Teen Charged With Killing His 81-Year...

Teen Charged With Killing His 81-Year-Old Next-Door Neighbor

There are 116 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from May 31, 2007, titled Teen Charged With Killing His 81-Year-Old Next-Door Neighbor. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

A teen has been charged with murder after his 81-year-old next-door neighbor was stabbed to death in a robbery, Spartanburg County deputies said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Justice

AOL

#125 Jun 1, 2007
sld wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not true. My Mother-in-law raised 5 children by her self, when my husbands father died in 76. 2 girls and 3 boys. all 5 grew up hard working and good people. They finished school got jobs and know have families of there own. Im not sure what she did right, but I know that im lucky. So 1 parent homes do not always make for bad kids. Sometimes they hang out with the wrong kids at school,bus,malls and so on. What your kids do when you are not around would shock you. Remeber the things you did when you were young. True we did not go out and kill someone but we all have done things we should not have.
Thank you SLD, I agree with you 100% I've see families with more than five children being / been raised by a single parent... and ALL the kids turned out to be positive citizens.

TOM must be a Clinical Psychologist... because he/she/it attempted to correct me in another story. But considering what I typed in that story... I chose not to respond to him/her/it... because I didn't want to "defeat the purpose".

Again, I couldn't agree with your post more!!
Duh

United States

#126 Jun 1, 2007
GrandDragon wrote:
Knives dont kill people, dumb a$$ porch monkeys do.
Go back to your cooking before your meth-lab burns or poisons your inbred brats in the sands of Gaston South Congaree or whatever. It is a lack of education or culture like yours black or lighter skinned groups out of Africa by way of Europe that would benefit from spay and neuter clinics.
wreckinball

Winder, GA

#127 Jun 1, 2007
He looks surprised in his mugshot. As if he doesn't realize what he's done. Can't help but wonder if he would have the same indifferent glare on his face, when a man he doesn't know, puts a hood over his head and pumps electricity through his body until he dies. I feel sure he fully grasp that situation.
Tomfoolery

Columbia, SC

#128 Jun 1, 2007
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you SLD, I agree with you 100% I've see families with more than five children being / been raised by a single parent... and ALL the kids turned out to be positive citizens.
TOM must be a Clinical Psychologist... because he/she/it attempted to correct me in another story. But considering what I typed in that story... I chose not to respond to him/her/it... because I didn't want to "defeat the purpose".
Again, I couldn't agree with your post more!!
Nine times out of ten black children with a one parent family end up with some sort of criminal record. Just look at the black prison population. Statstick don't lie.
I T A I T T I T A V

Hilton Head Island, SC

#130 Jun 1, 2007
The mark of a man used to be how he treated women, children, and animals. If "he" was tender with and respected women and gentle with children and didn't abuse/suffer or mistreat animals then that was how a REAL man acted. But now a days it is all reverse. Woman are ho's, animals are to be betted on in fights to the death and children are something that just happen after a good time at sex. If you show any tenderness or compassion as a man today you are seen as soft or pussyish. Being hard and cold blooded is what is respected in the "village" now. These days it takes more than a mentor it takes a team (mom and dad) of one mind working to a common goal for the good of the family and children.
This young kid who killed this woman KNEW he was doing wrong period. He is typical of most of today's youth who are self absorbed and who want the easy way to the things they desire. It's the "if I want it then I'm going to take it. and try and stop me." attitude.
One Love

AOL

#131 Jun 1, 2007
I T A I T T I T A V wrote:
The mark of a man used to be how he treated women, children, and animals. If "he" was tender with and respected women and gentle with children and didn't abuse/suffer or mistreat animals then that was how a REAL man acted. But now a days it is all reverse. Woman are ho's, animals are to be betted on in fights to the death and children are something that just happen after a good time at sex. If you show any tenderness or compassion as a man today you are seen as soft or pussyish. Being hard and cold blooded is what is respected in the "village" now. These days it takes more than a mentor it takes a team (mom and dad) of one mind working to a common goal for the good of the family and children.
This young kid who killed this woman KNEW he was doing wrong period. He is typical of most of today's youth who are self absorbed and who want the easy way to the things they desire. It's the "if I want it then I'm going to take it. and try and stop me." attitude.
You right..I gotta give it to you..BUT..everthing is always easier said than done..you describe how it should be.. not how it is...the truth is there are not many homes with 2 heads working as 1. In my opinion more single parents than 2. Soooo what now?
Justice

AOL

#132 Jun 1, 2007
Tomfoolery wrote:
<quoted text>
Nine times out of ten black children with a one parent family end up with some sort of criminal record. Just look at the black prison population. Statstick don't lie.
Your words TOM FOOLERY >>> "as long as there is just one parent in THE FAMILY to raise the child there are going to be problems". KEYWORDS: THE FAMILY.

