Small family business in Indiana abou...

Small family business in Indiana about to close

There are 12 comments on the WDRB-TV Louisville story from Jul 29, 2011, titled Small family business in Indiana about to close. In it, WDRB-TV Louisville reports that:

The weak economy swallows another family business. In Underwood, Indiana on Highway 31 near the Clark and Scott county lines sits a little supermarket that's like a throwback to a different time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDRB-TV Louisville.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1 Aug 3, 2011
Its a shame, but I knew it wasn't going to be around forever. Most of the people who run the place used to know me and my family by name.
irene

Scottsburg, IN

#2 Aug 11, 2011
It's a shame our small businesses must close due to loss of revenue.
If you live in the Underwood area, but have shopped for groceries or purchased gasoline from Wal-Mart, then YOU helped this family owned business close the doors.

The Scottsburg town square used to have wonderful dime stores, hardward stores, gift shops, professional photograpers and restaurants. Those businesses don't exist anymore becauase people flocked to Wal-mart. How's that workin' for ya?
DITCH Wal-mart and SUPPORT your LOCALLY OWNED BUSINESSES!!!! and no, I am not a business owner.
what ever

Brownstown, IN

#3 Aug 11, 2011
I have the right to spend my money at walmart. I think walmart employs more people than all these little stores combined. This little store closed because the owner that ran it grew old and died, the owners son in law and daughter got divirced. The daughter did not keep up with the store after steve left (ex son in law) the place went down hill fast. Also walmart saves me money so That is WORKING OUT GREAT FOR ME

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4 Aug 18, 2011
I agree, it was far enough out of the way that Wal-MArt didn't really pose a problem to it. I'd rather run over there than to Wal-Mart because of the distance and the long lines. Stores like Sav-A-Step and Casey's do fine even though people still shop at Wal-Mart. It probably was because of management issues
hehe

Noblesville, IN

#5 Aug 19, 2011
tragic :(
So Long Underwood Store

Louisville, KY

#6 Sep 3, 2011
Steve and Bill were nice and friendly, Teri and Diane were rude and stuck up, thats why we quit going there. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!
just truthful

Brownstown, IN

#7 Sep 3, 2011
I agree
friends

Seymour, IN

#8 Feb 21, 2012
they have reoppened the store in underwood and they have a deli that is a pretty good deal.
Brenda

Richmond, IN

#9 Feb 21, 2012
What store r u talking about? Who r Steve bill Diane and Teri?
resident

Scottsburg, IN

#10 Feb 21, 2012
This business will have a hard time making it. They are not open late and not at all on Sunday. Sunday sets tone for your business. Example...getting gas for our boat,supplies for a picnic or snack and drink for a sunday drive. I wish them luck and hope i'm wrong because we need this store
WHY

Seymour, IN

#11 Feb 22, 2012
I think they will make it. They are freindly not like the previous owners. The place looks brand new. They have Randall back. I am happy and wish them the very best. It helps us all. Now sell us gas for $2 bucks a gallon. HA HA
why

Grissom Afb, IN

#12 Apr 6, 2012
im glad the underwood country store is open wish u well and missy u r smoking u can do better than brad hes a user and a drugie......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bust at yellow motel oneida May 15 Phoenix 2
mr Apr '18 pleasant elbert 1
Dylan Miller Apr '18 Aiok 1
News Father of dead baby files civil tort against Ch... (Oct '11) Apr '18 She’s a worthle... 10
Temp agencies Feb '18 Charley 1
Kelly Combs (Nov '17) Nov '17 Truth 2
Wayne Wilson at it again (Nov '17) Nov '17 Justified 1