Customers out of luck when Gatlinburg cabin biz shuts down

May 19, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WBIR-TV

A management company responsible for nearly 100 Gatlinburg cabins has shut down.

Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Jun 27, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mad Stork

Carrollton, GA

#2 May 21, 2011
How can you make a comment like that about Mr. Landers when I would bet that you have never even met the man. Your comment appears to me to be a slanderous, actionable, potential problem for you buddy.
Mad Stork

Carrollton, GA

#3 May 21, 2011
Make that Libelous since you have put in into print. Would bet that you have been running that mouth in other places as well. Best watch what you say, and write, this day and age.
Reader

Oak Ridge, TN

#4 May 22, 2011
Mad Stork wrote:
Make that Libelous since you have put in into print. Would bet that you have been running that mouth in other places as well. Best watch what you say, and write, this day and age.
Oh really???

This link was posted by one of Hickory's employees on Channel 10's website: http://www.hickorymistreservations.com

You must be Patrick. If so, how can you sleep at night knowing how many lives you shredded because you spent the guests money on yourself?
Rounder

Kodak, TN

#5 May 22, 2011
The Four F club.....Find em, Feel em, fck em and forget em. The Dolly Parton Principle.
Mad Stork

Carrollton, GA

#6 May 22, 2011
Hey "Reader" it's called a "Complaint." They are filed in Courts every day by people who feel they have been wronged - doesn't mean it's the Gospel. Are you over 10 years old? If you are, I bet you are smart enough not to believe everything that you read.

The Landers will file their answer with the court, and you can rest assured that it will sound nothing like the complaint filed by the Plaintiff. There are, as we know, two sides to every story.

Let's ease up on all the name calling until all the facts come to light. And no, not Patrick Landers, I am from Georgia - just a big fan of TN.
Rex

Franklin, TN

#7 May 22, 2011
Does Warren have an interest in this commercial venture?
Reader

Oak Ridge, TN

#8 May 22, 2011
Mad Stork wrote:
Hey "Reader" it's called a "Complaint." They are filed in Courts every day by people who feel they have been wronged - doesn't mean it's the Gospel. Are you over 10 years old? If you are, I bet you are smart enough not to believe everything that you read.
The Landers will file their answer with the court, and you can rest assured that it will sound nothing like the complaint filed by the Plaintiff. There are, as we know, two sides to every story.
Let's ease up on all the name calling until all the facts come to light. And no, not Patrick Landers, I am from Georgia - just a big fan of TN.
I'll cut you some slack over the ad hominem attack since you probably already realize that it adds nothing to your credibility or the conversation.

Please post a link to Patrick's answer as soon as it's public record. I can't wait to read about how/why he was entitled to spend $838,000 (item #15, page 6) since 2005 from his escrow account ~ over and beyond what he was entitled to in commissions or whatever.

If you're not Patrick, then maybe you didn't hear about the Vicks who also spent all their trust money and screwed a BUNCH of people ROYALLY when they abruptly closed Fontaine Cabin Rental's doors last June.

... just hope that Robert Vick and Patrick Landers haven't been having lunch together and laughing their a$$es off at us doofuses.
Rounder

Kodak, TN

#9 May 22, 2011
Nothing is funnier that two Baptists pissing and moaning at each other. Kinda like a fart arguing with a turd!
Mad Stork

Carrollton, GA

#10 May 22, 2011
Thank you "Reader" and I will cut you some slack over the incorrect usage of the Latin term "ad hominem."

Also, I never claimed to have any credibility in this forum or any other, none of us do. And again, item #15, page 6, is still just a claim made by the Plaintiff, nothing more.

Don't be surprised to see an answer and a counter from the Defendants. That's just the way it works. Time will sort out this ugly mess. As for me, I will reserve judgement until all of the facts are made known.

