The Federally Indicted Lawyer

Posted in the Sevier County Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
County PR

United States

#1 Feb 23, 2011
Sevierville attorney Jerry Kerley was recently indicted, along with the son of Jerry Whaley who is serving time for drugs. They are accused of $6mil in fraudulent loans. If you have a hard time understanding how two people pulled this off, never fear. Kerley was a partner in land deals with Ron Ogle and Gerry Miller. Miller is the owner of the troubled Cove Moutain Realty and they all are involved in the Cove Mountain development.
Miller is the Seals supporter who the Sheriff had Deputy Mark Shultz release for a DUI. Shultz reported the Sheriff's illegal acts to the TBI, but they cleared their buddy Seals. Just as they did Larry and Jack Waters.
Many other folks are worried about the federal investigations. Judge Rex Henry Ogle has been riding his broke foot around night after night drinking coffee and not sleeping. Take a good look at this man's face and you can see a worried soul.
The TBI is raking Knoxville Judge Baumgartner over the coals for a suspected connection to a convicted felon. Maybe the feds will take a look at Judge Ogle's secret partnership with one in a Cocke county land deal. He backed Joe Keener. What's the difference?
Trump

Sevierville, TN

#2 Feb 23, 2011
Slight correction to the above post, not so as to offend, however:

Chuck McGinnis is the real support of Seals, friend to Gerald Miller, who was released from the one-car accident involving a DUI. Church was appointed to the Construction Board of Appeals at Monday night's commission meeting, representing 'cabins', as reported by the Chairman prior to a vote.

Mark Liptner was the deputy who took Miller into custody at the scene, was fired next day by Seals, and later instigated an investigation by the TBI.

A citizens group will seek the opening of these investigative files relating to Liptner's issue and others which were 'cleared' by the DA, Dunn, and hope to do this in due course, not the first priority on their totem pole, as you might know.

Jerry Kerley is actually a partner in the proposed Cove Mountain project, and hold a minute interest.

Check the arrest records in this county within past three weeks and you'll see Keys, age 31, arrested for DUI. Marvin Keys is a personal friend of Rex Ogle, and he along with Ben W. Hooper has dealt with drunk driving charges, of record, in Cocke County. Follow this charge here and see how it is handled.
Slight Correction

United States

#5 Feb 26, 2011
Trump wrote:
Slight correction to the above post, not so as to offend, however:
Chuck McGinnis is the real support of Seals, friend to Gerald Miller, who was released from the one-car accident involving a DUI. Church was appointed to the Construction Board of Appeals at Monday night's commission meeting, representing 'cabins', as reported by the Chairman prior to a vote.
Mark Liptner was the deputy who took Miller into custody at the scene, was fired next day by Seals, and later instigated an investigation by the TBI.
A citizens group will seek the opening of these investigative files relating to Liptner's issue and others which were 'cleared' by the DA, Dunn, and hope to do this in due course, not the first priority on their totem pole, as you might know.
Jerry Kerley is actually a partner in the proposed Cove Mountain project, and hold a minute interest.
Check the arrest records in this county within past three weeks and you'll see Keys, age 31, arrested for DUI. Marvin Keys is a personal friend of Rex Ogle, and he along with Ben W. Hooper has dealt with drunk driving charges, of record, in Cocke County. Follow this charge here and see how it is handled.
Marvin Keys is much older than 31 so it could not have been him that was arrested for drunk driving. Maybe one of his children or grandchildren.
jeff

Sevierville, TN

#6 Feb 26, 2011
Slight Correction wrote:
<quoted text>Marvin Keys is much older than 31 so it could not have been him that was arrested for drunk driving. Maybe one of his children or grandchildren.
Yes, a son, who has been before Judge Ogle, friend of Marvin's, before in Cocke County. All went well there, of course - just like the fishing trips Ogle and Keys have made to West Tennessee going back several years, now. Nothing like calling on old friends when the youngins act up, now is there?

