Big-rig wreck at Marin-Sonoma line sn...

Big-rig wreck at Marin-Sonoma line snarls commute

There are 28 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Feb 22, 2010, titled Big-rig wreck at Marin-Sonoma line snarls commute. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

An overturned big-rig carrying a load of vegetables overturned on northbound Highway 101 at the Marin-Sonoma county line, snarling Monday morning commute traffic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FatFreddysCat

Tracy, CA

#1 Feb 22, 2010
See folks, this is why you want a train.
What if you live South of this mess, but have an important meeting up North?
Hop on the train and you're good to go (freeway traffic doesn't affect it...).
I can't tell you how many times I was late to get into SF (from Novato) due to traffic accidents south-bound. If there was a train available, I'd take that on days when I absolutely needed to be at work on certain times.
What if the truck hit an overpass and HWY 101 was closed for a week for repairs?
If you have no train (the only alternative), you are SOL (s__ out of luck).
Smart Train, we welcome you with open arms.
huh

San Rafael, CA

#2 Feb 22, 2010
FatFreddysCat wrote:
I can't tell you how many times I was late to get into SF (from Novato) due to traffic accidents south-bound. If there was a train available, I'd take that on days when I absolutely needed to be at work on certain times.
What if the truck hit an overpass and HWY 101 was closed for a week for repairs?
you, my friend, are an idiot. that accident didn't affect anything for most people living in Marin.
Zorro

Novato, CA

#3 Feb 22, 2010
The loading and unloading facilities to off load the train onto many waiting trucks.
Imagine the traffic snarl while all the surface roads are blocked. What about the trains going in the other direction?
There is only one set of tracks!!!!!!
Now that would be a sight.
Free Meserle

San Rafael, CA

#4 Feb 22, 2010
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
you, my friend, are an idiot. that accident didn't affect anything for most people living in Marin.
I live in Marin and it affected me in a positive way.... While stuck in gridlock traffic, I got out and filled 3 hemp woven grocery bags full of delicios vegetables.
Big Bill Braksy

San Rafael, CA

#5 Feb 22, 2010
You would have taken the train to SF? Hmm, that's a new one on me. Didn't know [not so]SMART was going to cross the Bridge. Or will it go under the Bay?

Where the Marin goofs really missed out was when we could have had BART! "No" they cried, "it'll cause too much growth". Well look around people, we grew anyway! Dumbazzes!
Batman

San Rafael, CA

#6 Feb 22, 2010
The problem is not that we "goofed" by not approving BART its that Novato and Sonoma County decided they wanted to become San Jose north
The rest of us in Marin decided not to enable that mistake but suffer the consequences
As for the train just wait until the first moron decides to run a grade crossing when the flag is down or now that the GGBridge board has decided to defile the bridge people figure out just like in Palo Alto an effective means of ending it all is to walk in front of a train
Oh and when a death like this occurs the train sits there until the coroner comes and the body is removed
I'd say 2-3 hours minimum
I say it again
Ferry at Port Sonoma
thanksillegals

Palo Alto, CA

#7 Feb 22, 2010
Yeah.... It sucked. It took an hour to get from Novato to where the wreck was. I had to pee sooooo bad.
Sacturary City - SR

United States

#10 Feb 22, 2010
Does DMV require citizenship to issue a California Driver's License? I know tests are given in various foreign langauges. Never could figure that out - some will argue the signs are "universal." How about the word, "yield?" How many foreign speaking folks would know what that means? Something to think about.....
Kevin

United States

#11 Feb 22, 2010
Batman wrote:
The problem is not that we "goofed" by not approving BART its that Novato and Sonoma County decided they wanted to become San Jose north
The rest of us in Marin decided not to enable that mistake but suffer the consequences
As for the train just wait until the first moron decides to run a grade crossing when the flag is down or now that the GGBridge board has decided to defile the bridge people figure out just like in Palo Alto an effective means of ending it all is to walk in front of a train
Oh and when a death like this occurs the train sits there until the coroner comes and the body is removed
I'd say 2-3 hours minimum
I say it again
Ferry at Port Sonoma
I agree with you
Ronald

San Rafael, CA

#12 Feb 22, 2010
Tired of scum bags that are my neighbors,friends, and employees.
FatFreddysCat

