Fire destroys former school in Concrete

Fire destroys former school in Concrete

There are 3 comments on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer story from Apr 27, 2008, titled Fire destroys former school in Concrete. In it, Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that:

A building that once housed an elementary school was destroyed by a spectacular fire Sunday in the small Skagit County town of Concrete. via Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

watson

Tacoma, WA

#1 Apr 28, 2008
i was shocked to see this on the local news yesterday, and still am. I was just up there visiting family on the 20th, and got a "nice" picture of that place, or as nice of one as you could.

When I was younger i always imagined buying that building and remodeling it. Guess I missed my chance.
LindaChaff-Style s

United States

#2 May 25, 2008
I am absolutely devastated. I grew up in Concrete and went to the school. My Auntie and I just visited Concrete recently and took pictures of the schoolhouse. I have very fond memories. I am working in Washington state and someone told me about this and I just couldn't believe it.
Linda Chaff
[email protected]
stained concrete

Srivilliputtur, India

#3 Jul 21, 2011
Many security safes come with holes through the bottom from the inside, that you can secure it to the floor with. I myself have a medium size "SentrySafe" that I picked up from either Home Depot or Lowes (I can't remember), which has the mounting holes. The instructions for the safes also provide information on mounting them by bolt.
In order to secure it, you'll need to drill into the floor. In order to drill into the concrete, you'll need a hammer drill, but you can rent them from most hardware stores (such as Home Depot).
[url=http://decorativeconcrete rc.com]stained concrete[/url]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skagit County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Skagit County judge: Public hospitals must prov... Jun 25 GEF 1
S 3rd St (Apr '14) Apr '14 Stephanie 1
News Trooper: Stolen car runs out of gas in middle o... (Feb '14) Feb '14 StickHead 1
News Armed suspect in Bellingham carjacking remains ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 RuthA 1
News Couple seek return of seized horses (Jun '12) Jun '12 Anonymous 1
Cascade Brewery/Alehouse (Dec '08) Feb '12 fsw 11
Looking for work vehicle please help. (Jun '11) Jun '11 Cal working man 1
More from around the web