Guy Dies in Jail Cell After Guards Ignore His Allergies

Nov 7, 2013 Full story: WHLO-AM Akron 63

Michael Saffioti was in Washington's Snohomish County Jail on a minor marijuana possession charge - the 22-year-old had actually turned himself in.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“frequently laughing”

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#63 Nov 11, 2013
modernhippie wrote:
<quoted text>
My impression Grace, is that he did. By informing others that he was allergic to dairy and being told that the oatmeal was safe, he probably thought that it was free from dairy. Most oatmeal served in institutions such as schools, hospitals and prisons are made free of anything except oatmeal and water. Not only because of allergies but also because many people are diabetic and can't have sugar. They are given the option of milk, sweetener etc. Less for being catering but for safety. It seems to me that the system dropped the ball at every possible turn and should pay for his life and for illegally lying about the video tapes. They had him there to punish him for his crime and broke the law to cover their own butts.
That is interesting. I would have assumed they used instant oatmeal, it usually has whey in it.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#64 Nov 11, 2013
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what I thought. But on other things it might matter. Like littering. You might not be charged with littering on your own property, though you might still be charged with something else. If I'm not mistaken, if you own the property, then you are not legally considered to be littering. However, you would if the trash leaves the premises (like a wrapper getting sucked out a car window or a gust blowing trash out of your yard into the street or another yard). And there would be a whole other set of violations, like zoning and property appearance laws, fire code, etc.
that is a judgement of local laws.... like tinted windows on a car....must be light enough for an officer to see in.. A officer it may be ok/B officer it may be illegal

“Stop libel and bullying.”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#66 Nov 11, 2013
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>That is interesting. I would have assumed they used instant oatmeal, it usually has whey in it.
Yes, but they look for cost-saving measures and the least liability. They can get inmates to take the extra time to cook the stuff too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snohomish County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Body recovered from Snohomish County lake Jan 27 amonblack 4
Free tax preparation available starting on Jan. 20 Jan 19 Zach 1
Baby formula on black markets results in Mill C... Dec '14 name 1
Sheriff: Woman stabs neighbor in stomach during... (Jul '14) Aug '14 Other Neighbor 2
Inmate dies this morning at Snohomish County Jail (Jan '14) Jun '14 Elisee 2
Front Porch: Discounted winter helmets offered ... (Nov '12) Jan '14 BoHawg 2
Granite Falls HS student arrested for threats (Jan '14) Jan '14 anonymous 1
More from around the web