Tracy, CA

#13 Feb 22, 2010
Have you been drinking today?
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
FatFreddysCat

Tracy, CA

#14 Feb 22, 2010
Train ->Ferry-> San Francisco.
Big Bill Braksy wrote:
You would have taken the train to SF? Hmm, that's a new one on me. Didn't know [not so]SMART was going to cross the Bridge. Or will it go under the Bay?
Where the Marin goofs really missed out was when we could have had BART! "No" they cried, "it'll cause too much growth". Well look around people, we grew anyway! Dumbazzes!
Koalabear2525

San Francisco, CA

#15 Feb 22, 2010
now just what would the smart train have done ? the train will not run if ever til at lease another 3 / 4 years then we have no track yet and no cars for the track what the heck another billon eill do .
Rope and a man

Novato, CA

#17 Feb 22, 2010
All you fools don't know what happened after the second wreck and the fire dept had to throw a rope to one man who was climbing up a wall. the 10 or so people on the bottom thought wow this guy is crazy. their was three people with cameras and i would love to see the pictures of him and the rope they through him.
Disbelief

San Jose, CA

#18 Feb 22, 2010
FatFreddysCat wrote:
Yes we do!
Concerned Citizen

Gustine, CA

#20 Feb 22, 2010
I've got a much better idea, TEACH YOUR KIDS how to drive so when they are on the road they don't drive like the rest of MORON County drivers.
You slow down to go up a hill, you slam on the brakes while traveling downhill when there is nothing in front of you. How about TURN OFF the friggin Amber Alert sign when there's nothing important, then people (idiots) won't slow down to read that it's only going to take 18 minutes to get to Novato (REALLY?? No way only 18 minutes!!??) The stupidest thing I have ever seen.
How about stop riding the cars bumper in front of you and see how much better traffic flows. How about GET OFF YOUR CELL PHONE/Blackberry you entitled, pompous, self important jerks!(and ladies same goes for you, you all know what you do in traffic)
There, get it? All better now, just like a Marinite, put a little band-aid on a compound fracture.
Figure it out sheeple. You are the problem, not the solution.
Bad driver here

Novato, CA

#21 Feb 22, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
I've got a much better idea, TEACH YOUR KIDS how to drive so when they are on the road they don't drive like the rest of MORON County drivers.
You slow down to go up a hill, you slam on the brakes while traveling downhill when there is nothing in front of you. How about TURN OFF the friggin Amber Alert sign when there's nothing important, then people (idiots) won't slow down to read that it's only going to take 18 minutes to get to Novato (REALLY?? No way only 18 minutes!!??) The stupidest thing I have ever seen.
How about stop riding the cars bumper in front of you and see how much better traffic flows. How about GET OFF YOUR CELL PHONE/Blackberry you entitled, pompous, self important jerks!(and ladies same goes for you, you all know what you do in traffic)
There, get it? All better now, just like a Marinite, put a little band-aid on a compound fracture.
No No No you are the nut here and you stay off the road !!!!
Koalabear2525

San Francisco, CA

#22 Feb 22, 2010
so what happen to the truck , where did the food go to .

“ Walking a strait circle”

Since: May 09

novato

#23 Feb 22, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Sweet rant ...... very nice.......Yes I enjoyed that thank you .
just me

San Francisco, CA

#24 Feb 22, 2010
"How about the word, "yield?" How many foreign speaking folks would know what that means?"

HAH! Really? How many ENGLISH speaking people know what it means?

And on another note....why was the guy climbing the wall?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sonoma County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sonoma County Superior Court employees continue... Jan '17 Juan MoTime 1
News State orders audit of Marin family court (Jul '09) Dec '16 DrTonyBlair 871
Sonoma County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Rec... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Nick 2
News Gelhaus gets a promotion after getting away wit... (Aug '16) Aug '16 thomas ward 1
News Donate to the Upcoming Musical Instrument Drive (May '16) May '16 Julie Jane 1
News Brewpub Replacing Old Mexico in Santa Rosa (Apr '16) Apr '16 KAREN 1
News Poverty increasing for Latinos in Sonoma County (Dec '15) Dec '15 wild child 3
More from around the web