Thanks for opportunity to clarify and further explain.
Church Lady

AOL

#7 Feb 26, 2011
Is Rex Ogle partners with Keys and Joe Keener thats what I keep hearing and did Jerry Kerley do any closings for that bunch.
Thumper

Sevierville, TN

#8 Feb 26, 2011
If he didn't they are among the slight few he missed, as he has done more closings and written more deeds than anybody in Sevier County history - that means, he has now lost more than anybody in Sevier County history!
Church Lady

AOL

#10 Feb 27, 2011
Old Warren Hurst sure closed on alot of property and Jackie Parton did as well,, I just wish our elected leaders could be happy leading and doing the job we are paying them for instead of being greedy, most all are developing and building and trying to get rich quick. And are no good at thier job. I am ready to see Jackie Parton replaced we need a real docter in the house one who cares about our children.
Sick of Slick Willie

United States

#12 Feb 27, 2011
I'm sick of Slick Willie talking up space on this forum for stupid turd, dick see stampede and taking about Debra Henry (who I don't know). He reminds me of my eight year old grandson who wants to talk about farting. Time to grow up Slick Willie.
Clearing Things Up

United States

#13 Feb 27, 2011
Marvin Keys and Joe Keener did own property together and had a partnership. The owned one of the condos that Kenny Maples and his group built under the name of K & K. They had a partnership and I'm not sure what else they owned. I also heard mention of a campground owned by Keys and a judge that was doing really good that is located on the road from Newport to Asheville. I assumed it was Rader but it might have been Ogle. If so, it is probably in a partnership name.

As far as Warren Hurst and Jackie Parton owning land, I believe Warren Hurst was one of the main reasons the county could not get flood rated because he owns so much property on the river. Jackie Parton is the person who has been chosen to look after the school system because that is just one of the places where special jobs are given to pay them back for a job well done. The other places are the courthouse, the department where Larry's uncle just retired and the road department.

Just look at Kevin McClure. He has a good paying job with the school system but what does he do? Nothing that I can see. His dad is a big deal on the school board. They take care of their own.
No Shame

Sevierville, TN

#15 Feb 27, 2011
Clearing Things Up wrote:
Marvin Keys and Joe Keener did own property together and had a partnership. The owned one of the condos that Kenny Maples and his group built under the name of K & K. They had a partnership and I'm not sure what else they owned. I also heard mention of a campground owned by Keys and a judge that was doing really good that is located on the road from Newport to Asheville. I assumed it was Rader but it might have been Ogle. If so, it is probably in a partnership name.
As far as Warren Hurst and Jackie Parton owning land, I believe Warren Hurst was one of the main reasons the county could not get flood rated because he owns so much property on the river. Jackie Parton is the person who has been chosen to look after the school system because that is just one of the places where special jobs are given to pay them back for a job well done. The other places are the courthouse, the department where Larry's uncle just retired and the road department.
Just look at Kevin McClure. He has a good paying job with the school system but what does he do? Nothing that I can see. His dad is a big deal on the school board. They take care of their own.
Since Rex Ogle, as we know him has no shame, we would, regardless, like to know the facts about his land/business interests in Cocke County.
Closing In

Sevierville, TN

#18 Feb 28, 2011
This lawyer may face himself coming 'round the corner, next time he steps out in the public by some of those mortgage holders he has handled purporting to secure a buyer or debtor would have a home for their family hence paying on such obligation for seven or eight years and finally realizing they owe near a hundred thou more than when they moved into their property.

Is this totally unconscionable, I would think so!

So, what goes around comes around - I kid you not!

For those who wish to do another in and do it without consternation, should be advised to be ready to face the music. Knowing your sins will find you out is simply opposite version of the Golden Rule, after the fact, as that ounce of prevention is the best shield one can carry.

No person deserves receiving better than they give.
Tip

Sevierville, TN

#19 Feb 28, 2011
If you're looking for a long-term residence for your family, don't allow this lawyer an opportunity to put you in 'an interest only' situation. Just how many folks has he put in this situation by 'his expertise'?
Pastafarian

Oak Ridge, TN

#23 Feb 28, 2011
Sick of Slick Willie wrote:
I'm sick of Slick Willie talking up space on this forum for stupid turd, dick see stampede and taking about Debra Henry (who I don't know). He reminds me of my eight year old grandson who wants to talk about farting. Time to grow up Slick Willie.
The Topix powers that be know Mikey very well.

All you have to do is click on the Report Abuse button and enter a brief comment. I've found that all I have to say in the comments is "Please remove this offensive post" and they will come clean house as soon as they are able.

