First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Peggy Marshall

Ringgold, GA

#1 Jul 11, 2010
Local Public Officials Target Citizens -

Recent filings of court papers in Knox County 7th
of July, 2010, in the disciplinary matter of Herbert S. Moncier before the Board of Professional Responsibility, reveal local public officials, through county-paid attorney defending Larry Waters' interest in suits brought by spirited citizens in past two years, are now targeted for retaliation and investigation for what they say are libelous and slanderous statements published on the web by some who Bradshaw claims have connections to plaintiffs. The five suits filed during past two years currently pending are at Chancery, pending ruling at Court of Appeals and now the Hatch Act/Election Contest suits transferred from Chancery to District Federal Court by defendants.

PSCSC are NOT connected to SEVIER CORRUPTION!

All clients of Moncier emphatically deny involvement there.

Recent media quoted a county commissioner indirectly threatening suit against plaintiffs intended to recoup legal costs paid Waters' attorney as a result of 'plaintiffs having brought frivolous actions' against individuals and local officials of government. Plaintiffs' suits HAVE NOT been deemed frivolous in one single proceeding and HAVE NOT been heard on the merits of these issues, but, have simply been dismissed in part for lack of standing, which is a part of plaintiffs' appeals now awaiting a ruling.

Plaintiffs suggest those with intent of purpose being to sue plaintiffs in retaliation for seeking redress for wrong doing committed by public officials or as individuals consider the provisions of the federal SLAPP Act first; secondly, these persons must first review who is receiving the benefit from costs expended on a contractual basis benefiting the Mayor, Waters, in his defense of his own interest and those individuals named as defendants in the Hatch Act suit who appear on the May 4 and August 5 ballot, certified as individual candidates being illegally represented by county-paid attorney whether they be incumbent or county employee. The county's taxpayers have no obligation to fund legal representation by individuals seeking office.

Court records, in every case brought by plaintiffs, reflect
county-paid legal representation furnished to private citizens sued in their individual capacity as well as individuals sued in their official capacity, whether it is the suit for certiorari, violations of open meetings, or the constitutional question and ouster of Waters. Isn't it about time taxpayers stop this waste of money? Rhonda L. Bradshaw has made an appearance in two cases now transferred to federal court on behalf of *ALL defendants who are on the ballot as INCUMBENTS, currently sit as public officials - at the cost of taxpayers; yet, she filed no answers nor made no appearances for three county employees, two of whom were successful in their race May 4; yet they remain unrepresented defendants in both cases.

Where, why and how does the county (LEGALLY) owe these citizen (incumbents seeking office) free legal representation whom currently hold the purse strings indirectly in their support of Waters, whom wheel and deal as they please in deference to other candidates who are merely COUNTY EMPLOYEES?

There is no legal authority for such representation, so, why would concerned citizens tolerate or allow such?

Shall Public Spirited Citizens stand up for you and demand your taxpayers funds be protected and such expenditures disallowed, or, what will your position be in this matter?

Taxpayers can sit back and await the outcome, or, you can opt to support these spirited citizens who take action by making your contribution to Public Spirited Citizens NOW at any branch of SEVIER COUNTY BANK –'after all, isn't it your money'?

voter

Kodak, TN

#2 Jul 11, 2010
Ms. Marshall you just can not distance yourself from these wackos who call them self the Public Spirited Citizens of Sevier County.

William England
Peggy Marshall
Catherine Gebhardt
Jeremy Schmid
Williams C England Jr,
Patricia England
Mark P Lipton
Anita O Lipton
Wesley Sellers
Donna Sellers
John B Roberts
Billie Jo Roberts
John A Meyers
Gerra Davis-Mary
Bradley W Lowe
Jerry Grubb
Kimberly Denise Pierce
Shannon Smith
Jimmy Ross
Teresa Cosper
Becky Cates
Garry Lynn Cate
Bobby Clark King
Max Watson
Peggy Marshall

Ringgold, GA

#3 Jul 11, 2010
Why would I distance myself from any person who had the interest of Sevier County at heart? We
do not and cannot know what is in the heart of every person nor their motive - we do well to judge ourself; however, actions speak more clear than words.
voter

Kodak, TN

#4 Jul 11, 2010
It is more than obvious that your intentions are purely self serving in the exploration of revenge for your humiliation of bring fired as a county clerk. Yes actions do speak louder than words and the actions of your group has told it's evil story.

Just remember that all the people have an opinion and that will be made known to all on August 6. We only hope you can accept your stunning defeat again Kimberly.
Peggy Marshall

Ringgold, GA

#5 Jul 11, 2010
Voter, you are consistently wrong in your declarations that I was fired as Clerk & Master.

