Just us 'subjects'

Full story: Vallejo Times-Herald

I noticed that the Sonoma County Politburo spokesman, Valerie Brown stated: "We need to move people out of a single-occupant vehicle." With the eagerness to control the lives of the "subjects" they reveal their ignorance of the fact that people must earn a living, which usually requires transportation to the work place.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
NOT SUPRISED

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

You said it. It is funny how someone that most likely owns a hummer, or some other full sized suv, would portray such an issue to the public. All it does is let the select few, that actually see whats going on, know who is backing the spokesman. Stupid politicians, tricks are for kids!

Since: Jun 09

Walnut Creek, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

I guess it is safe to assume she car pools daily, or at the ver least does not drive alone in a vehicle??? I mean she wouldn't be a hypocrit or anything would she? Charging carpool drivers doesn't make much sense to accomplish her goal does it?

“EEEEK ! ITS A LIBERAL !”

Since: Jan 10

Vallejo, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

Sonoma County is one ruled by communists, which is pretty much the same as the rest of the state. The state is bankrupt and has raised our taxes to where we are one of the highest taxed states (if not the highest) in the nation.

What will you voters do now? Are you going to keep voting in the same democrats and more democrats? Haven't you seen the light yet?

Spending must stop, government must be cut in half and special interests must be shown the door as well as unions. PG&E has been given the green light to gouge all citizens with the smartmeters which no-one has any say about it and the Federal and state govts both are going to hit us with even higher tax rates to cover the higher cost due to the Deathcare bill just signed into law.

Haven't you all had enough?
gun metal blue

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

CRRAAAZY wrote:
I guess it is safe to assume she car pools daily, or at the ver least does not drive alone in a vehicle??? I mean she wouldn't be a hypocrit or anything would she? Charging carpool drivers doesn't make much sense to accomplish her goal does it?
stop, wait, think, remember.... there was a state idiot that make the do not talk on cell phones law then before it went into effect talked on HER cell phone and crashed her car! sooooooooo never assume she is NOT a hypocrit! those in power dictate how the subject/slaves must act and the laws, rules, suggestions are not for them!
gun metal blue

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

MILITIA-AMERICAN STYLE wrote:
Sonoma County is one ruled by communists, which is pretty much the same as the rest of the state. The state is bankrupt and has raised our taxes to where we are one of the highest taxed states (if not the highest) in the nation.
What will you voters do now? Are you going to keep voting in the same democrats and more democrats? Haven't you seen the light yet?
Spending must stop, government must be cut in half and special interests must be shown the door as well as unions. PG&E has been given the green light to gouge all citizens with the smartmeters which no-one has any say about it and the Federal and state govts both are going to hit us with even higher tax rates to cover the higher cost due to the Deathcare bill just signed into law.
Haven't you all had enough?
you have no say about smart meters as pg&e owns both the gas and electric meters and can change THEIR equipment at will. now, at all levels of government no action has been taken to remove 20 million invaders/criminals that are here in our country sucking free entitlements from our funds. in fact, since they are being counted in the census the very a holes ruining this country will get even more in the representative areas to screw us even more! so get used to the idea the government will gain even more power over you. you are even more of a subject then a citizen and getting closer to being a slave to the government. 60% said no to the health care it passed. before that, the majority of people said no to the bail out and guess what? right the people were ignored then too. conclusion? congress with the president are ruling the people and this is no longer a government of the people, by the people and for the people but a government of the politation, by the politation, and for the politation!

“EEEEK ! ITS A LIBERAL !”

Since: Jan 10

Vallejo, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

GMB: I know what they are doing, I as well as a growing number of "subjects" nationwide am ready for war. We are long overdue, the people we elect need to be reminded of who they are supposed to "Obey". Thomas Jefferson and the other founding fathers was 100% correct in all their statements in regards to "government".

You need to re-take a lesson on spelling. Can't even spell a holes correctly -- Good gosh!
tramky

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2010

Does Valerie Brown drive to work--this job--in her own vehicle? If so then she should keep her yap shut.

This is another bureaucrat who has a useless job, sitting around trying to rationalize her position, a dubious one at best.

If Bropwn wants to get people out of their cars (though one can only wonder why that is a concern of hers), then she should take action to have the fares on mass transit cut in half or more. The ferries on the Bay, pretty much all of them, should have fares of $5 or $6 per person. If that were done every ferry trip would be full or nearly so.

While 4 can ride in a car from Vallejo to San Francisco for about $15, those same 4 people would have to blow $90 to ride on the BayLink Ferry.

And by the way, don't even ATTEMPT to propose that bridge tolls be raised to $20 to bring ferries & bridge tolls closer together--it has to work the OTHER way--less cost for the PEOPLE, not more cost.

Get it, Valerie?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sonoma County Discussions

Search the Sonoma County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Protest Erupts Over Slain Santa Rosa Teen Outsi... Jul 9 A Thought 2
Mom Arrested, Accused Of Leaving 2 Kids In Car ... Jul 1 B Benjamin 1
County educators worry about decision on teache... Jun '14 pd comments 1
Lake Mendocino critically low (Dec '13) Feb '14 Bragging One 32
Storm's wet furry targeted Mount Tamalpais Feb '14 CDo 1
Sebastopol considers opposing county fluoridati... Feb '14 Fluoridation Harmful 1
Miller guilty on all counts (Dec '13) Dec '13 another One 4
•••
•••