Tattoo shop murder suspects indicted

There are 66 comments on the Bartlett Express story from Dec 13, 2007, titled Tattoo shop murder suspects indicted. In it, Bartlett Express reports that:

“Based on evidence that came out after the arrest of the defendants and additional evidence acquired during the investigation, the grand jury returned with an indictment of rape against Jeremy Young.”

Four men have been indicted on charges of murder in connection with the July shooting death of a female tattoo artist. via Bartlett Express

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bartlett Express.

Bucc

United States

#48 Apr 15, 2012
They should kill dat dude he aint have kill she was helpin him on tatts dat guy went to woodale n oakhaven wit me n some wrong wit him
Jon

Oneonta, NY

#49 Apr 19, 2012
Erica you are a moron. Rape and murder and you don't like he deserves the death penalty. You are one ignorant human being.
Erica wrote:
I dont feel that the suspect Jeremy Young should get sentenced to the death penalty. The reason why I say that is because the victim was trading her work for drugs. If that was not the case I believe the situation would not have happened. True enough what he did was wrong and he should get punished but not that severely. People are killing each other everyday and they are getting lesser sentences. What makes this one so different?
lashaquiellia

Arlington, TX

#50 Apr 20, 2012
stupid monkey
TruthBringer

Milford, MI

#51 Apr 20, 2012
Sure get rid of the guns that will do the trick. Criminals will always be able to get their hands on them so the best thing to do is clearly to not allow people to be armed and able to defend themselves. Real Genius indeed.

Look at the Irish, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, and Italians too name a few. When they came to this country they were opressed, held back, and looked down upon. Many Chinese were slave labor to the Railroads as were the blacks in the South. What did they do? Did they turn to violence and cry " We're not treated fairly"? No they decided to better themselves and educate themselves and fit in to our society.

I live in Detroit, the most segreghated city in America, where the Detroit School District graduates a WHOPPING 25% of their students. It's not White America holding the Blacks back it's themselves. Young Black youth in the area, as I assume is probably a nationwide cultural issue, are made fun of for wanting an education and labeled as "Uncle Tom's" for wanting the "White Man's" education. How foolhardy is this!? It's not the White Man's education it's YOUR education. Everyone needs an education to have a rightful chance to succeed in this world. Drop this oppression issue and better yourselves at every turn. Don't support this "Thug/Rap/Hip-Hop" culture that glorifies violence and berates education.

Perhaps if you did you'd see that in the 1860's blacks had the right to vote and hold office. 16 Black Senators and over 600 held State Office.

Hayes, a Republican, lost the popular vote in 1876 but assumed the presidency after considerable controversy and negotiation. The Electoral College gave him a one-vote edge over his Democratic opponent, but Democrats challenged the decision on grounds that some states submitted two sets of returns.

Facing the possibility the country would be left without a president, both parties considered taking the office by force.

But in the end, the Republicans struck a secret deal with Southern Democrats in Congress, who agreed not to dispute the Hayes victory in exchange for a promise to end Reconstruction and withdraw federal troops from the South.

Hayes made good on the deal. He swiftly ended Reconstruction and pulled federal troops out of the last two occupied states, South Carolina and Louisiana.

And yet you flock to the Democrats because they bought your vote with a "free check" Welfare. If you embrace those who took away your rght to vote and fought for slavery so easily why not give up this "White Oppression" theory, pick yourselves up by your bootstraps, and stop embracing this culture of violence and ignorance ( disdain for education)!
Charles

Redmond, WA

#52 Apr 20, 2012
Erica wrote:
I dont feel that the suspect Jeremy Young should get sentenced to the death penalty. The reason why I say that is because the victim was trading her work for drugs. If that was not the case I believe the situation would not have happened. True enough what he did was wrong and he should get punished but not that severely. People are killing each other everyday and they are getting lesser sentences. What makes this one so different?
Bitch, you must be smoking crack and trading that sorry ass of yours for sex!!! Are you trying to rationalize that it was okay for that boy young to execute & rape Chianne because she was doing something wrong and therefore his crimes are less severe?!?!!? GET OFF YOUR CRACK PIPE HO!!!!!!!
Jen