I did not, but am sorry to, hear about the victims of Fontaine Cabin Rentals.
Reader

Oak Ridge, TN

#12 May 23, 2011
Mad Stork wrote:
Thank you "Reader" and I will cut you some slack over the incorrect usage of the Latin term "ad hominem."
Also, I never claimed to have any credibility in this forum or any other, none of us do. And again, item #15, page 6, is still just a claim made by the Plaintiff, nothing more.
Don't be surprised to see an answer and a counter from the Defendants. That's just the way it works. Time will sort out this ugly mess. As for me, I will reserve judgement until all of the facts are made known.
I did not, but am sorry to, hear about the victims of Fontaine Cabin Rentals.
In the battle of our sophomoric minds, MS, allow me to bow to your prowess. It seemed to me that by you making me sound like a gullible person, you were undermining my argument that it is indefensible that Patrick's escrow was short to the tune of $838,000 while under his watch. You said I believed it only because I read about this in a court document. It felf pretty hominemy to me.

Remember the part about me finding that link on the Channel 10 news site? Well, that was just the start of an interesting two-hour read that took me down a rabbit hole.

After absorbing the reports and comments on the news sites and searching a little further, it became pretty clear to me WTF is going on... Personally, I know people who've been HURT by this type of shenanigans! I would be mad as hell if it happened to me! Can you read my 'studied fury' between the lines, here?

Do you know what 'Statutory' means? Statutory means there is NO defense. Do you know what a Ponzi scheme is? Shorting a rental escrow account is a Ponzi. Shorting a rental account creates a house of cheap, flimsy cards. Do you know any one with a real estate license? Ask them how their company is supposed to treat their escrow account.

So, let's say that the only argumentum that we will have is if it's proven that Patrick's escrow really was short. Then, you can argue his defense as to how and why that could be...

On the other hand, I will argue that it doesn't matter why he did it, and that Patrick spending even one penny of his guests money, regardless if it was to 'enrich himself'~ or not, was wrong. To me, just the cars he owned that I read about (and no one denied it) speak of a lavish lifestyle.

If Patrick's escrow is found to be in order, then you automatically win; I will admit I was naive. If his escrow is short - it's so on with you regarding justifiability. Does that sound fair? Or, we could stipulate that if it's short, it's wrong, so we can sit together in the stands while we watch this unfold. I want to admit, now, that I will be surprised if it's not proven to be short.

You can read more of the sad tale about the Vick's (Fontaine Cabin Rentals') apocalypse at http://sniitch.com/showsniitch/fontaine_cabin...
Blame it On Liquor

United States

#13 May 23, 2011
Mad Stork wrote:
Thank you "Reader" and I will cut you some slack over the incorrect usage of the Latin term "ad hominem."
Also, I never claimed to have any credibility in this forum or any other, none of us do. And again, item #15, page 6, is still just a claim made by the Plaintiff, nothing more.
Don't be surprised to see an answer and a counter from the Defendants. That's just the way it works. Time will sort out this ugly mess. As for me, I will reserve judgement until all of the facts are made known.
I did not, but am sorry to, hear about the victims of Fontaine Cabin Rentals.
I believe Fontaine's was a little different. I believe there was illness involved in that closure. Just because a couple of people do the wrong thing does not make everyone bad. Pigeon Forge had one of the dirtiest hotels called out on the national news. Does that make all the hotels in Pigeon Forge bad? I don't think so. If I were an owner and could not get the documentation requested I would not wait years to do something about it. The other owners should have been here demanding answers to their questions a long time ago and maybe this could have been avoided. I heard the plaintiffs are starting a new rental company also. Why shut the doors and then start another company. That does not make sense to me. Is that true?
Reader

Oak Ridge, TN

#14 May 23, 2011
Blame it On Liquor wrote:
<quoted text>I believe Fontaine's was a little different. I believe there was illness involved in that closure. Just because a couple of people do the wrong thing does not make everyone bad. Pigeon Forge had one of the dirtiest hotels called out on the national news. Does that make all the hotels in Pigeon Forge bad? I don't think so. If I were an owner and could not get the documentation requested I would not wait years to do something about it. The other owners should have been here demanding answers to their questions a long time ago and maybe this could have been avoided. I heard the plaintiffs are starting a new rental company also. Why shut the doors and then start another company. That does not make sense to me. Is that true?
Because I knew someone who suffered a loss at the hands of the Vicks, I read over 500 posts about the Vicks on the sniitch site last summer. Honestly, I do not have any sympathy for the Vicks.

Apparently, Libby Vick did suffer an emotional breakdown. This is NO excuse! If anything, it's even more of a reason to keep the guests money intact until they go home - in case the company owner gets sick and needs to close the company!

