Kevin Newland Charged with Murder of ...

Kevin Newland Charged with Murder of Jamie Lynn Drake

There are 59 comments on the Scared Monkeys Missing Persons Site story from Jul 16, 2006, titled Kevin Newland Charged with Murder of Jamie Lynn Drake. In it, Scared Monkeys Missing Persons Site reports that:

Kevin Newland was charged with the murder of 19-year-old Jamie Lynn Drake. The alleged motive was robbery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scared Monkeys Missing Persons Site.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jessica

Spokane, WA

#1 Jul 17, 2006
Murder is murder. he deserves Life. it shouldnt matter that his intend was to steel her car. he sufocated her. that was what he planned on doing. he better get raped every day in prison. that is what he deserves!
Ashley

United States

#2 Dec 2, 2006
Jamie was a dear friend of mine and I miss her dearly, but revenge and brutality will not bring her back. I think he deserves no less than 30 years for his disgusting act of violence to such a sweet and caring young woman.
susan nichols

Spokane, WA

#3 Jan 6, 2007
i am jamie lynn drakes mom and i fogive kevin newland of this terrible crime against my daughter yet i think he should spend the rest of his life behind bars. and what ever happens in prison will happen. i think the american people should write to their state and the laws should be stricter nad people should pay dearly fot the crimes they commit. the criminal has choices whethter to kill or not. and when they make the choice to kill an innocent person the criminal needs to pay, there should be no slap on the wrist. and they should not be able to post bond.. kevin newland u need to pay for the rest of your life on death row and look every day at your hands, 24 /7 that killed jamie lynn. so long kevin with no conscious or remorse. u should die just like saddam, by hanging.
Kate

United States

#4 Jan 25, 2007
I am a friend of Kevins and I know that what he was wrong. Personaly i dont believe he will ever get out or in that fact he should never get out. But if this was one of your close friends how would you feel. I have had many downs since he was charged with the crime and most because we were so close. I feel for everyone that has lost Jamie i really do. But i also lost one of my best friends. He was a truly good friend. I miss him so much and i hope that he is doing fine.
zero

Spokane, WA

#5 Jan 30, 2007
i went to school with her.. she did not deserve to pass on so young. she was a beautiful girl and that just makes this heinous offense that much more unforgiveable. if he was a real man or deeply regretted what he has done he would have taken his own life as well.
Jeremy

Yakima, WA

#6 Feb 20, 2007
I grew up in Colville, Wa. I've know Kevin for years, since he was about 3 years old. He was like family. He grew up being buddies with my younger brothers. He always reminded me of Maculey Culkin from Home Alone, then he grew up. He always seemed a bit shy. He has spent many nights with my brothers and family. He and his father were practically family. To this day, I still cannot beilieve that he was the person who did this terrible crime. He never seemed like a fighter or a mean person, ofcourse, you can never fully know a person. He seemed very genuine. He had some issues as a young man but most young men do. We learn from our mistakes but this is a lifelong mistake. No coming back from this. He does deserve life in prison. No exceptions! After he did this terrible crime, he drove the stolen vehicle to Colville and hung out with my family like nothing had happened. He put them in a situation that was uncalled for. He did not show any sort of remorce while he was there or that anything was wrong. I did not know Jaime but I do know she did not deserve this punishment over a vehicle (supposedly). Im sorry to those he hurt. He hurt my family as well. We all loved him like he was our own. I still can't fatham this. I do not wish him harm but he should never be out of prison. He will get all that charma back on him in ten full. What goes around comes around!
Erin

Tacoma, WA

#7 Mar 7, 2007
I also have known Kevin since he was just a little boy. Him and his dad are my family. We love them dearly. It is hard to beleive such a sweet little boy could grow up and be a murderer. He is the one that taught me how to ride a horse and we used to go on long rides for hours and hours. It breaks my heart that he would ruin his life by commiting such a terrible crime. I am so sad for Jamie's family. She was such a beautiful young woman with endless possibilites ahead of her. I am so sorry to all of you. I hope you all understand that you are not the only ones hurting. Kevin's dad died along with Jamie. His spirit is gone. His heart is broken and he will never be the same. Kevin was his only child. I wish you all could have know what a wonderful person he used to be.
Brandon K

Macclesfield, NC

#8 Aug 16, 2007
I didn't know either Kevin or Jamie, i ran across this article by searching for mustang parts and info. This deeply touched me. How a young man could hurt such a beautiful girl like her... This is one of the saddest stories I've ever heard, and I'm sorry for calling it a story because most of you lived this horrific time. My prayers go out to all of you and yes even Kevin. But i would like to be there when he stands to answer this at his Masters feet! I know no one is perfect and we all do things that we know aren't right, but people no matter how hard life is, is one's life really worth a mustang and some cash?? Think about it, if he would have done this and just got her money and the car, we could have forgave him and probably let it go! I know i would have gave him all my cash and my car to protect this innocent life...
Stacey Newell Spokane WA

