Bidders spent $8 million to acquire S...

Bidders spent $8 million to acquire Spokane Raceway Park at an auction in April 2008.

There are 4 comments on the KHQ-TV Spokane story from Jun 19, 2008, titled Bidders spent $8 million to acquire Spokane Raceway Park at an auction in April 2008.. In it, KHQ-TV Spokane reports that:

Spokane County's purchase of Spokane Raceway Park was postponed indefinitely Thursday after a judge who was to approve the sale decided he would not rule on the matter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KHQ-TV Spokane.

ALLEN SKIMMING

Spokane, WA

#1 Jun 23, 2008
My feelings are that we as the taxpayers did not have any say in this and that the question is why would any taxpayer want to spend their money on a drag strip when we need roads work done and to generate a replacement tax base from the Valley City incorperation. Now this land will not be taxed at all, if someone else had bought it, the County would received tases on it. It does not mak any of the people that I have spoke with happy.
Camron

Gillette, WY

#2 Jun 30, 2008
More than likely if this track was purchased by anybody other than Spokane County it would have ended up being a parking lot or gravel pit. This purchase is going to mean more for spokane than keeping a revenue generating business, it was a purchase of land for pennies on the dollar to develop a police training facility and a sports complex for the spokane area that would have cost much more otherwise. This will keep kids from racing on the streets on friday nights and will provide needed tourism dollars to spokane. People that aren't involved in the sport just don't get the concept of the revenue that this sport can generate for the area.

And It seems to me that you must be talking to the wrong people. Every body I talk to is very happy that the track will remain open.

Open your minds people. This overall will be good for the county and economy.
mike

Kennewick, WA

#3 Aug 13, 2008
we traveled to spokane raceway quite regularly from tri-cities and had dinner in spokane and stayed in motels quite often so, yes it does generate tourist dollars for spokane
Mike

Maple Valley, WA

#4 Sep 14, 2008
I think reopening the raceway strip was a great idea, takes many racers off the streets and onto the track where its safe and legal. I personaly now race only at the raceway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spokane County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NJ Police: Man who knocked out woman in Faceboo... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Michelle Murphy 1
News Sheriff: Extremists are breeding danger - Tue, ... (Jun '15) Oct '15 jomama 2
News Blu-ray player, sex, and drugs blamed for deadl... (Oct '13) Sep '15 HillyardBratt 2
News Jail spots sheets hanging from cell, foiling es... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Spotted Girl 3
News Little Spokane Fire update: Increase in contain... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Gre 1
News Bail at $3M for 2nd teen in veteran beating case (Aug '13) Jun '15 j brown 2
News Man facing multiple assault charges accused of ... (May '14) May '14 PLENTY OF LOSERS ... 1
More from around the web