And, for the life of me, I do not understand how Patrick was allowed to open another company while he's in a lawsuit over stealing money from his other company. What is the State thinking?!?

You are correct that not all rental companies are bad. Apparently, it's only the ones that say any refund to you might come from a general account. Those are the ones who could lock their doors and go home and steal your money. This thing reads like a crazy piece of fiction:

[from http://littlevalleymountainresort.com/policie... ]

Pursuant to the provisions of the Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 47, Chapter 18 and Title 62, Chapter 13, Section 62-13-104(b)(3), Subdivision (D)(i), Little Valley Mountain Resort, Inc. the following as policy as of 06/04/2003: "All advance deposits, damage deposits and balance of rent due are deposited into a bank escrow clearing account. These deposits are considered income to Little Valley Mountain Resort, Inc. upon receipt and may be used immediately. Any refund considerations are expensed from the general books of Little Valley Mountain Resort, Inc. on a case by case basis."
New Rental Company

Lawndale, NC

#16 May 25, 2011
It was in the Mountain Press that both parties have started another rental company. If that is the case, I think they are both wrong and perhaps some law enforcement agency should look into fraud by both parties.
Mad Stork

Carrollton, GA

#19 May 26, 2011
Please read the following link. There is a great deal of information that will come out in the days and weeks that follow supporting the Lander's position. You will be surprised. Those of you who have spoken ill of the Landers just might think twice before prejudging others without sufficient information.

I know more than I will divulge here. You too, in time, will become enlightened.

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/170589/2/For...
Reader

Oak Ridge, TN

#20 May 26, 2011
Mad Stork wrote:
Please read the following link. There is a great deal of information that will come out in the days and weeks that follow supporting the Lander's position. You will be surprised. Those of you who have spoken ill of the Landers just might think twice before prejudging others without sufficient information.
I know more than I will divulge here. You too, in time, will become enlightened.
http://www.wbir.com/news/article/170589/2/For...
What? In earlier posts, you indicated that you are waiting to read all the facts and that you're just as bumfuzzled as the rest of us.

How are whiny ex-employees going to help this situation? Thank you for the link, but that's all that was going on there.

Since now you do know more than the rest of us, MS, please divulge how Hickory Mist (and Fontaines last summer) justified something for which there is no justification.
Mad Stork

Carrollton, GA

#21 May 26, 2011
"Reader," your name doesn't fit. Either that or you just don't pay attention. I said in my last post that I know details unknown to the general public. Soon, you will know as well. Pay attention "Reader." There's much more to this story than whiny ex-employees. All is not as it appears.

I expect being the gentleman that you are that once exonerated, you will pay the Landers the courtesy of a heart-felt apology.
Mad Stork

Carrollton, GA

#23 May 27, 2011
You sound somewhat frustrated "Jack," but that's surprising to no one here since you're apparently so pathetic that you have to go around asking for a hand job.

Also, never said that I believed anything anyone wrote in this forum. I certainly have no credibility, but I do know the facts of this case. Soon you will too.
Mad Stork

Carrollton, GA

#25 May 27, 2011
Not really angry Bill, just had a couple too many beers when I came up with the name. Guess I'm stuck with it.
Mad Stork

Carrollton, GA

#28 May 28, 2011
Yeah Bill, I might have a drink right now. It's five o'clock somewhere.
Stoney

Greenbrier, AR

#29 Jun 1, 2011
The rental companies will drop like flies in August 2011.

Smaller companies will be absorbed by larger companies, and some will just fall by the wayside because they are not getting the deposits they need to cover an abused and depleted trust account.

The fallout will only make the national news if partners sue each other.

You won't hear from from the few companies who do without rather than touch their sacred trust accounts; however, those few folks will be around to pick up the pieces.

Bookmark my words.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sevier County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greatest Appalachian SIMP Lies 4 hr Terri Williams 2
Baptists Are Not Christians 5 hr Terri Williams 1
New Lights For Old Ghetto 5 hr Terri Williams 4
New Turds 7 hr Terri Williams 1
Southern Baptist Bastard Scum SIMPS Fri Terri Williams 9
SIMP Lies Fri Terri Williams 1
SIMPS and Wiggers Thieves Fri Terri Williams 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Sevier County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••