Shelbyville police officer not indict...

Shelbyville police officer not indicted in death of 18-year-old

There are 41 comments on the WAVE-TV Louisville story from Jan 4, 2012, titled Shelbyville police officer not indicted in death of 18-year-old. In it, WAVE-TV Louisville reports that:

SHELBYVILLE, KY - A Shelby County grand jury has declined to indict the Shelbyville police officer who shot and killed 18-year-old Trey Williams.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVE-TV Louisville.

Thunderbolt

Louisville, KY

#22 Oct 29, 2012
Sad But True wrote:
I saw Trey hitting Willoughby on the video considering the camera on the tazer points at the suspect and not at the person using the tazer. I never knew Trey and personally I am happy that I didnt and have only met both officers a couple of times and both seemed like good people.
First they are not my police, second we must have viewed two different videos and third, blacks do look like monkeys in the face.
I am a white man and not racist but from the facts that I have seen and testimony I heard Marcum had no choice but to do what she did.
Two different videos you say.Ya know,,,that crossed my mind,,,immediately after posting my last post to you.Seemed obvious to me that something existed that I haven't saw,seen,or looked at yet.However,,,reasoning that if such a video did exist that vindicated either or both of these officers of wrong doing on that tragic morning,,,then we all most assuredly,,,would have seen it by now.So,,,until I've seen the video you've saw,,,and you've seen the video I've seen,,,I hope you'll forgive me if I don't trust your judgment.Godspeed either way bro'.Rarely do any two men on the planet see anything the same way,,,though many will agree on a point,,,simply because it's easier than war.Makes me curious as to where we stand.
Thunderbolt

Louisville, KY

#23 Oct 29, 2012
Sad But True wrote:
I saw Trey hitting Willoughby on the video considering the camera on the tazer points at the suspect and not at the person using the tazer. I never knew Trey and personally I am happy that I didnt and have only met both officers a couple of times and both seemed like good people.
First they are not my police, second we must have viewed two different videos and third, blacks do look like monkeys in the face.
I am a white man and not racist but from the facts that I have seen and testimony I heard Marcum had no choice but to do what she did.
To give credit where it's due though,me,my boss-man(who is not of either race,and most of the black dudes I know,all seem to be in agreeance about black men who resemble monkeys.It seems that the majority of black men from mid teens to mid thirties jump around with their britches hangin around their knees,their hands on their stick,,,and holla'ing just like monkeys,,,showing a very strong resemblance.So just to clear something up,turning my back on those officers,,,,doesn't necessarily mean that I support that.Straight up,if society gives your guys a free pass on that,,,next week it will be me.The week after that,,,it will be you.Think it through.
Sad But True

United States

#24 Oct 29, 2012
I feel for all involved and if the police was wrong then God will deal with them and if Trey was wrong then God will deal with him. Lets just hope everyone involved can learn a lesson from this sad but true event.
Andy Taylor

Louisville, KY

#25 Oct 30, 2012
Sad But True wrote:
I feel for all involved and if the police was wrong then God will deal with them and if Trey was wrong then God will deal with him. Lets just hope everyone involved can learn a lesson from this sad but true event.
lesson wasn't hardly learned by the shelbyville police dept. they will still do aqs they do if you all would look up the history on them and you will find it over and over. It's always been that way and there has been a lot of good people that was killed by them or beat to a pulp. I will admit that the world is getting out of hand.
But you all are blind and deaf if you think they treated and handled it in a right way. Cops up there think they can get away with just about anything they choose to do. Heck they are the Law.
and we can only say yes sir and No sir. If the tables were turned would have still turned out the same? No it wouldn't. I am done with this. if you all agree with the fuzz than you are in the same boat as they are. Good luck to all the blind and deaf people on here.
Sad But True

United States

#26 Oct 30, 2012
Name one other time a police officer in Shelbyville has had to kill a perp because of his actions? You are obvious black and predujuiced against white people and police. Your rap sheet must be 10 feet long and you have been in and out of the criminal sysyem all of your life.
If you answer them yes sir and no sir then you are obviously scared of them. I answer yep or nope, never sir or ma'am to any of them when I am at a road block or checkpoint.
Prove the police are killing and beating people or just go away.
jojo

Louisville, KY

#27 Oct 30, 2012
andy taylor if you saw the video then you would see they followed all the right steps. they did know and yell several times letting whoever that was in the house know who was there. if a person wants to drink off the clock who gives a sh#t. alcohol is legal! sad tragedy for both the officers and trey but trey was not in the right state of mind and he could have possibly taken one or both of the officers lives in the blink of an eye so you need to shut your dumbass mouth cos what is coming out of it makes no sense.
Andy Taylor

