Santa Claus, IN Competes For "Most Fun Town" Title

Jun 10, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WEHT

With a name like "Santa Claus," it has to be fun, right? The Spencer County town is in the running for the title of "most fun" town in the country.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jul 26, 2012
linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2011

Judged:

fun for everyone but people living there! I hate the traffic caused by holiday world and the extra crime and noise. Many many locals do not think the summer months are fun because of Holiday World. The water pressure is horrible in the Village because of the use of water in the water park. So it might be fun for visitors but trust me, most locals (unless they need the paycheck) do not think it is fun place to live
Elf

Huntingburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

Judged:

linda wrote:
fun for everyone but people living there! I hate the traffic caused by holiday world and the extra crime and noise. Many many locals do not think the summer months are fun because of Holiday World. The water pressure is horrible in the Village because of the use of water in the water park. So it might be fun for visitors but trust me, most locals (unless they need the paycheck) do not think it is fun place to live
Move

Since: Dec 10

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2011

Judged:

The only thing to do there is holiday world. Is no where near the most fun town. Good try though.
sam the ham man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

I agree, most people who live in Santa Claus HATE holiday world and all its traffic. Judging by the name elf… I can also bet that was Pat C. She thinks herself to be an elf.
People would move…but NO ONE wants to buy homes in the village with all their stupid rules and fees.
My wife found a house in the rural area but no one is buying houses in the village. Everyone wants out of the village and all the homes are below value and we still can’t sell unless we lose lots

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Spencer County Discussions

Search the Spencer County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Four-day Spencer County 4-H Fair opens Thursday... Jun '14 sad 1
Officer Suspended for Sending Innappropriate Ph... May '14 Red 34
Five Injured in Spencer County Accident Mar '14 bad idea 10
was that the chiefs son in the robbery in chrisney Mar '14 local resident 2
watkins beef jerky (Mar '10) Dec '13 Marlene Tolle 13
Santa Claus, Ind. post office releases special ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Joan shepherd 1
Jimmy wink / wink trailer corp (Feb '12) Feb '13 Andrew 7
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••