Ashland, KY

#53 Apr 20, 2012
chocolatebytch wrote:
First Of All U Sorry Azz ,People In This World Need 2 Wake The Fuck Even Tho They All Was BLACK. DON'T GIVE NONE Of Yo PUNK AZZ PEOPLE The Right 2 DISRESPECT THE BLACK RACE. FUCK U & YO MAMA !!!!! YES IT WAS WRONG OF THEM ALL TO DO WHAT THEY DONE. HOWEVER THAT FOR GOD TO DECIDE NOT YOU. IT HAPPENED AND THEY WILL GET WHAT THEY GOT COMING , BUT TO ADD SOMETHING LIKE RAPE, THAT WAS NOT EVER ONCE MENTION ON THE FIRST 48. IT JUST CRAZY TO ME, BUT I LOVE THAT SHOW NOW IT , MAKES ME THINK IF I WOULD EVER WATCH IT AGAIN. BASED ON THIS CASE, AGAINST THESE AFRICAN AMERICANS.....<quoted text>
Hunny, re-read what they said! They said it was never mentioned on First 48 (like him this is how I found out about this). If you read previous posts, OTHER people mentioned rape. I don't think he was accusing it. However, the media does only include what they want you to know. That is all he was saying. Also, what is all this talk about "your people"? You mean Americans, right? A color doesn't define people, their actions do! I believe all the people makings statements, i.e. "Apes", "hang them", etc., about the "black men" who set this up, are ignorant! They are doing their time for their crime! RACIAL COMMENTS HAVE NOT SHIT TO DO WITH THE CRIME COMMITTED HERE! BE REAL! While, I might say that she shouldn't have been doing drugs or whatever the case may be.. she was still murdered! That's the real matter here! Whether it be a white man murdering a black woman or a chinese man murdering a hispanic woman.. it is STILL wrong! When someone is murdered.. no matter the race of the victim or suspect... everyone should come together instead of pointing fingers at skin color!!
Katie

Wapakoneta, OH

#54 Apr 24, 2012
Ewwww to the racist comments. Seriously its 2012 people, time move on, choose another class to hate for no reason if you must, cause hating blacks is played out! Its a shame that you're reason for speaking down to a whole race of people is just to show your superiority, but what it ends up doing is taking our race down a notch. So stopit, douchebags. You all look stupid for this. Side note: it always kills me how people are racist ONLINE. Cause its easier to be a bad ass when there's no chance for repercussions, eh?

This case is terrible all the way around. He's a cold blooded killer and should do life. No question about it.

But seriously. Stop the hate.
Katie

Wapakoneta, OH

#55 Apr 24, 2012
Erich wrote:
Will someone please translate what these thugs are trying to say? Seriously-learn how to spell and prove that you're capable of being more than the fathers you don't have.
Little punks.
So what are you trying to say? That poor grammar is worse than your hateful ignorance? Hardly, dipshit
Katie

Wapakoneta, OH

#56 Apr 24, 2012
Theyre monkeys wrote:
Theyre monkeys and should no way be shown any mercy. You too Dre you ignorant hypocrite. "My brother was tellin the truth a/b not intending to take her life. Their plan wuz to get the tattoos and take their bars back and Chica attempted to fight for her life. Not tryin to defend my brother but personally I would've given the drugs back, but at the same time I think I would've tried to take the gun too if given the opportunity. "
are you kidding me? ya, her fault for not giving up what was hers, might as well rape her and kill her to get them. I love how these comments show how ignorant toads are.
"Monkeys?"..."H ow ignorant Toads are?"...
Damn dude, don't u have a clan meeting to get to?
Your mom shoulda used a longer coat hanger.
julio

Spring, TX

#57 Apr 26, 2012
Erica wrote:
if i were to shoot and rape your sister because your weak sister that liked to pop a couple of pills, trusted me to be around her at her tatoo shop, i would be bet 100% that you would want me dead so please keep you empathetic comments that have no merit to yourself, comments like that make me a nd others realize how freaking selfish you are
julio

Spring, TX

#59 Apr 26, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Monkeys?"..."H ow ignorant Toads are?"...
Damn dude, don't u have a clan meeting to get to?
Your mom shoulda used a longer coat hanger.
my bike
i dont care if its a kilo or a pound of heroind or 10$ or a cd, no one has the right to use a gun to rob and rape because they act like a monkey is the correct term ani9mals are monkeys, animals do stuff like that, she did not creat the dangerous situation, he did, just like trevonn if u punch me because i approached you about being in front of my block, because some clown stole my, i will smoke his ass if my life is in danger, simple aman in stafford tx was walking out of buffete with family, a bum approaches the mans family asking for money the drunk got to close to the little girl the father moved the man from being to close, the bum tried to punch the father, he tripped on his daughter and hit his head on the edge od the stopping block he died 3 days later, so can a punch be considered deadly, lets ask the widow and the bastard daughter because the deadman cant, talk.
julio

Spring, TX

#60 Apr 26, 2012
everytime is approach some guy thats walking in my neighbor hood , at 2 in the morning, this is how it goes hey amigo do you need help, nah man, oh okay why,, oh because some punk stole my bike and my neighbors tool out of his truck at night, im just trying to protect my stuff, the street aint yours, yeah but when i call the cops they dont come, and i dont want to lie to the cops and say something thats not true, the porchmonkey says f u rent a cop thats what you get for leaving your stuff by your front door, or whats it to you thats not your tools mind your buiss essay, wetback, or mexican, so i say what ni r what you call me i wanna fight now you cant call me that then i let them know if you hit me your not walking away, so let me guess its my fdault for leaving stuff in my yard, so please give me namee that describes a rat that staels at night that is a hypocrite that blames the world cause he is black, i have many colored friend and they dont act like that!!
julio