Louisville, KY

#28 Oct 31, 2012
jojo wrote:
andy taylor if you saw the video then you would see they followed all the right steps. they did know and yell several times letting whoever that was in the house know who was there. if a person wants to drink off the clock who gives a sh#t. alcohol is legal! sad tragedy for both the officers and trey but trey was not in the right state of mind and he could have possibly taken one or both of the officers lives in the blink of an eye so you need to shut your dumbass mouth cos what is coming out of it makes no sense.
Jo Jo Now lets say that when they approached the house why not lay await and figure out what is going on before charging in. And you say he was not in a right mind well the officers was in there right mind and should have when about that in another way. And what was Trey some kind of killing machine,Maybe trained killer. Please! JoJo i think your a BlowBlow for cops and your wrong. They all want to rush in on every situation. Unless they really know what is going their is no reason to rush in and they should have made theirselves known before they entered. And whats a matter? truth hurts about the ones protecting all the people in Shelbyville HuH. You must be a drunker too. Now lets just say she should be staying home and getting drunk if she chooses to. Instead of being in everyones eyes. I'm sure you drink with her and others. I really think that she should never had a firearm. And others on their as well. Barney material. ALL TRUE STUFF I took barney's gun away from him years ago. I gave him a fake one and the 1 bullet was dude anyway. That is what i would do to these so called officers.
Sad But True

United States

#29 Oct 31, 2012
According to neighbors they did knock and announce they was police and fearing it could be a home invasion they entered the home where they was attacked by a younger, stronger male who struck Willoughby numerous times and when he was tazed 6 times and kept striking the officer Marcum in fear of her and her partners life shot the subject several times.
Still waiting on your proof that cops in Shelbyville kill people all the time. I cant wait all year for you.
Is it true you was a hoho for the police?
Andy Taylor

Louisville, KY

#30 Oct 31, 2012
Sad But True wrote:
According to neighbors they did knock and announce they was police and fearing it could be a home invasion they entered the home where they was attacked by a younger, stronger male who struck Willoughby numerous times and when he was tazed 6 times and kept striking the officer Marcum in fear of her and her partners life shot the subject several times.
Still waiting on your proof that cops in Shelbyville kill people all the time. I cant wait all year for you.
Is it true you was a hoho for the police?
Just saying when they approached the house and spoke out loud to let someone know that they was their. All younger kids keep ear devices so they can listen to their music and saying what if he couldn't hear them. Maybe from listening to music to loud and then again maybe he just thought it was the TV just playing. But when they entered and when they scared the shit out of him he just reacted with OH shit i don't know who the hell it is and started protecting his self since that was his family house and what i saw is they charged in on him and he acted in defense. I guess any of you all could see it any other way. But i think how i would have acted if i would have been in his shoes. You all may disagree with me but thats why everyone is not the same. Need a name What about Butch Macray? check it out. I have more names but then we are just getting away from the point. And that is they should have treated this situation another way. and the way it was handled was wrong. And End result is A Dead Young Man. But you want to compare a pipe to a gun HUMMMMMM the gun will win every time. Why not back off when he started swinging a pipe. Thats like the cops killing the old man down town Lou. when he had a BOX cutter in his hand. TUFF COPS That is part of being a Cop sometimes you may have to fight your way through and not always reach for the gun. If everyone was a cop than it would be differnt Huh! And something else is to remember is that don't think that they are going to look out for each other in every way.
judge dred

Lexington, KY

#31 Oct 31, 2012
we are trained in deadly force and we use it when we have to. But yes i would have done if another way and i would have been like rambo and i would have been behind the door watching him and seeing what the heck he was doing before i would scared him. He could have been doing drugs than heck yes i would have shot him then. Kids better fear this if they do drugs then you may be shot. Don't Do Drugs ! Bang Bang!
Sad But True

United States

#32 Nov 1, 2012
He wasnt listening to music and he simply wanted to start more trouble like he had previously by hitting co workers, trying to fight at the courts behind the family activity center and earlier the same day of his death he was at a pizza joint beating on cars. The family needs to release the autopsy reports and let us see what was in his system. That alone could explain his violent outbreaks!!!!
Andy Taylor

Louisville, KY

#33 Nov 2, 2012
Sad But True wrote:
He wasnt listening to music and he simply wanted to start more trouble like he had previously by hitting co workers, trying to fight at the courts behind the family activity center and earlier the same day of his death he was at a pizza joint beating on cars. The family needs to release the autopsy reports and let us see what was in his system. That alone could explain his violent outbreaks!!!!
I may seem blunt when i made the statement and yes i wasn't there but i do think there is other ways instead of killing and i know that sometimes it just happens becasue their is no other way. but why not just el-kaboon him over the head. or just simply shoot a person so they can't run or swing ther arms. It would just take 1 shot not 5-6 it's like they have to shoot until their is no way they can live. Did he deserve to die? because he may have done some kind of drug? Now i have been around some and it just does't seem like drugs would make you react like that. Sorry I have to think he may have had problems going on his life and events in his life could have triggerd outburst since that age is when you are faced with becoming an adult and girl issues could also played into it. Yes i can go on and on about why he didn't have to die.But i am only 1 person and i look at life where no one needs to die. I own a lot of guns and i was raised with them always being used and stored in every cornor of the room. I respect them but mostly they can kill and they are used to kill when fired by the police. She could have shot his arm and leg,shoulder,foot,knee,elbow,h and, jsut not them deadly spots. I hope you can see my veiw of it and respect mine.
Thunderbolt