Public records speak for themselves, as you should know. They are what they are, and say what they say, clearly - nothing can be added nor taken away. Surely you would like to correct this error in your consistent mis-statements, whether deliberate or unintended? You do not and cannot embarrass me by your actions, I am proud of my record and hope you feel the same about your own?
Peggy Marshall

Ringgold, GA

#6 Jul 11, 2010
Where, why and how does the county (LEGALLY) owe these citizen (incumbents seeking office) free legal representation whom currently hold the purse strings indirectly in their support of Waters, whom wheel and deal as they please in deference to other candidates who are merely COUNTY EMPLOYEES?
voter

Kodak, TN

#7 Jul 11, 2010
Ms. Marshall you are humiliated by your own actions as is Gary Cate and even your own son calls you a thief. Come on now wake up and smell the coffee. Public servants are always entitled to no charge legal representation as forged by our laws and constitution. It seem you choice in legal council leaves a great deal to be desired and only adds to your burden of self humiliation. Your reputation proceeds you in this county and is well known to all.

Now speaking of public records I can't seem to find any on the man in Kodak you just love to hate so we also see all your lies as well. Besmirching a decorated veteran of the Vietnam war will only bite you in the ass as it has. No ma'am you made your own bed now you must lie in it. Pardon the pun.
Good News

Nashville, TN

#8 Jul 11, 2010
Peggy Marshall wrote:
Seals camp is really starting to feel the heat. Hopefully the Topix administrator will put a litle more heat on his fat ass for allowing his camp to continue with derogatory and defamitve comments about our Sevier County citizens. People need to take a long look at Waters and Seals and see what is happening. Their asshole friends and realtives make up a large portion of voters and is a given they will vote for Waters and Seals. The rest of us
can't be that stupid can we? VOTE THESE BASTARDS OUT ON AUGUST 5th. CONSIDER THE REST OF THE CANDIDATES AS A CHOICE. WHAT HAS WATERS DONE IN THE PAST FOUR YEARS? WHAT HAS SEALS DONE IN THE PAST FOUR YEARS? NEW PEOPLE WILL HAVE TO DANCE FOR THEIR SUPPER. WATERS AND SEALS ARE JSUT GOING TO CONTINUE TO BE EXPENSIVE WALL FLOWERS. jerrysheriffgrubb.blogspot.com
voter

Kodak, TN

#9 Jul 11, 2010
I see the humiliation is very well entrenched by Gary Cate. You are calling voters dirty names and then expect them to do your bidding. I don't think so. You will not get a single vote from any military family in Sevier County, not a one.
Peggy Marshall

Ringgold, GA

#10 Jul 11, 2010
Rhonda L. Bradshaw has made an appearance in two cases now transferred to federal court on behalf of *ALL defendants who are on the ballot as INCUMBENTS, currently sit as public officials - at the cost of taxpayers; yet, she filed no answers nor made no appearances for three county employees, two of whom were successful in their race May 4; yet they remain unrepresented defendants in both cases.

Why leave Tommy Watts, Tim Hurst to fend for themselves when they were successful candidates?

Although James Dykes was unsuccesful in his race, we commend him for running and argue that he has the same entitlement to legal representation as all others who are being represented at county expense, which is legally questionable.
Peggy Marshall

Ringgold, GA

#11 Jul 11, 2010
.....'and even your own son calls you a thief', as quoted by Voter.

Come on, now - coming from a respectable 'man of Kodak and a veteran of the Vietnam war', have you no shame in your statement of untruths, nothing but an absolute lie?
voter

Kodak, TN

#12 Jul 11, 2010
There you go again telling a lie and making false accusations and you wonder why you are called a thief and a liar by your own son.Have you no shame.
please tell us why you were let go as a county clerk.
Peggy Marshall

Ringgold, GA

#14 Jul 11, 2010
voter wrote:
There you go again telling a lie and making false accusations and you wonder why you are called a thief and a liar by your own son.Have you no shame.
please tell us why you were let go as a county clerk.
You have heard from me as to the facts long ago, the story remains the same, unchanged and can not be altered, is exactly as I stated, as I told you before: The current Clerk & Master, Carolyn McMahan, who worked with me for sixteen years, will confirm these facts.

My term of office was, after nineteen years as Clerk & Master on January 19, 1983,'declared to have expired' despite the recorded appointment of Judge James McSween of record, who was appointed by the governor to sit as Chancellor,(Demoract) for the unexpired term of Earl R. Hendry, Chancellor, who resigned in 1977; McSween appointed me and all four clerks of the entire 13th Chancery Division which included Cocke, Jefferson & Blount - at the same time and under the identical circumstances and I assume for all the same reasons, no doubt with the authority he had at the time, which appear of record in each of the four courts. As were all others eventually, I was first replaced, as the reported case in the Tennessee Supreme Court shows, look it up for yourself, as, I make no attempt to convince you or none other of anything other than what the official records shows.

