Fires gutting 3 homes might be 'ecoterrorism' | NEWS | Ashevill...

Fires gutted three multimillion-dollar model homes in a Seattle suburb on Monday, and authorities found a sign purportedly left by eco-terrorists that mocks claims that the homes were environmentally friendly. Read more
AVL Native

Conover, NC

#1 Mar 3, 2008
When they catch these guys, I hope they use "green" punishment techniques on them.

Bamboo reeds shoved under their fingernails; pine cones & pineapples shoved up their butts, etc.
That should be interesting!
ncbengal

Statesboro, GA

#2 Mar 3, 2008
ELF is mostly confined to the Left Coast, where they are respected and not condemned by the liberal establishment. However, there are groups closer by that have contributed to some of their causes, not the least of which are PETA and other animal rights groups.

Since: Feb 08

Lincolnton, NC

#3 Mar 3, 2008
Setting fire to homes is a left-wing conspiracy to create global warming. And destroy precious plants and shrubs nearby.

Since: Feb 07

Ashevegas

#4 Mar 3, 2008
I have overheard conversations downtown, in the last few years that sounded like the people involved wanted to do the same thing here, but lacked the resolve, or resources. With all the odd types attracted to this area, it would not surprise me if we don't see some of this type of fires here too.
JohnOrion

United States

#6 Mar 3, 2008
4200-4750 sq. ft. isn't huge? These "McMansions" are pretty near obscene. The "green" label on those building products is largely just advertising and a way to assuage whatever guilt (if any) the new owners might feel at buying a house that used enough resources to house 5 families anywhere else in the world.
MoshPit

United States

#7 Mar 4, 2008
What next for the tree hugging hippies??? Starting forest fires in areas slated for logging operations??
Hiker

AOL

#8 Mar 4, 2008
I know I'd like to torch a few things here, and I'm a Republican, not a hippie.
Cornbread1

Washington, DC

#9 Mar 4, 2008
If you don't like a house that someone else has worked to build then it is certainly your right to burn it down.

Its your right.
Cornbread1

Washington, DC

#10 Mar 4, 2008
However, if I work hard enough to build a big house and some clown pedals by and decides that my house looks too big for his taste and decides to burn it down, then I have the right to kill him/her.

And as far as people around here considering it but lacking the "resources and resolve" to do it, resources would be a gallon of gas and resolve would be a set of balls. Some Kevlar would be a good idea too.
Truckin

United States

#11 Mar 4, 2008
I'd have no problem placing some well positioned lead projectiles into an arsonist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snohomish County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Darrington man, 49, accused of sex with teen ru... Feb '15 agreed 1
News Free tax preparation available starting on Jan. 20 Feb '15 Jason Strong 2
News Body recovered from Snohomish County lake Jan '15 amonblack 4
Baby formula on black markets results in Mill C... Dec '14 name 1
News Sheriff: Woman stabs neighbor in stomach during... (Jul '14) Aug '14 Other Neighbor 2
News Inmate dies this morning at Snohomish County Jail (Jan '14) Jun '14 Elisee 2
News Front Porch: Discounted winter helmets offered ... (Nov '12) Jan '14 BoHawg 2
More from around the web