Spokane, WA

#9 Aug 18, 2007
I knew Kevin from school, I never expected this, but who does. I just wanted to say sorry to the family that has to deal with the pain and loss everyday! My heart goes out to you!!!
Diane

Plainfield, IN

#10 Sep 7, 2007
Well Kate, Lets just hope that if he gets out, you do not have a car he likes..
christina

Spokane, WA

#11 Sep 15, 2007
jamie was one of the most amazing people that ive ever met..she had the biggest heart and never had a bad thing to say about anything or anyone...fortunately im one of the people who actually had the opportunity to know her...i miss her so so much and i wish that she was here
i can remember the last time i saw her...she had the biggest smile on her face..it was a smile that could brighten anyones day...i didnt know her for very long but she definitely made an impact in my life...
i would never wish losing the sunshine in someones life on my worst enemy if that makes sense...we need more people in this world like jamie...i miss her all the time and think of her often with many tears also comes many smiles...
we miss you jamie and we love you so much...xo
lacy

Tacoma, WA

#12 Mar 14, 2008
Jessica wrote:
Murder is murder. he deserves Life. it shouldnt matter that his intend was to steel her car. he sufocated her. that was what he planned on doing. he better get raped every day in prison. that is what he deserves!
Ya merder is merder but kevin is really nice i have nown him since i was a baby my dad and his dad are almost best friend we always went down there and he has never tried or said anything bad. he is a good guy.
lacy

Tacoma, WA

#13 Mar 14, 2008
Diane wrote:
Well Kate, Lets just hope that if he gets out, you do not have a car he likes..
That is really rude to say i grew up with him and he was the one who taught me how to ride horses and he was the one who if i was down he was always there for me.
MAMA BEAR LAURIE

Puyallup, WA

#14 Jun 6, 2008
MY BEST FRIEND IS JAMIE LYNNS MOM....AND SOME OF U PEOPLE ARE REALLY PISSIN ME... I SEE THE PAIN AND LONGING IN HER EYES..THE HAUNTING MEMORY OF HER DAUGHTER AND HER DAUGHTERS LAST MOMENTS ON THIS EARTH...THE PAIN IN HER OTHER DAUGHTERS EYES AND HEARTS...HOW SHE HAS TO EXPLAIN TO JAMIES LITTLE NIECE AND NEPHEW THAT JAMIE IS IN HEAVEN NOW AND HOW THEY LOOK AT AND HOLD HER PICTURE....U PEOPLE NEED TO REMEMBER ONE DAMN THING AND THAT IS KEVIN NEWLAND HAD A FRICKIN CHOICE......HIS CHOICE WAS TO KILL WITH OUT ANY REMORSE JAMIE LYNN DRAKE.....IT WAS NOT JAMIE LYNN DRAKES CHOICE...GET IT ...I WAS IN THE COURT ROOM AND SAW HIM SNICKER AND SMIRK AT JAMIE LYNNS MAMA ... MAYBE SOME OF U ARE YOUNG ENOUGH YOU DONT HAVE CHILDREN JUST THINK IF IT WAS YOUR DAUGHTER....IT WAS ABOUT THE CAR AND THE MONEY ... HE COULD HAVE DUCT TAPED HER STOLE THE CAR AND MONEY....JAMIE WOULD STILL BE HERE...THIS IS SUCH THE GOOD GUY MENTIONED ABOVE ....WELL GUESS WHAT U BETTER WATCH WHAT KIND OF A CAR U DRIVE , WHERE UR DEBIT CARD IS AND OH DONT KEEP GROCERIE BAGS IN YOUR HOUSE ..WHEN AND IF HE EVER GETS OUT BECAUSE HE MAY JUST TAKE ALL OF YOURS AND SUFFOCATE U WITH PLASTIC BAGS AROUND YOUR HEAD...DO U KNOW THE DETAILS OF THIS TRIAL .... ALL OF THEM...HE HAD NO REMORSE...NONE NOTTA NOTHING ACTUALLY IN OBSERVATION HE SEEM TO THINK IT WAS ALL A JOKE..I SAW HIM IN THE COURT ROOM..IAM NEAR THIS FAMILY EVERY DAY ....EVERY DAY.. THIER PAIN EVERY DAY....EVERY DAY..BE HIS FRIEND STAND BY HIM THATS UR CHOICE....MURDERING JAMIE LYNN WAS HIS CHOICE...JAMIE LYNNS CHOICE WAS TO LIVE...EXCUSING WHAT HE DID..IS FRICKIN OBSERD.. COME ON HOW WOULD U FEEL IF IT WAS YOUR LOVED ONE..I DONT GIVE A DAMN IF HE DIDNT EVER SAY ANY THING BAD .......THE SENTENCE THAT WAS HANDED DOWN WAS NOT EVEN FAIR.......SO HERE IS TO U KEVIN NEWLAND U MAY NOT HAVE GOTTEN DEATH OR LIFE BUT I HOPE U ENJOY UR NEW CONDO FOR THE NEXT 45 YEARS AND WITH OUT A TUBE OF LUBE MAY U GET WHAT U DESERVE EVERY DAY AND SOMEDAY U WILL HAVE TO MEET THE BIG JURY ON THE OTHERSIDE ....TO JAMIE LYNNS FAMILY I LOVE U ...TO JAMIE LYNNS MOM I WILL ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACK BABY AND U CAN FRICKIN COUNT ON IT ....MAMA BEAR
Sick about it

