Vigils For Slain Boy Holding Rifle

Vigils For Slain Boy Holding Rifle

There are 14 comments on the NBC Bay Area story from Oct 24, 2013, titled Vigils For Slain Boy Holding Rifle. In it, NBC Bay Area reports that:

Two sheriff's deputies shot and killed a 13-year-old boy carrying a replica assault rifle -- who they say wouldn't drop it -- prompting outrage and grief in the typically quiet Northern California city of Santa Rosa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Bay Area.

Oaklander

Pleasanton, CA

#1 Oct 25, 2013
The outrage better be directed at the toy manufacturer who made a "toy" that looks like an assault rifle. With all the teenage mass shootings going on, you cannot blame the cops for shooting this kid when he failed to drop his realistic looking AK-47 "toy" after being commanded to do so. If, by chance, he doesn't understand English, then why the hell would his parents allow him to have an assault weapon "toy"???
stay in mexico

Honesdale, PA

#3 Oct 26, 2013
parents can now sue for millions and go back to whatever mexican crphole they came from...and have a dozen more mexican kids to sneak into usa.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Oct 27, 2013
stay in mexico wrote:
parents can now sue for millions and go back to whatever mexican crphole they came from...and have a dozen more mexican kids to sneak into usa.
How could parent's be so irresponsible, as to buy their teen, this real looking gun, and walk the streets?...They have themselves to blame....

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#5 Oct 27, 2013
Oaklander wrote:
The outrage better be directed at the toy manufacturer who made a "toy" that looks like an assault rifle.
WOW!!! The scary part is that there's more crazy people out there like you that can vote.

You really think the blame should directed at the manufacturer. For one it's not a toy, it's not sold in the you section at stores.

Put some responsibility on the parents for once dude, otherwise we're all doomed.
Oaklander

Pleasanton, CA

#6 Oct 28, 2013
Chavo del eight wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!!! The scary part is that there's more crazy people out there like you that can vote.

You really think the blame should directed at the manufacturer. For one it's not a toy, it's not sold in the you section at stores.

Put some responsibility on the parents for once dude, otherwise we're all doomed.
Yes the parents are to blame too. You do need to relax a little.

Location hidden

#7 Oct 28, 2013
Oaklander wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the parents are to blame too. You do need to relax a little.
LOL, I just can't believe you're that nutty to blame the manufacturer. You actually believe that... wow!
Oaklander

Pleasanton, CA

#8 Oct 29, 2013
Chavo del eight wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I just can't believe you're that nutty to blame the manufacturer. You actually believe that... wow!
Let's dissect this for a second. The manufacturer knowingly makes a "toy" that looks exactly like a real AK-47. They sell this "toy" for profit knowing that children will be running around pointing this "toy" at people while pretending to shoot and kill. Meanwhile the media over the years has reported numerous stories of other children being forcibly disarmed or shot by the police because the police can't tell these guns are "toys" because they are so realistic looking. Meanwhile there is an onslaught of mass murder incidents in our schools and streets by children armed with real firearms that look exactly like these "toys". But do the toy manufacturers take this into consideration when making these realistic "toy" assault rifles? No they don't, it would cut into their profits. Are the parents smart enough not to let their children run about in public with these assault rifles? No they are not. So yes my simple minded friend, the manufacturers are responsible, as well as the kid and his parents.

Location hidden

#9 Oct 29, 2013
Oaklander wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's dissect this for a second. The manufacturer knowingly makes a "toy" that looks exactly like a real AK-47. They sell this "toy" for profit knowing that children will be running around pointing this "toy" at people while pretending to shoot and kill. Meanwhile the media over the years has reported numerous stories of other children being forcibly disarmed or shot by the police because the police can't tell these guns are "toys" because they are so realistic looking. Meanwhile there is an onslaught of mass murder incidents in our schools and streets by children armed with real firearms that look exactly like these "toys". But do the toy manufacturers take this into consideration when making these realistic "toy" assault rifles? No they don't, it would cut into their profits. Are the parents smart enough not to let their children run about in public with these assault rifles? No they are not. So yes my simple minded friend, the manufacturers are responsible, as well as the kid and his parents.
Ahh, the stupidity of some people... let me explain. This "TOY" is not sold in the "TOY" section of stores. This sporting equipment is sold in the sporting goods section (because it's not a "TOY"), and >YOU< must be 18yrs or older to buy it. Hundreds of thousands of these Airsoft rifles have been sold in the US alone, and yes, just like paint ball guns there's going to be some people that are going to misuse them.

Maybe you should blame all the spray paint and marker manufacturers for all the graffiti too... geesh

You reason we have labels on products like "open container before consuming".

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 Oct 29, 2013
Making it look, just like an AK-47......I'm thinking, in the right U.S. Court.....there is a bit of manufacturer's liability, there......Though the parent's bear the most responsibility....

Location hidden

#12 Oct 29, 2013
People should blame fork and spoon manufacturers for making them fat... lol

Location hidden

#13 Oct 29, 2013
Fork and spoon manufacturers-

In the right U.S. Court, there is a bit of manufacturer's liability for making people fat... ha ha ha!!!

Location hidden

#15 Oct 29, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that be the Food Court ?
If it's in the right U.S. food Court then yes ;)
Oaklander

Pleasanton, CA

#16 Oct 29, 2013
Chavo del eight wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh, the stupidity of some people... let me explain. This "TOY" is not sold in the "TOY" section of stores. This sporting equipment is sold in the sporting goods section (because it's not a "TOY"), and >YOU< must be 18yrs or older to buy it. Hundreds of thousands of these Airsoft rifles have been sold in the US alone, and yes, just like paint ball guns there's going to be some people that are going to misuse them.

Maybe you should blame all the spray paint and marker manufacturers for all the graffiti too... geesh

You reason we have labels on products like "open container before consuming".
OK, let's use your argument that it is not a toy. Since you say it's more than a toy and is actually a sporting rifle, sounds like the cop did the right thing when the kid failed to obey the cops commands to drop it. I thank you for pointing this out to us all.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 29, 2013
Oaklander wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, let's use your argument that it is not a toy. Since you say it's more than a toy and is actually a sporting rifle, sounds like the cop did the right thing when the kid failed to obey the cops commands to drop it. I thank you for pointing this out to us all.
Ahhh.... simpletons

Gracias compadre ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sonoma County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sonoma County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Rec... Sep '16 Nick 2
News Gelhaus gets a promotion after getting away wit... Aug '16 thomas ward 1
News Donate to the Upcoming Musical Instrument Drive (May '16) May '16 Julie Jane 1
News Brewpub Replacing Old Mexico in Santa Rosa (Apr '16) Apr '16 KAREN 1
News State orders audit of Marin family court (Jul '09) Apr '16 Hue Jass 870
News Poverty increasing for Latinos in Sonoma County (Dec '15) Dec '15 wild child 3
News Seasonal workers flock to California to process... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Here Is One 1
More from around the web