Teen Charged With Killing His 81-Year-Old Next-Door Neighbor

There are 20 comments on the May 31, 2007, WLTX Columbia story titled Teen Charged With Killing His 81-Year-Old Next-Door Neighbor. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

A teen has been charged with murder after his 81-year-old next-door neighbor was stabbed to death in a robbery, Spartanburg County deputies said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Wow

Charlotte, NC

#2 May 31, 2007
at least we cannot blame the parents on this one. go mom!!! tough love
Southern Girl

West Columbia, SC

#3 May 31, 2007
I applaud the mother for turning her son in, instead of hiding what he had done. There ARE good parents out there!
Kathy

Laurinburg, NC

#4 May 31, 2007
koodo's to mom.
Amy

Columbia, SC

#6 May 31, 2007
So incredibly sad, but I also applaud his mother for turning him in.

Sadly, we are losing what seems like an entire generation to murder - they're either being murdred or murdering and then spending the rest of their lives in prison. It is worrisome to say the very least.
Tough Justice

United States

#7 May 31, 2007
We say we would do anything for our kids but sometimes these kids of ours grow up and no matter what we do or say, they go down the wrong road. When the road they travel leads to destruction and pain to someone else, it is time to say that we've done all we could and their actions are their own to deal with. I pray for the mother that has lost that child and I pray for that childs soul.
The Spartan

Waxhaw, NC

#8 May 31, 2007
We shouldn't applaud the mom for anything. She still raised a little bastard that apparently can't control himself. I wonder who's to blame for that?

You guessed it! The Mother.
One Love

Columbia, SC

#9 May 31, 2007
Go ahead everyone..lets post the negativity..about this being another black negro thug..But why..are we as a commnutiy failing..Times have changed..We don't raise our young as the village anymore..Thats why there are so many senseless acts of crime being committed by our young brothers and sisters..Something has got to change.
One Love

Columbia, SC

#10 May 31, 2007
But why..are we as a commnutiy failing. Should be..

But Why are we as a Community
Harmless

United States

#11 May 31, 2007
I too, applaud this mother. I always told my children that if they had drugs or stole anything ,that they wouldn't have to worry about the law looking for them , I would call them. They must have believed me , because they stayed out of trouble. I would have called too!
Tough Justice

United States

#12 May 31, 2007
The Spartan wrote:
We shouldn't applaud the mom for anything. She still raised a little bastard that apparently can't control himself. I wonder who's to blame for that?
Are you serious? How can the mother be to blame for this person turning out to be a killer? To read what you wrote is like saying that she trained him to become this killer. Can we blame your mom for you becoming an idiot? Grow up..
One Love

Columbia, SC

#13 May 31, 2007
The Spartan wrote:
Actually I blame the father..A mom can only do so much with teenage boys..Gotta have some type of male to show you the ropes..If not then you do stupid stuff like this..PROBABLY, THATS WHY SHE TURNED HIM IN..SHE'S TIRED..CAN'T DO NO MORE FOR HIM..FED UP..
outfieldjack

West Columbia, SC

#14 May 31, 2007
One Love wrote:
Go ahead everyone..lets post the negativity..about this being another black negro thug..But why..are we as a commnutiy failing...
Only certain communities are failing... others are doing quite fine. In fact, I'd argue that itís the "culture" that some people are living that is causing this type of behavior.

And it is not like it is going to end anytime soon, these people are replacing the ones they are killing and sending to jail faster and faster each year.