Erlanger, KY

#34 Nov 2, 2012
Sad But True wrote:
What he done in his past or what he was on relates in absolutely no way whatsoever to two overzealous officers torturing and killing him in his grand-ma's house.Unless of course you factor in that his past behavior is exactly why they did it.In short,regardless of what kind of crumb he may have been,,,it didn't justify how it was handled.
Andy Taylor

Louisville, KY

#35 Nov 2, 2012
Thunderbolt wrote:
<quoted text>What he done in his past or what he was on relates in absolutely no way whatsoever to two overzealous officers torturing and killing him in his grand-ma's house.Unless of course you factor in that his past behavior is exactly why they did it.In short,regardless of what kind of crumb he may have been,,,it didn't justify how it was handled.
I agree with you Thunder and i think more people feels the same way
It will only be brushed under the rug for the men and women in blue so they can feel better about killing the way they have done. It really could have been treated another way. It would have been better to have him disabled compared to dead.
Thunderbolt

Erlanger, KY

#36 Nov 2, 2012
Andy Taylor wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you Thunder and i think more people feels the same way
It will only be brushed under the rug for the men and women in blue so they can feel better about killing the way they have done. It really could have been treated another way. It would have been better to have him disabled compared to dead.
Honestly,it's really hard to say exactly how an officer should carry themself when dealing with a spontaneous and potentially dangerous situation,,,but I believe it's fairly obvious to everyone when they carry themselves in an eager fashion and charge in looking,hoping and yearning,,,for disaster.Even people who offer their blind support in furtherance of an ulterior motive recognizes a boo-boo of that magnitude,even though they won't admit it.Either way,thanks Andy.I appreciate the support.
Sad But True

United States

#38 Nov 5, 2012
We have different opinions on this situation and you know what they say about opinions, they are like assholes and everyone has one.
The police defended themselves and the perp lost the battle because he brought a knife to a gunfight and now people want to defend him.
Where were you all people when he was fighting and damaging peoples car with the same lead pipe that he attacked the police with?
Where was you all when this man needed your alls help when it was obvious that he wasnt in his right mind?
I look at it this way, it is over and done and this family will never see a dime in monetary cmpensation and I am happy that the grand jury declined to indict this officer.
Thunderbolt

Erlanger, KY

#39 Nov 6, 2012
Sad But True wrote:
We have different opinions on this situation and you know what they say about opinions, they are like assholes and everyone has one.
The police defended themselves and the perp lost the battle because he brought a knife to a gunfight and now people want to defend him.
Where were you all people when he was fighting and damaging peoples car with the same lead pipe that he attacked the police with?
Where was you all when this man needed your alls help when it was obvious that he wasnt in his right mind?
I look at it this way, it is over and done and this family will never see a dime in monetary cmpensation and I am happy that the grand jury declined to indict this officer.
Truthfully,I can accept a difference of opinion partner.I Have a hard time accepting that those officers only defended themselves though.Would you be in your right mind if someone just run a taser battery dead on you??? To be honest and fair though,there seemed to be several missing seconds of the "disclosed" video that could possibly swing the story in either direction,so I'm not completely closed-minded on the issue.However,I'm still clinging a little bit toward the idea that if the remainder of the video showed two officers under attack and no choice but to shoot,then there would be little reason to conceal it.However,neither one of us will ever know for sure.It's definitely something worthy of intelligent speculation though.If I can ask you a question though.Do you believe that when we deputize a man,train him in lethality,and arm him with the adequate tools of the trade,that we should judge his actions with very strict scrutiny.....or no?????
judge dred

Louisville, KY

#40 Nov 7, 2012
Sad But True wrote:
Well you give a scared person a badge and gun and this is the result. all they have to say is i feared for my life and her partners. Horse phoopie they will shoot ya in every situation like that. that is their correct way. Other people should also be given the same right. But he only had a pipe ?????????? compared to a gun. If they would have came into my house like that i would have fired my weapon at them maybe?
oppee

Louisville, KY

#41 Nov 9, 2012
judge dred wrote:
<quoted text> Well you give a scared person a badge and gun and this is the result. all they have to say is i feared for my life and her partners. Horse phoopie they will shoot ya in every situation like that. that is their correct way. Other people should also be given the same right. But he only had a pipe ?????????? compared to a gun. If they would have came into my house like that i would have fired my weapon at them maybe?
Now that isn't what dad would have done i tell ya.
Sad But True

United States

#42 Nov 10, 2012
Only a lead pipe?
He was assaulting officer willoughby with that lead pipe and police are trained to shoot to kill, not wound.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelby County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Five arrested at SCHS (Aug '08) Fri Casey W 6
News Man Arrested in Anderson County Marijuana Indoo... (Jul '12) Sep '16 thatonegay 3
News Ex-Shelbyville teacher who had sex with student... (May '16) Sep '16 thatonegay 4
Shelby County Music Thread (Jul '13) Sep '16 Musikologist 8
Cropper Music Thread Jul '16 Musikologist 1
Doris monroe Jul '16 Mmm 1
Casandra mena Jul '16 Mmm 1
More from around the web