE OF TIMES GOING TO HER MOTHERS HOUSE BUT THE TIMES I MET HER SHE WAS ALWAYS JOYFULL AND BROUGHT HAPPINESS TO EVERYONE AROUND. NO MATTER WHAT EXCUSES ANYONE THINKS THEY HAVE FOR KEVIN SHE DID NOT DESERVE THIS. HE DESERVES TO STAY IN PRISON FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE AND SUFFER FOR WHAT HE DID!! YOUR MOTHER USING DRUGS AND YOUR CHILDHOOD ARRE DEF NOT AN EXCUSE MY MOTHER USED DRUGS AND MY FAMILY WENT THROUGH HARD TIMES. ALTHOUGH I BARELY KNEW JAMIE MY BROTHER WAS MARRIED TO HER SISTER AND I FELT THE PAIN ITS TERRIBLE AND HORRIFYING TO WATCH YOUR FAMILY GO THROUGH SOMETHING LIKE THIS.. ITS NOT FAIR FOR ANYTHING LIKE THIS TO HAPPEN TO ANYONE! WE LOVE YOU YOUR IN OUR HEARTS EVERYDAY! <3 HM
Jay

Redmond, WA

#48 Jun 29, 2011
According to the news today. Kevin was shot and killed today as he tried to escape. He will no longer walk free in this world.
The other Sue

Spokane, WA

#49 Jun 29, 2011
Yah hooooo, carma is a bitch. Kevin may you rot in hell. We think of Jamie every day, She was a part of our daily lives. May she now really rest in peace.
anton

Colorado Springs, CO

#50 Jun 29, 2011
good riddance, if only this could be the fate of all selfish sociopaths
yamon

Northville, NY

#51 Jun 29, 2011
Payback is a bitcccccchhhhhhh eh Kevin? time to seed the man in red
Grim reaper

Belfair, WA

#52 Jun 29, 2011
He is DEAD!!
Ron Austin

Duarte, CA

#54 Jun 30, 2011
See, it all worked itself out in the end.
kayla

United States

#55 Jun 30, 2011
anyone that was standing up for kevin, i`m sure was standing up for the old kevin, or.. the fake one that we all thought we knew. yes i did think of kevin as a brother when i was little. but that doesn`t mean i feel bad for him. we didn`t know him like we thought we did. it`s scary to think that that could have been any of us. my heart goes out to anyone that had this great loss. it`s still hard for me to except that he`s the one that did this.. but he did. so for that, he`s where he deserves to be right now; in hell..
kayla

United States

#56 Jun 30, 2011
that had *to deal with* this great loss, is what i meant
Rmontgomery

United States

#57 Jun 30, 2011
Now the family of the victim can have closure. Kevin's mom can suffer more from his death as retribution for her making him into what he was. And Kevin himself has lost his life in exchange for the life he took. Everyone's karma has now been restored.
CjA

United States

#58 Jun 30, 2011
Looks like he got what he deserved! 6/29/2011
Amanda

Spokane, WA

#59 Jul 11, 2011
I feel for Jamie Lynn Drake's family and loved ones. My deepest condolences go out to you all. I knew Kevin a while back and am still in shock to this day from what he chose to do. We put our trust in the judicial system to allow justification for situations like this. Wether it is fair or not, he deserves to spend a long time locked up, paying the penalty for such a choice. My heart goes out to his family and friends as well. They too lost someone that they deeply care about.
Amanda

Spokane, WA

#60 Jul 11, 2011
"Now the family of the victim can have closure. Kevin's mom can suffer more from his death as retribution for her making him into what he was. And Kevin himself has lost his life in exchange for the life he took. Everyone's karma has now been restored."

- Children are always going to be a result of their childhood, how they were raised, and what they were around, but nobody, not even a no-good mother, has the power to make anyone make a decision like that. The decision was up to Kevin, and him only regardless of his past and his childhood. I had it rough growing up and was around abusive people and drugs, but that didn't make me murder someone. The only person that should be blamed in this situation is Kevin and Kevin alone. It is sad to see that it's not enough for Kevin to be shot trying to escape, now the blame has to be put on someone else... wow
Anonymous

San Leandro, CA

#61 Nov 28, 2012
THIS MESSAGE IS TO JAMIE LYNN'S MOM, FRIENDS & FAMILY: I was browsing a person who hurt one of my family members by the name of DARRIN MAIDEN (look this scumbag up and see what he did if u wish) and found out he was moved to another Washington prison which is Clallam Bay and that's when I stumbled across the story if the Tacoma Mall shooter (which I remember that incident) and another man by the name of Kevin Newland who tried to escape but Kevin ended up being fatally shot by a guard (yay!!) The article then revealed what Newland was serving a mere 45 years for and that's when I decide to read about what he did and I discovered he murdered your beloved Jamie Lynn Drake. I was sickened by his evil actions and looking at her beautiful pics of her & even seeing one of her gravesite made me begin to cry. My heart is with you and your family and you get my deepest condolences. That creep Newland is done now and u ain't gotta worry about him getting out in 45 years (because as u know, he is dead like he should be) and if you ask me, 45 years was doable for him because he was in his 20's and he'd be in his 60's when/if released. I didnt know neither person but I was deeply touched & saddened and really heart broken when I heard about your daughter's murder. I hope now he's rotting in a box, you, your family & your daughter's friends can now be at some sort of peace. Our justice system needs work. R.I.P. Jamie Lynn Drake. You will be missed sweetie..
melisa white

Seattle, WA

#62 Jul 16, 2013
I knew Jamie from work she was so amazing she always crosses my mind every day still since her death. always singing and joking and being silly iv got to speak with her on the phone a few times and she made me feel so good when I saw her or hugged me and screamed my name when she saw me she hated working wear we worked..i remember till this day and I attended her service it was nice...I know kevin passed away in jail I didn't know him but he did take away some one on this earth that didn't need to leave but things happen for a reason she is a angel looking down on us I do think about her a lot im lucky I got to know her in the time I did though few weeks when she went missing was hard every was on edge and for him I think jamies mom is right to say how she feels and is a strong person I got to meet her at the candle light group and its been all these years I still remember meeting Jamie I post abt her on her bday and death I pray for her family still till this day i miss her im not sure if she was still here id probly keep in touch with her or have her on facebook or some thing i was a lil older then her but she was well liked and funny and very nice to me ...i always have her cross my mind a lot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spokane County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spokane Police investigate vandalism of GOP hea... Jan '17 VeganTiger 1
Spokane County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Re... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Harper 2
News 'Unknown irritant' sickens servicemembers at Fa... (Aug '16) Aug '16 vvvwvvv 1
News NJ Police: Man who knocked out woman in Faceboo... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Michelle Murphy 1
News Sheriff: Extremists are breeding danger - Tue, ... (Jun '15) Oct '15 jomama 2
News Blu-ray player, sex, and drugs blamed for deadl... (Oct '13) Sep '15 HillyardBratt 2
News Jail spots sheets hanging from cell, foiling es... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Spotted Girl 3
More from around the web