If we would ALL use the Report Abuse link, Mikey's sophomoric posts would only be in our faces for, at the most, a couple of days.
Sandra Lea

Kodak, TN

#24 Feb 28, 2011
Pastafarian wrote:
<quoted text>
The Topix powers that be know Mikey very well.
All you have to do is click on the Report Abuse button and enter a brief comment. I've found that all I have to say in the comments is "Please remove this offensive post" and they will come clean house as soon as they are able.
If we would ALL use the Report Abuse link, Mikey's sophomoric posts would only be in our faces for, at the most, a couple of days.
From Stan Voit.....FCK YOU Filthy Baptist Bastard you ain't shit and don't control shit. Get used to it Election Loser and Drug Addict.
Pastafarian

Oak Ridge, TN

#25 Feb 28, 2011
Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.

{{{{ counting down through a couple of days }}}}

Hahaha!
Toothless

Sevierville, TN

#27 Feb 28, 2011
Tip wrote:
If you're looking for a long-term residence for your family, don't allow this lawyer an opportunity to put you in 'an interest only' situation. Just how many folks has he put in this situation by 'his expertise'?
Ole habits are hard to change, but Warren and the boys will be finding another attorney to transfer his quit claim deeds from the corporations relating to new developments where he is 'hired' to do the leg work and pipe the water in.

If ever there was a person 'well situated', more qualified to tote cronyism and gain through a public position, more than Warren, I'd like to hear about it.

We have two commissioners marrying up the folks coming to the area for a wedding, and one's brother carrying off the trash they leave behind; yet, public records and local press don't jive when it comes to their accountability to their tax obligations and competing with legally founded businesses of the area who would like shut them down.

Residents understand more than they are expected to understand, and, so long as that is the situation outside authorities will share in what is know by those who care. Eye and ears on the prize, that should be the motto and focus.

We may or may not have standing to bite into these operations, but we sure can 'gum 'em' to death!
Changing Times

United States

#28 Feb 28, 2011
Toothless wrote:
<quoted text>
Ole habits are hard to change, but Warren and the boys will be finding another attorney to transfer his quit claim deeds from the corporations relating to new developments where he is 'hired' to do the leg work and pipe the water in.
If ever there was a person 'well situated', more qualified to tote cronyism and gain through a public position, more than Warren, I'd like to hear about it.
We have two commissioners marrying up the folks coming to the area for a wedding, and one's brother carrying off the trash they leave behind; yet, public records and local press don't jive when it comes to their accountability to their tax obligations and competing with legally founded businesses of the area who would like shut them down.
Residents understand more than they are expected to understand, and, so long as that is the situation outside authorities will share in what is know by those who care. Eye and ears on the prize, that should be the motto and focus.
We may or may not have standing to bite into these operations, but we sure can 'gum 'em' to death!
I wonder if those commissioners are reporting that extra income on their tax returns. It sure would be fun to have the IRS come in and take a look at them. The new person that took Joe Keener's place refers people who come in to get married right over to the commissioners. It is unethical and wrong. You can't tell me she didn't know what was going on when Joe was there. I bet there is a lot of stuff that the IRS woudl be interested in. You know any perks you are given through your job should be reported and tax paid on it. I wonder if that would apply to all the repairs and fixing up of vehicles by Larry and the Dumpster Nazi.
Church Lady

AOL

#29 Feb 28, 2011
I did not know that Ralph Chance's wife was Joe Keeners head book keeper and she is still employed there... How did she not know he was not depositing checks...How
Warren

Sevierville, TN

#30 Feb 28, 2011
Had you not suspected she was there 'learning the trade' and Ralphie might vie for that position at some time. After all, this confirm the ole saying that 'behind every good man is a good woman', and topping it off is that 'before every good man there is a good woman'?

I'd support Ralphie, but would prefer Karen Cotter hold that position. Hope she doesn't 'done in from the inside'.
Church Lady

AOL

#31 Feb 28, 2011
But how could she not know he was stealing...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sevier County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Problem for Sevier County Public Safety (Apr '14) Apr 12 justice for Tyveon 5
wtf? Mar 27 Ooola 4
hi Mar 24 Kaer 1
commets Mar '15 Sam Kethcum 2
Vehicle fire at exit 407 Mar '15 Susan 1
truth spilled Mar '15 albert kennedy jr 2
truth decay Mar '15 Julius 1
More from around the web