Man Charged with Killing Elderly Man,...

Man Charged with Killing Elderly Man, Leaving Him in Pond

There are 20 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Nov 16, 2007, titled Man Charged with Killing Elderly Man, Leaving Him in Pond. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

WSPA-TV reports that Ashley Ravan, 28, has been charged with shooting to death 79-year-old Charles Wilson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

BWG

Gaston, SC

#1 Nov 16, 2007
Some witness.
christie

Chapin, SC

#2 Nov 16, 2007
he should hang by his nuts till dead....punk
ZWA

Chapin, SC

#3 Nov 16, 2007
Nice hair.
Justice

AOL

#4 Nov 16, 2007
He need to be put in a cell with OJ.
Harry

Montgomery Village, MD

#5 Nov 16, 2007
Does not fit the picture image of a thug as usually posted by the mass media but just as deadly and even more dangerous.
duh

Columbia, SC

#6 Nov 16, 2007
pretty boy

Since: Nov 07

United States

#7 Nov 16, 2007
What is wrong with people!! Sheesh.
WColaGal

Columbia, SC

#8 Nov 16, 2007
Harry wrote:
Does not fit the picture image of a thug as usually posted by the mass media but just as deadly and even more dangerous.
but, he does look like a meth head!
mr hat

Cayce, SC

#9 Nov 16, 2007
duh wrote:
pretty boy
He'll definitely make somebody a nice "prison" wife.
Definitely Smarter

Memphis, TN

#10 Nov 16, 2007
Harry wrote:
More dangerous how? Because he is white so therefore naturally more intelligent?
nunya

Columbia, SC

#11 Nov 16, 2007
odd coincidence.....ya think?
OJ IS INNOCENT

Memphis, TN

#12 Nov 16, 2007
Justice wrote:
He need to be put in a cell with OJ.
What? OJ's innocent! He has to be! Your dumb azz has been saying that forever! You and Hairy having fun on the couch?
IGOR

White House, TN

#13 Nov 16, 2007
Harry wrote:
No Harry he doesn't portray the image that is usually pictured by the mass media because more times than not the thugs are black. But I'm sure thats my people's fault.
Harry

Montgomery Village, MD

#14 Nov 16, 2007
IGOR wrote:
<quoted text>No Harry he doesn't portray the image that is usually pictured by the mass media because more times than not the thugs are black. But I'm sure thats my people's fault.
Not really, only your parents fault that you are such a supreme AH.Why would I hate my white neighbor because some AH on the internet insist on acting ignorant. You don't know me, I don't you. Exchanging insults on the net does not do anything to either of us...SO this is it, you, Dr pepper and jo jo can can kiss my grits and go straight to he77.Have a good night..

“Still me. ”

Since: May 07

Hudson, NY

#15 Nov 16, 2007
Harry wrote:
It sure doesn't. But we all know the saying don't judge a book by its cover. Who would have thought his cover concealed a murderer.

If his grandfather is still alive he should spend his days in jail thinking about how he would feel if someone did this to his. Not so good I would hope.
Nuts

Memphis, TN

#16 Nov 17, 2007
By the nuts. Hang him by the nuts.
prep

Spartanburg, SC

#17 Nov 19, 2007
Very surprised by this. I performed work at the facilty where Ashley worked and he was always polite. He always asked how the family was. Never expected anything like this.

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Toccoa, GA

#19 Nov 20, 2007
Definitely Smarter wrote:
<quoted text>More dangerous how? Because he is white so therefore naturally more intelligent?
Not sure about the "naturally more intelligent" because he's white part. I think people in general have preconceived ideas about what a criminal "looks" like, and this guy looks like the boy next door, nothing threatening about him. Also, since he and the victim knew each other, this makes it even more surprising.
aprildp1975

AOL

#20 Nov 30, 2007
To everyone who's passed judgement on someone they know NOTHING about or situation you all know NOTHING about...I believe that Jesus said for us not to judge unless we are prepared to be judged...my boyfriend and I are very close to Ashley and his wife and I think you ALL need to get all the facts BEFORE you condemn him so to speak...yes, it's tragic what happened to that man but here in the US we have this thing called..."INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY" not "GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT"...grow up people and don't be so ignorant!!!
DALLAS

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Sep 24, 2010
YA KNOW THE SAD THING IS, HE WAS MY LATE HUSBANDS BEST FRIEND BEFORE HIS DEATH. I HUNG WITH ASHLEY FOR YEARS, AND I WOULD'VE NEVER THOUGHT HE WOULD HAVE DONE THAT. HIS GRANDPARENTS RAISED HIM, WHOM HE LOVED DEARLY. SO OF COURSE WHEN I HEARD THAT THERE WAS AN ELDERLY MAN INVOLVED, THAT WAS A DOUBLE SHOCKER. HE WAS ALWAYS A LAID BACK, NICE, DO ANYTHING FOR YOU, KINDA GUY. I GUESS THAT GOES TO SHOW THAT YOU NEVER TRULY KNOW WHAT DEMONS ARE LURKING INSIDE THE PERSON YOU THINK YOU KNOW INSIDE AND OUT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spartanburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff Wright: 27 arrested, 'traveling abortio... (Oct '15) Mar '16 Frog gigger 3
News Another testicle ticket written in South Carolina (May '12) Aug '14 mike 101
News Continueda Reserve Wellford Officer Arrested (May '10) Aug '14 mike 4
News Child neglect charges filed against parents of ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Corrupt Spartanburg 1
Thinking of Moving to Spartanburg/Greenville Area (Jun '14) Jun '14 HarleyGuy417 1
News DOCUMENT: Arrest In April Fools' School Shootin... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Spotted Girl 7
News South Carolina Dad, 911 Dispatcher Help Deliver... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Sandi 1
More from around the web