When you say those two keywords you are saying ALL black families... but, now you want to try and rectify your earlier post by saying 9 out of 10 which in itself is also wrong. Please show where you got your statistics from. I hope it (your stats show the 9 out of ten).

Since: Mar 07

Swansea, SC

#133 Jun 1, 2007
There are 3 kinds of lies:
Just lies
Dam lies and
Statistics
Ms Maam

Columbia, SC

#134 Jun 1, 2007
I saw the question asked in an earlier post "where is the daddy?" Which is a very good question. We make it seem as if women choose this. No one whether they are rich or poor would like to have the sole responsibility of doing two peoples jobs. Regardless of whether the parents were, are, or never have been married they are still the parents and they are both responsible for the proper raising of that child.
Duh

Decatur, GA

#135 Jun 2, 2007
SC Nana wrote:
There are 3 kinds of lies:
Just lies
Dam lies and
Statistics
Samuel Clements, I believe. Whatever the statistics are for single parent homes providing jobs in law enforcement and corrections it ain't good. It should be discouraged having single parent homes. What should really be stopped is people producing babies that they expect society to provide for and raise. These child "neglectors" should be punished. Anyone drawing a disability check because supposedly they are unable to work (especially for mental/emotional reasons) should be considered for sterilization.
Justice

Columbia, SC

#138 Jun 2, 2007
Fuzz wrote:
Did anyone see the last of the article,charged twice before...He was just a born trouble maker...And finally killed someone...Mother didn't do good on anything,in fact they should charge her for not whipping his azz the first time he commited a crime...
This sound like something a gilbert person would say. You are about dumb as the boy who did the killing...Like the previous person said a--hole, the government is making it hard for us as parents to raise our children. THEY ARE LOCKING OUR A-- IF WE HIT THEM. THE ONLY THING A CHILD HAS TO DO IS CALL THE POLICE AND SAY MY MOM OR DAD IS HITTING ON ME, AND THE POLICE WILL BE READY TO LOCK THEM UP.

Your parents need to hit you in the
d--- mouth!!!
pat

White House, TN

#139 Jun 2, 2007
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
This sound like something a gilbert person would say. You are about dumb as the boy who did the killing...Like the previous person said a--hole, the government is making it hard for us as parents to raise our children. THEY ARE LOCKING OUR A-- IF WE HIT THEM. THE ONLY THING A CHILD HAS TO DO IS CALL THE POLICE AND SAY MY MOM OR DAD IS HITTING ON ME, AND THE POLICE WILL BE READY TO LOCK THEM UP.
d--- mouth!!!
A fine example of the pot calling the kettle black!
Duh

Decatur, GA

#140 Jun 2, 2007
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
d--- mouth!!!
That is as old and wrong excuse as when the black street punks always claiming race got them caught or always claiming someone white used the N----r Word. Corporal punishment is not outlawed. Just do not wait to use it after the kid is 13. A blow to the head at 13 is different from a butt paddling at 8. Your getting rather weak there Justice. Do you want equal or special treatment? Your have sounded smarter than that.
In the Know

Columbia, SC

#141 Jun 4, 2007
Way to go mom!
Stacey

United States

#143 Jun 4, 2007
Tomfoolery wrote:
<quoted text>
There are numerous church organizations the black youth could get involved in. Also plenty of recreational parks. By the way what ever happened to mid-night basketball. I never hear about that any more. As long as there is just one parent in the family to raise the child, there are going to be problems.
I beg to differ. My own son has been raised all his life in a single-parent home. I have always been gainfully employed & the only time I got any gov't assistance was when I was in tech school learning a trade (total of one year). He is a well-mannered, polite, respectful young man who knows better than to draw my ire. I have never hesitated to bring him into line with a few smacks to the bottom and he is a much better person because of it. I have long argued that a child raised in a stable, loving, structured home by one parent is much better off than a child raised in a home by two parents who either do not get along or who have two completely different parenting styles.
Miss T

Lexington, SC

#145 Jul 18, 2007
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
You should not even post comments like this, it shows how you were raised
Just goes to show you what kind of way you were raise(judging skin color)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spartanburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kroger Background Check Nov '16 William 2
News Search begins where woman was found chained up ... Nov '16 Mike 1
News Sheriff: Sex offender in custody after missing ... Nov '16 Mandy 2
News Multiple crews respond to roof fire due to burn... Oct '16 solarcitizen 1
Spartanburg County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal... Oct '16 Emily 2
News Deputies: Duo stole pickup from McDonald's, dri... Aug '16 privileged one 1
News Sheriff Wright: 27 arrested, 'traveling abortio... (Oct '15) Mar '16 Frog gigger 3
More from around the web