Medford, OR

#15 Jun 7, 2008
My brother was in Jail with Kevin Newland and he truly is a bad apple,my bro felt bad for the kid cause he was so young and blamed meth and looking at a long time in Prison...until Kevin tried to escape from Spokane Jail(trying to get others in trouble) and my bro seeing what kind a evil kid he really is changed his mind about feeling bad for the kid. From the comments I've read here, sound's like there is 2 sides of Kevin.
MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY GOES OUT TO THOSE WHO LOVE JAMIE!!!
MAMA BEAR LAURIE

Puyallup, WA

#16 Jun 7, 2008
addendeum to my blog 6.6.8 you want to talk about "rude" u people who are making statements and excuses out there for kevin newland ..wear where u during the trial..........not there to support him....no one from kevins side friend or family reached out to jamie lynn drakes family... no one expressed thier sympathy...shock or outrage...the only thing the family got was from kevin him self at the trial that was smirk snicker and snear...he did not speak nor did he offer any sort of remorse for his action..but some of u can get on line and be brave that way....come on ur gettin on the horse backwards..i have always raised my kids that i will stand up for u if u are right and stand by u if u are wrong while u are makin it right...if i was on the other side of the fence i would be beat feetin it to jamies family to express my sorrow and concern....nothing can bring jamie back ....her mom sisters family and friends can never hold her again...not until its thier time to pass to the otherside...
MAMA BEAR LAURIE

Puyallup, WA

#17 Jun 7, 2008
ohh and one more thing ...the statement that kevin newlands dad died along with jamie above...how cold hearted to say that..how cold hearted out of respect for jamie and her family and the dad of kevin that u so loved.....jamie was murdered get it knocked down murdered suffocated get it with safeway grocerie bags tied over her head ...thrown on the floor board of her own car and dumped like garbage under a cabin floor.. if his dad died of a broken heart ....i so get that ....i wish his dad could have spoken to someone who loved and lost jamie.....i guess kevin newland has two deaths on his hands....mama bear is still roaring ....i see and hear the pain every frickin day
MAMA BEAR LAURIE

Puyallup, WA

#18 Jun 7, 2008
clarification by roaring i dont mean laughing i mean as in pisssssed offf ove the non compassion of the human race
Miss S

United States

#19 Jun 8, 2008
Anyone who sticks up for a murderer or tries to make excusses for what has been done might have well as been an accompliss!! People change and if you think someone who has a cold heart and no soul to murder someone is a nice person I hope to never come across your path of evil!! My heart goes out to Jamies family and friends still all the pain and sorrow god is with Jamie smiling down.. Too Kevin may you rott in hell!!!
Miss S

United States

#20 Jun 8, 2008
lacy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya merder is merder but kevin is really nice i have nown him since i was a baby my dad and his dad are almost best friend we always went down there and he has never tried or said anything bad. he is a good guy.
R u kidding me? You are pathetic!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spokane County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Unknown irritant' sickens servicemembers at Fa... Aug '16 vvvwvvv 1
News NJ Police: Man who knocked out woman in Faceboo... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Michelle Murphy 1
News Sheriff: Extremists are breeding danger - Tue, ... (Jun '15) Oct '15 jomama 2
News Blu-ray player, sex, and drugs blamed for deadl... (Oct '13) Sep '15 HillyardBratt 2
News Jail spots sheets hanging from cell, foiling es... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Spotted Girl 3
News Little Spokane Fire update: Increase in contain... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Gre 1
News Bail at $3M for 2nd teen in veteran beating case (Aug '13) Jun '15 j brown 2
More from around the web