Philly Dawg: NY kennel owner admits g...

Philly Dawg: NY kennel owner admits gassing 93 dogs with farm engine

There are 4 comments on the Philly.com story from Sep 13, 2010, titled Philly Dawg: NY kennel owner admits gassing 93 dogs with farm engine. In it, Philly.com reports that:

A commercial kennel owner in New York destroyed 93 dogs using a hose connected to a farm engine and pumping carbon monoxide into a makeshift "gas chamber." David Yoder, owner of Black Diamond Acres kennel in Romulus, told a U.S. Department of Agriculture inspector during a July 15 inspection that he killed the dogs to "depopulate" the kennel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

Rick

United States

#1 Sep 17, 2010
I wish that everyone would look up CARBON MONOXIDE gas on the internet you are painting a bad picture of Mr David Yoder for no reason.

Carbon Monoxide is colorless, Odorless and tasteless ( this is from Wikipedia ) about 500 people die a year from Carbon Monoxide and about 2000 people commit suicide using Carbon Monoxide.

In the USA the gas chamber was used to kill people up until 1999.

The health of his family and neighbors were in danger so he put the dogs to sleep using a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. He didn't hit them on the head, he didn't shot them, and he didn't cut their neck, like they do in meat processing plants that is under the control of the USDA.
Rick

United States

#2 Sep 17, 2010
Some more information that I just got off the internet PETA's animal record report for 2009, filed with Virgina Department of Agrriculture and Consumer Services, shows that they killed 97% of the dogs and cats in its care last Year, 8 animals were given homes 2,358 were killed by PETA last year alone. Just think about the past 10 years how many animals that PETA killed or murdered after they saved them, and how many millions of dollars in donations were they given to care these animals, what did they do with the money?????

They spend millions on advertising to put farmers out of business.

Because of groups like this people are going to go hungry because the cost of food is going to get so hi.
Meat
Milk
Eggs
Butter
and hundreds of other products.

Decent Citizen

Little Falls, NY

#3 Sep 17, 2010
Food is going to stay cheap and contaminated with ecoli, parasites, additives, antibiotics and lots of other terrible things because of over crowded factory farms, and places like Yoder's puppy mills. Factory farms are putting the decent American farmers out of business. We also have so many products on the market now our consumerism is destroying the planet.Animals deserve to be treated humanely.Puppy mills like human trafficing are sick industries. People who want a decent quality of food and decent treatment and care for animals are not the bad guys. Yoder and his home made gas chamber need to go to jail and he needs to be prosecuted.
4 the love of dogs

Buffalo, NY

#4 Sep 17, 2010
If carbon minoxide that he used was so odorless, colorless, etc...why did he have to leave them to die alone? Oh that's right, the fumes gave him headaches. I hope he rots for what he did to those dogs. May also want to check out the other property he owns to make sure its not a part of the puppy mill (death chamber) operation. Animals can't speak for themselves or I'm pretty sure they would have told Mr and Mrs Yoder that they were unhappy with their living (and dying) conditions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seneca County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is your DMV data safeguarded properly? Mar '15 Man 2
News The Lid's off: Judge Accused of Lying About Fight (Jul '14) Jul '14 SLACK 13
News Massive Seneca County fire draws dozens of fire... (Mar '14) Mar '14 tell-it-like-it-was 1
News Mother of 1985 murder victim in Ovid pleas for ... (Dec '09) Oct '13 Farm Angel 16
15 under Travel Baseball (Sep '13) Sep '13 Coach Jr Chiefs 1
News Cleveland Clinic hosts Valentine's Day wedding ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 cool 1
News Waterloo Man Accused of Sex Abuse (Sep '12) Sep '12 Steel City Steelers 2
More from around the web