Big-rig wreck at Marin-Sonoma line sn...

Big-rig wreck at Marin-Sonoma line snarls commute

There are 28 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Feb 22, 2010, titled Big-rig wreck at Marin-Sonoma line snarls commute. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

An overturned big-rig carrying a load of vegetables overturned on northbound Highway 101 at the Marin-Sonoma county line, snarling Monday morning commute traffic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
San Jose of the North

Ross, CA

#25 Feb 22, 2010
Whoever wrote that Sonma wants to become SanJose North hit the nail on the head. The uglification of one of the most beautiful places on the planet is a terrible shame.
cece

Santa Rosa, CA

#26 Feb 22, 2010
omg i no them that were in the car acttudes
FatFreddysCat

Novato, CA

#27 Feb 22, 2010
Ha, ha, good one.

>...Someone should tell Freewheelin Franklin to stop mixing that LSD into your Cat Chow.
BUDDY BOY wrote:
<quoted text>Someone should tell Freewheelin Franklin to stop mixing that LSD into your Cat Chow. Where there are roads there are going to be accidents and delays. And you're not going to hop on a train to get around them. You're going to get in your car and get right in the middle of it. Just like everyone else. And guess what? If you're late for work, the world will go on.
HUH

Mill Valley, CA

#28 Feb 23, 2010
San Jose of the North wrote:
Whoever wrote that Sonma wants to become SanJose North hit the nail on the head. The uglification of one of the most beautiful places on the planet is a terrible shame.
Where is Sonma??

Since: Jul 09

Novato

#29 Feb 23, 2010
FatFreddysCat wrote:
See folks, this is why you want a train.
What if you live South of this mess, but have an important meeting up North?
Hop on the train and you're good to go (freeway traffic doesn't affect it...).
I can't tell you how many times I was late to get into SF (from Novato) due to traffic accidents south-bound. If there was a train available, I'd take that on days when I absolutely needed to be at work on certain times.
What if the truck hit an overpass and HWY 101 was closed for a week for repairs?
If you have no train (the only alternative), you are SOL (s__ out of luck).
Smart Train, we welcome you with open arms.
Be honest, you didn't vote for the train so you would ride it. You voted for it thinking I would!

The train will be an under performing boondoggle a total waste of precious resources.
John

Vallejo, CA

#30 Feb 23, 2010
All Drivers that are not even going northbound are IDIOTS!! Stupid people shouldnt drive...people act like they have never seen an accident so they decide to stop and watch..Morons!
Tommy

Santa Rosa, CA

#31 Feb 23, 2010
Just plain stupid drivers. I see them every day. When you are behind the wheel, your number one job is to drive. Nothing else. Pay attention to driving.
SMART (dumb) train is not the answer. Get real.
Just learn to drive like a professional.
Big Bill Braksy

San Rafael, CA

#32 Feb 25, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
I've got a much better idea, TEACH YOUR KIDS how to drive so when they are on the road they don't drive like the rest of MORON County drivers.
You slow down to go up a hill, you slam on the brakes while traveling downhill when there is nothing in front of you. How about TURN OFF the friggin Amber Alert sign when there's nothing important, then people (idiots) won't slow down to read that it's only going to take 18 minutes to get to Novato (REALLY?? No way only 18 minutes!!??) The stupidest thing I have ever seen.
How about stop riding the cars bumper in front of you and see how much better traffic flows. How about GET OFF YOUR CELL PHONE/Blackberry you entitled, pompous, self important jerks!(and ladies same goes for you, you all know what you do in traffic)
There, get it? All better now, just like a Marinite, put a little band-aid on a compound fracture.
Figure it out sheeple. You are the problem, not the solution.
Let me buy this man a drink! Hell, if I didn't know better, I'da thunk I wrote this! Let me add to the list of crappy teenage drivers. The car load of giggling girls from places like Redwood or Marin Catholic in their "sweet 16" birthday present a Beemer SUV, FLYING down the road trying to get back to school after lunch at McD's. Teenaged Marin girls should NOT be allowed to drive!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sonoma County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gather the Horde Feb '18 Jethro 2
News California's deadliest fires set off debate abo... (Oct '17) Oct '17 Wildchild 6
Time to suspend commuter lane rules on HWY 101 (Oct '17) Oct '17 YouDidntBuildThat 1
Sonoma County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Rec... (Sep '16) Sep '17 Jesus 4
News Sonoma County Superior Court employees continue... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Juan MoTime 1
News State orders audit of Marin family court (Jul '09) Dec '16 DrTonyBlair 871
News Gelhaus gets a promotion after getting away wit... (Aug '16) Aug '16 thomas ward 1