Will ballot-challenge warfare be wage...

Will ballot-challenge warfare be waged again? Even with new rules, it's complicated

There are 10 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 27, 2010, titled Will ballot-challenge warfare be waged again? Even with new rules, it's complicated. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Those words were the bane of scores of county workers statewide two years ago this month, as campaign volunteers for Al Franken and Norm Coleman fanned out around the state during the largest hand recount in American history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Just Wrong

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Nov 27, 2010
If people won't inform themselves on the right way to vote, they're vote shouldn't count. Any ballot that has ANYTHING other then a oval filled in, or a name written in correctly, should be thrown out. Grow up people!!!!
Just Wrong

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Nov 27, 2010
"their", sorry, my mistake
Been There

Mission, TX

#5 Nov 27, 2010
Pioneer press, get your facts straight. Read the last sentence.....who is trailing who? I thought Emmer was behind.
Truth

Carol Stream, IL

#6 Nov 27, 2010
All these discussions and proceedings should be televised so the voters can have trust and faith in the system and the people running it.

Or not.
Michael

Saint Joseph, MN

#7 Nov 27, 2010
Why does the state continue to push these controversial election results to the back burner. It should never happen that we have more voters than registered voters. These problems have to be fixed. Why do we not need to show identification at the polls? They say it isn't fair to senior who don't have drivers license. Do they not show up with I.D. when they get their prescriptions? Mark Ritchie please for once put your political views aside and do YOU JOB !!
Martha

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Nov 27, 2010
People are so ticked off because mark ritchie and the rest of the cheating ILK took the election from Norm Coleman and gave it to franken WHO IS A JOKE!!

We are not going to let that happen again with their BS!!
Betty in Shoreview

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Nov 27, 2010
You had better correct the last statement in this story. The fact is that Emmer trails Dayton. I hope to see that tomorrow. Maybe even the editors don't read to the end of a story.
Ritchie should go

Elk River, MN

#10 Nov 27, 2010
Betty in Shoreview wrote:
You had better correct the last statement in this story. The fact is that Emmer trails Dayton. I hope to see that tomorrow. Maybe even the editors don't read to the end of a story.
Betty, I wouldn't be surprised if Dayton did trail Emmer. The voting process under Ritchie is filled with such corruption, nobody knows if their vote really counted on election night. We need to show an ID to vote and that should resolve all the major fraud issues in this state. Ritchie needs to resign and let someone who really cares about a fair election step up and take over.
bruiser2

Lakeville, MN

#11 Nov 27, 2010
Repeat after me, 1 for Emmer and 2 for Dayton and 1 for Emmer and 3 for Dayton. An extra vote here and an extra vote there. This is how we get far left politicians installed in office in Minnesota.
Wabasha Bubba

Clear Lake, MN

#12 Nov 27, 2010
Ritchie should go wrote:
<quoted text>
Betty, I wouldn't be surprised if Dayton did trail Emmer. The voting process under Ritchie is filled with such corruption, nobody knows if their vote really counted on election night. We need to show an ID to vote and that should resolve all the major fraud issues in this state. Ritchie needs to resign and let someone who really cares about a fair election step up and take over.
I guess you are calling the hard working volunteers who run our elections corrupt? These people (they are from all party affilliations) put in hours and hours of hard work to make the elections fair. What do they get? People like you that all they can do is complain about the greatest election system in the world.To bad, you probably didn't even vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sherburne County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Big Lake officer embroiled in department contro... (Sep '08) Oct '17 sheila christenson 33
News Elk River pastor charged (Jan '11) Jun '17 Andrew 1,606
News Moving forward with natural gas, renewable energy (Mar '17) Mar '17 Solarman 3
missing 2yr old camping (May '16) May '16 Gypsy_rose2 1
News Princeton Children Found Starving Will Not Retu... (Mar '15) Mar '15 DILF 2
News Man Sent To Jail After 6 Hour Standoff (Jul '07) Jun '14 Kevin J 6
News Detention: Yet another immigration policy in ne... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dee Dee Dee 3
More from around the web