Man fatally shot by police in Spokane

Man fatally shot by police in Spokane

There are 4 comments on the KOMO-TV Seattle story from Jul 11, 2009, titled Man fatally shot by police in Spokane. In it, KOMO-TV Seattle reports that:

Police fatally shot a 23-year-old man Friday after a woman was beaten with a skateboard and a pit bull that came to her aid was stabbed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOMO-TV Seattle.

Chris

Spokane, WA

#1 Jul 11, 2009
This is an outrage, im not saying that what Mr. Poss had done was not wrong on every level, but does that give the police an excuse to execute an incompacitated man laying on the ground that had already been shot. I hope those officers go to jail and the city educates their law enforcement on how to disable, not EXECUTE!
Kate

Federal Way, WA

#2 Jul 14, 2009
Nevermind this nutbar, he is a cop hater anyway.
Community

Spokane, WA

#3 Jul 15, 2009
I also heard the man was down and the cops kept firing. I would like more info on how many cops shot him and how many times. Given the reputation of our police I think it would behoove them to use a little restraint in their use of force.
Dave V

Oceanside, CA

#4 Jul 24, 2009
Sure glad I moved from Spokane, sounds like the police there are looking for any opportunity to kill someone and then have target practice on him. Must have been some young blood thirsty rookies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spokane County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Copies of incendiary 'Fire and Fury' Trump expo... Jan '18 WolfAGoGo 3
News Jason Mann found guilty in officer-involved sho... (Aug '08) Jan '18 Undisclosed 13
News Stevens County man faces manslaughter charge (Apr '08) Oct '17 Dede 2
News Spokane Police investigate vandalism of GOP hea... (Jan '17) Jan '17 VeganTiger 1
Spokane County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Re... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Harper 2
News 'Unknown irritant' sickens servicemembers at Fa... (Aug '16) Aug '16 vvvwvvv 1
News NJ Police: Man who knocked out woman in Faceboo... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Michelle Murphy 1