Man Sets Himself on Fire While Burnin...

Man Sets Himself on Fire While Burning Trash, Dies

There are 20 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Nov 8, 2007, titled Man Sets Himself on Fire While Burning Trash, Dies. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

NMAN, S.C. -- Authorities say a 24-year-old man has died after he accidentally set himself on fire while burning trash in northern Spartanburg County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

Since: Jun 07

United States

#1 Nov 8, 2007
My God....what a horrible way to die. Prayers for his family as they deal with this tragedy.
northern redneck

United States

#3 Nov 8, 2007
sad, very sad. such a terrible accident. my heart goes out to his family and friends (his parents will never be the same, god bless them). it's also sad that we all had to learn a valuable lesson this way. BE
CAREFUL...

“Go GaMeCoCkS!”

Since: Sep 07

USC

#4 Nov 8, 2007
My thoughts exactly...horrible way to go! Burned alive...Condolences to the family...
MaxAcceleration wrote:
My God....what a horrible way to die. Prayers for his family as they deal with this tragedy.
the Insider

Columbia, SC

#5 Nov 8, 2007
OK, good way to weed out the stupid people! Take your trash to the dump!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#6 Nov 8, 2007
Fire hot. Fire burns. Not touch....

Even a 3 year old learns fire burns.

Yeah, that's it. Throw gas on the fire and see what happens. "Hey y'all watch this. I can make it burn better."

One less ID10T to worry about.
Caring Citizen

Columbia, SC

#7 Nov 8, 2007
With the weather being this dry and our state in a drought, he shouldn't have been burning anything. But this is truly a horrible way to die. My thoughts and prayers to the family and may he rest in peace.
lal

United States

#8 Nov 8, 2007
this is a terrible shame, give us our dumpsters back
Peacemaker

Ridgeland, SC

#9 Nov 8, 2007
I can't beleive it. It's such a terrible accident. But I can't help but wonder, what happened to "STOP, DROP, and ROLL." I am 23 years old. I have had some close experiences with fire. I know that its hard to stay focus in a situation like that, but we have to stop and think. When things like this happen, this is a good time to talk about safety and strategy plans with our family, friends, and even co-workers. May God be with the family.
Billy Bob Tail

United States

#10 Nov 8, 2007
Just a guess, but was alcohol involved? Usually is when a redneck gets hurt. Sorry for the familys' loss, but that was STUPID
Surprised

Columbia, SC

#12 Nov 8, 2007
Billy Bob Tail wrote:
Just a guess, but was alcohol involved? Usually is when a redneck gets hurt. Sorry for the familys' loss, but that was STUPID
No, you are the STUPID one to make such a mean remark.
nunya

Columbia, SC

#13 Nov 8, 2007
That's horrible. That should be a reason right there to not burn trash anymore and just take it to the dump. That way no one will catch themselves on fire anymore
Boudreaux

Summerville, SC

#14 Nov 8, 2007
Still a very common but dangerous practice in rural areas. Sad story...

“Prayer Is Power”

Since: Dec 06

Faith-Not-Religion

#15 Nov 8, 2007
Prayers of comfort, strength, understanding, grace and peace for the family and friends.
Zardoz

Myrtle Beach, SC

#16 Nov 8, 2007
Darwin just grins at such news.

HeII of a way to go though.... OUCH !!!!
liss

United States

#17 Nov 8, 2007
this is sad, as are most of the comments on this forum
Yankee In the South

White House, TN

#18 Nov 8, 2007
As only Frank Barone could say "Holy Crap!' What a dumb ass! Natures way of thining the "herd" Hope the family has another son son to carry the "idiot" gene.
liss

United States

#19 Nov 8, 2007
yankee go home...
Yankee In the South wrote:
As only Frank Barone could say "Holy Crap!' What a dumb ass! Natures way of thining the "herd" Hope the family has another son son to carry the "idiot" gene.

“Come visit. Bring the kids.”

Since: Nov 07

Parts Unknown

#20 Nov 8, 2007
Yankee In the South wrote:
As only Frank Barone could say "Holy Crap!' What a dumb ass! Natures way of thining the "herd" Hope the family has another son son to carry the "idiot" gene.
i don't think even Frank Barone would be that cold.
Fire Marshal Bill

Saint Leonard, MD

#21 Nov 9, 2007
"Fire officials say this is the third person in the past three years to die after setting themselves on fire while burning trash in Spartanburg County."

Okay, all I can say about this is, "You have got to be kidding me." How could this happen three times ONLY in one county of one state of one country in the entire world?
Yankee in the South

Ridgeville, SC

#22 Nov 9, 2007
liss wrote:
yankee go home...<quoted text>
I am home....If you dont like me being here...YOU leave

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spartanburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff Wright: 27 arrested, 'traveling abortio... (Oct '15) Mar '16 Frog gigger 3
News Another testicle ticket written in South Carolina (May '12) Aug '14 mike 101
News Continueda Reserve Wellford Officer Arrested (May '10) Aug '14 mike 4
News Child neglect charges filed against parents of ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Corrupt Spartanburg 1
Thinking of Moving to Spartanburg/Greenville Area (Jun '14) Jun '14 HarleyGuy417 1
News DOCUMENT: Arrest In April Fools' School Shootin... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Spotted Girl 7
News South Carolina Dad, 911 Dispatcher Help Deliver... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Sandi 1
More from around the web