Spring, TX

#61 Apr 26, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you trying to say? That poor grammar is worse than your hateful ignorance? Hardly, dipshit
thats right its 2012 your simple thinking doesnt require me to spell correctly, im actually impressed with your thinking you can correct my spelling, you dont desrve my full attention, i could use spell check but im not a poser, and i didnt steal this computer and i will never shoot my buddy dave and lindsey for any deal that i make with them. that shows the true character of the person, remember god and the mirror know the truth so regardless of what u say when u look in the mirror u know im right
julio

Spring, TX

#62 Apr 26, 2012
when ever somebody you love becomes a victim of a violent crime, u will think different, but lets call each other names cun t, i mean cut sorry i cant spell i mean cutie
julio

Spring, TX

#63 Apr 26, 2012
Dollar Bill wrote:
You're obviously a piece of shit too, Dre. At least you're in the right state to get what murderers truly deserve- the big send off; the needle. By the way, xanax has been around for several years & I haven't heard of anyone being addicted to it. All it does is make people sleepy...that's not the 'hi' that addicts crave.
.....i think im gonna go rob and rape my friends wife because he did my tats and i know him personally so i know he trust me, instead of going to work for the little company that i own, that makes me about 400$ a day, then im gonna blame him for trusting me, and i dont care a debt of money doesnt justify taking someones life so, people that think different thats me waving at you on the prison transport bus,, i guess obama gave up when he realized he was black, a powerful moral character blinds any color and the the bottom line!?!?!?!?!?
julio

Spring, TX

#64 Apr 26, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
i do feel shameful when i use the n word, i feel like im being 2 face i will say that when i first went to new orleans to work 3 months after katrina i didnt think much of the black people, i almost started using that word, but after being there 2 years i started calling the white people the n word but at the end of the day no matter how you do the math 2 negatives never make a positive, when ever i hear people talking bad about new orleans i try to share my experience with them, because the truth is people of all colors exploit their positions of leadership, and unfortunately white people run the country
julio

Spring, TX

#65 Apr 26, 2012
the sad truth is we forget that the devil influences us to do bad things, i know im not perfect, but im learning that when i make god smile the devils frowns, ill put my faith in god cause at the end of the day he must love us , we are here to have this discussion, so i say lord forgive me for my bitterness and god bless all of you i truly wish that you may have a blessed life, and nobody will bring you the pain of murder it hurts forever!!!
Brindy

Los Angeles, CA

#66 Jul 9, 2012
Theyre monkeys wrote:
Theyre monkeys and should no way be shown any mercy. You too Dre you ignorant hypocrite. "My brother was tellin the truth a/b not intending to take her life. Their plan wuz to get the tattoos and take their bars back and Chica attempted to fight for her life. Not tryin to defend my brother but personally I would've given the drugs back, but at the same time I think I would've tried to take the gun too if given the opportunity. "
are you kidding me? ya, her fault for not giving up what was hers, might as well rape her and kill her to get them. I love how these comments show how ignorant toads are.
He was telling the truth?! Right...
He knew he was caught and decides to confess. Before that he tried to come up with a different story. He needs to be in jail the rest of his life. Death row is an easy way out. My heart goes out to the babies she leer behind.
Oh Wth

Hurst, TX

#67 Sep 8, 2012
Erich wrote:
That little bastard should get death and should be executed right away. We need to send a message to these little thugs: KILL AND BE KILLED.
These kids think life is some kind of game.
As far as Erica is concerned, drugs shouldn't matter one bit. The woman was killed-bottom line.
Bye bye "J Roc"... Stupid name.. Why do all these gang bangers have nicknames? Stupid.
You are not God and will never be this guy was offered this horrible sentence Because he is black. The white guy who killed an African American City of Memphis worker was only given 15 years. She had a drug problem and so did J Roc.. Oh and the white guy I guess would be considered a Thug too they just forgot to give him a Damn Nick name...
HOEDAD

Mabank, TX

#68 Sep 28, 2012
Live by the sword,and die by the sword.MOTHER JUSTICE has prevailed in this case.ROC will die in prison,and then meet his LORD for more Justice.
I have empathy for his mother,father,and family.They have lost a son forever.They will grow old,and die out here,and he will grow old,and die in prison.NO WINNERS HERE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelby County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shelby County maps out 911 locations (Aug '12) Mar '15 reader 4
News Mayor Luttrell, Health Officials Talk Ebola Res... (Nov '14) Nov '14 trip555 2
News Paul Dean And Adam Moss Selected For Tennessee ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 tea party rulez 1
civil matter speech (Jun '14) Jun '14 shelby county she... 1
News Former Millington Mayor Charged With Bribery (Mar '12) Apr '14 Lmbbml 11
News State briefs: Woman who was shot in church dies... (Feb '14) Feb '14 david 2
News Gang vandalism in Cordova raises safety concerns (Feb '14) Feb '14 Johnnie Cagle 1
More from around the web