I, alone, stood my ground and litigated my position, while others sat idly by.

You, I expect, obviously have the ability to pull offline this reported case and post it, as you say 'for all to see', I welcome that! You will be a gentleman to accommodate all who wish to read and be informed, I will consider it a favor to me personally, as well, if you will allow?

In re: Peggy Marshall, Clerk & Master

You will be doing me and all others a service with your expertise at the computer and your ability for research. Please proceed, as you are inclined and report back to us all.

If you have further questions or comment let it be known.

When you have seen the proof of the pudding you will no longer have arguments with me or accusations toward me, personally; you can retract your prior statements and I will gladly accept your apology for you're having being in the wrong based on lack of information. We can both be winners here.

Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies! Let the record speak so long as you can see and hear it, and forever hold your peace, or piece, whichever it is!
votor

Kodak, TN

#15 Jul 11, 2010
Your reputation proceeds you. You are a lair and a thief and a humiliated old fool. These are the words on your own flesh and blood. you son. There is nothing you can say to abate that damning testimony

County officials if they're feeling a little defensive these days.

They've been accused of backroom politicking, quashing the rights of citizens to speak at public meetings, and violating both state and federal laws. To make matters worse, the fact that they've won virtually all of the legal skirmishes thus far has done nothing to keep the allegations - and legal bills - from mounting.

They believe their accusers, a group of disenchanted residents known as Public Spirited Citizens of Sevier County, have unfairly targeted them in a series of lawsuits that have already cost taxpayers more than $60,000. They'd like to eventually recoup some of the money, but they're unsure if that will be possible.

"We've all tried to ignore this, but it's not going away," said Gary Cole, a county commissioner who lives in Gatlinburg. "There's really no way to be proactive. They're coming from left field. They're outlandish in their claims."

The plaintiffs, however, feel they've been forced to seek justice in the courts by politicians intent on stifling dissent while maintaining a stranglehold on local government.

"We've known about a lot of things that go on, and we've tried to get some things taken care of," said Williams C. England III, a former county mechanic and one of the group's founding members. "It ain't working too well."

According to Knoxville attorney Herbert S. Moncier, who represents the citizens group, the lawsuits are the inevitable outcome of a political and legal system that effectively allows county officials to break the law at will. He draws comparisons to the court battles he waged against Knox County officeholders in recent years, cases that prompted the imposition of term limits and led ultimately to a court finding that county commissioners had violated the Tennessee Open Meetings Act.

"There are a group of citizens that have for a number of years believed Sevier County was working very similar to how Knox County worked prior to the litigation," Moncier said. "All of the Sevier County officeholders were basically working with one another and whatever they wished to do, they did."

The origins of Public Spirited Citizens can be traced back to a 2008 controversy over the rules governing public comments during County Commission meetings, according to Peggy Marshall, a former Sevier County court clerk who is one of the group's leaders. Since then, the 15 or so members of the group have filed five lawsuits against County Mayor Larry Waters - arguably their favorite target - and other Sevier officeholders but have gotten little in return for their efforts.
votor

Kodak, TN

#16 Jul 11, 2010
Ms. Marshall you have the scarlet letter branded on you as a liar and a thief and there is nothing you can do to change or abate that image. You will never be trusted or believed ever again. That was your choice and no one elses regardless whom you attempt to slander. The courts and the people find you to be a liar and totally unbelievable and in the same category as Gary Cate and Brad Lowe. You will wear this stain until you meet your maker. May God have mercy on your tormented soul.
vet

Kodak, TN

#19 Jul 11, 2010
No Grubb, No Democrats
vwt

Kodak, TN

#23 Jul 11, 2010
No Grubb, No Democrats
vet

Kodak, TN

#27 Jul 11, 2010
No Grubb,No Democrats!
vet

Kodak, TN

#28 Jul 11, 2010
1 min ago
No Grubb,No Democrats!
voter

Nashville, TN

#30 Jul 11, 2010
vet wrote:
1 min ago
No Grubb,No Democrats!
you getting nervous Mr. vet. Is Seals fixing to lose his job? If you say it long enough it will come true so just keep posting. You may end up in Kansas

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sevier County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Still a mystery? 5 hr irannucleardeal 1
Sevier County School Board Election (Feb '10) 20 hr Sad parent 8
Jail (May '16) Wed ronavenue 4
What happened to the Movie Jan 16 Want to Know 3
Mad Jan 14 gayjohns 2
Marxist & Communist punks Jan 12 goodnewsherald 1
Jail Breaks Jan 2 quesojo 2
More from around the web