I think it is good the Mom turned him in. I'd bet she is glad to have the monster out of her house.
truth

Elgin, SC

#15 May 31, 2007
The Spartan wrote:
You said it, a person that can not control "himself".When a person raises their child the best they know how that is all you can ask of them. People that think they are raising perfect kids need to be a fly on the wall at one of the parties, they would be sick. She did what alot of people wouldn't do, turn their child in.
K-Anderson

Downers Grove, IL

#16 May 31, 2007
That had to be a hard decision to make, to have to turn your child over to the authorities. But, it was a good decision that means mom wasn't going to up hold her son.
Pray

Columbia, SC

#17 May 31, 2007
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
[Proverbs 22:6]

Society as a whole should be concerned about the path our children are going down. There is a reason why so many teenagers are being incarcerated. It's time for us to examine the way we are training our children. Because, I honestly feel that if we train our children in the right way we don't have to worry about them going out and murdering someone.
Now, I'm not trying to judge the mother but the teen murdered because he was enraged with hate for some reason. Was the reason because he was abused? Perhaps physically, emotionally or sexually?. Or, was he using drugs or alcohol? There is a reason behind every action. I just pray for the young man's soul and that a change in his heart occurs. And, I pray for his parents that they will find the strength and courage to steer him in the right direction. And, I pray for the family of the murdered woman. I pray that God will give them the strength to hold on.
Fuzz

Lexington, SC

#18 May 31, 2007
Did anyone see the last of the article,charged twice before...He was just a born trouble maker...And finally killed someone...Mother didn't do good on anything,in fact they should charge her for not whipping his azz the first time he commited a crime...
Tough Justice

United States

#19 May 31, 2007
One Love wrote:
Go ahead everyone..lets post the negativity..about this being another black negro thug..But why..are we as a commnutiy failing..Times have changed..We don't raise our young as the village anymore..Thats why there are so many senseless acts of crime being committed by our young brothers and sisters..Something has got to change.
I'm sorry but I didnt read anything about it being a black thug. Am I missing some of the pages? But yes, as a society we allowed the government to take over raising our children and allowing fear to replace dicipline. Since our kids are no longer afraid of punishment by the parents, then the state has to take over and raise them. Most times they end up in prison rooms. It's not a black and white issue. I say lets take back our families and raise them the way they should be raised.
salaam

Rifle, CO

#21 May 31, 2007
I don't think that we should applaud the mother either. Single parent or not this BOY did not become that monster overnight. The "it takes a village to raise a child" only applies when mom and dad can't be around not because they simply don't want to be. Just like Klebold and Harris and other violent young people there were signs that lead up to horrible behavior. The issue is that parents are putting their heads in the sand when it comes to raising their kids. And we are all at risk when this takes place. This situation is only an example of that. Prison's are full of people who were loved but not raised by family. Unfortunately so are the cementaries.
Befuddled

Columbia, SC

#23 May 31, 2007
One Love has a short memory.

If you want to know what's wrong with our kids, love at our parents.

We have abdicated the awesome and critical responsibility of raising our children to be productive law abiding citizens of the world by leaving it up to the State.

Our kids know who Tupac is, where Lindsay's rehabbing, and how much the latest midriff-bearing tee shirt can be found, but they can't recognize the 16th president of the US, or name one of the original 13 colonies.

And black churches are the worst enablers.

They stand and entertain abortionists and race-baiting panderers like Bob Coble and Bill Clinton, while holding their hands up to Jesus to save them from evil.

We all need to pray that we get salvation from ourselves.

Morons!!
SAD

Saint Charles, IL

#24 May 31, 2007
Let's get this straight....armed robbery in January, burglary last summer and now murder.....why wasn't this thug locked up after the first two, then this innocent person would still be alive? Three strikes and you're out...throw away the key. How pathetic is our judicial system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spartanburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Another testicle ticket written in South Carolina (May '12) Aug '14 mike 101
News Continueda Reserve Wellford Officer Arrested (May '10) Aug '14 mike 4
News Child neglect charges filed against parents of ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Corrupt Spartanburg 1
Thinking of Moving to Spartanburg/Greenville Area (Jun '14) Jun '14 HarleyGuy417 1
News DOCUMENT: Arrest In April Fools' School Shootin... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Spotted Girl 7
News South Carolina Dad, 911 Dispatcher Help Deliver... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Sandi 1
News Deputies calm family's fight over Christmas tre... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Guams going to ca... 18
More from around the web