Police say arrest stemmed from altere...

Police say arrest stemmed from altered prescription

There are 27 comments on the The Tribune story from Feb 24, 2010, titled Police say arrest stemmed from altered prescription. In it, The Tribune reports that:

A 45-year-old Scott County woman accused of altering a prescription was arrested on a warrant Tuesday, police report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
disgusted

Elmwood Park, IL

#1 Mar 8, 2010
I am convinced that the scott county sheriff's department does not understand the importance of Procedural Due Process or even what it is. Given that they have held a young man for a crime of which he did not commit. Let me inform your department that Due Process includes the basic idea that government officials must obey the law. No one who has the power to make laws, enforce them, or interpret them can be excused from obeying the law. It is fundamentally important that any decision about taking away someone's rights be made according to fair, established procedures and be followed carefully. Not by guessing (as you stated in your police report) if someone is intoxicated or under the influence of narcotics, you must have documentation from such tests. Clearly this cannot be procedure and if it is then you are in violation of the Contitution of the United States. Please read the 14th Amendment, make yourselves familiar with the laws that you are paid to uphold. You people are a mess and need to go back to class.
freeballer

Newport, KY

#2 Mar 8, 2010
disgusted wrote:
I am convinced that the scott county sheriff's department does not understand the importance of Procedural Due Process or even what it is. Given that they have held a young man for a crime of which he did not commit. Let me inform your department that Due Process includes the basic idea that government officials must obey the law. No one who has the power to make laws, enforce them, or interpret them can be excused from obeying the law. It is fundamentally important that any decision about taking away someone's rights be made according to fair, established procedures and be followed carefully. Not by guessing (as you stated in your police report) if someone is intoxicated or under the influence of narcotics, you must have documentation from such tests. Clearly this cannot be procedure and if it is then you are in violation of the Contitution of the United States. Please read the 14th Amendment, make yourselves familiar with the laws that you are paid to uphold. You people are a mess and need to go back to class.
what the hell are u talking about sounds good please fill us in
matlock

Louisville, KY

#3 Mar 9, 2010
the young man they arrested on jan.the 18th was framed by the police for crimes which he did not commit and can be proven, a police officer can not guess if a person is under the influence of anything unless they do sobrirty or breathalizer test the burden is on the state to prove you can not guess you must know for sure in the court of law .A witness can not tell one story in front of other witnesses and then to the police and then be called in to change her story to fit what the police want them to say to many people was told the truth about a stabbing incident and the police was also they got mad when she told this in front of other people and threatened to arrest her if she didnt change her story
bgtrew

Newport, KY

#4 Mar 9, 2010
matlock wrote:
the young man they arrested on jan.the 18th was framed by the police for crimes which he did not commit and can be proven, a police officer can not guess if a person is under the influence of anything unless they do sobrirty or breathalizer test the burden is on the state to prove you can not guess you must know for sure in the court of law .A witness can not tell one story in front of other witnesses and then to the police and then be called in to change her story to fit what the police want them to say to many people was told the truth about a stabbing incident and the police was also they got mad when she told this in front of other people and threatened to arrest her if she didnt change her story
o.k.alot of shit goes on with scott county city police drug team. one of the cops had a family member at a place were they were getting ready to bust the cop tells the family member i waited until your car left before we went in. to his suprise someone else left in her car he had to arrest her she brags all over town about having a crack pipe and a bunch of dope she got to flush down the tolet she was arrested on a minor charge
disgusted

Elmwood Park, IL

#5 Mar 9, 2010
Scott County Sheriff's Department you have held this young man for several weeks (revoked his freedom) not based on documented proof which is PROCEDURAL DUE PROCESS(14th Amendment)but based on your lack of experience and knowledge. You have held him under excessive bail which is clearly not in proporation to the crime - a crime not justified,that you accused him of. His rights under the (Eighth Amendment) have been violated. Yet you want to charge his family or pay you to allow you to have this young man commit perjury, against imself, under oath to a charge of which you have no documented proof. Where are the registered numbers convicting him? You are asking him to self-incriminate to justify your own mis-conduct. PERJURY: The deliberate giving of false, or incomplete testimony under oath. You do not have the right to force this upon the people. PERJURY: Under oath is a crime in itself-lying to the court - but also a SIN. Where is the justice in this? It is an injustice. The (FIFTH AMENDMENT) is controversial as many people see that this benefits only the guilty, however it also protects one from being forced to self-incriminate.

PROCEDURAL DUE PROCESS limits the Law Enforcement
agencies and courts. These limits are there to protect the innocent and guilty against possible abuses of official power. You certainly exercised that power in this case.

I could go on and on with the injustices surrounding the logistics of this case, but, must I? Is ther anyone familiar with the Constitution of the United States serving on our police forces? I am disgusted, ashamed and frightened of what I thought was to protect and serve.
PALE RIDER

Mahopac, NY

#6 Mar 9, 2010
disgusted wrote:
Scott County Sheriff's Department you have held this young man for several weeks (revoked his freedom) not based on documented proof which is PROCEDURAL DUE PROCESS(14th Amendment)but based on your lack of experience and knowledge. You have held him under excessive bail which is clearly not in proporation to the crime - a crime not justified,that you accused him of. His rights under the (Eighth Amendment) have been violated. Yet you want to charge his family or pay you to allow you to have this young man commit perjury, against imself, under oath to a charge of which you have no documented proof. Where are the registered numbers convicting him? You are asking him to self-incriminate to justify your own mis-conduct. PERJURY: The deliberate giving of false, or incomplete testimony under oath. You do not have the right to force this upon the people. PERJURY: Under oath is a crime in itself-lying to the court - but also a SIN. Where is the justice in this? It is an injustice. The (FIFTH AMENDMENT) is controversial as many people see that this benefits only the guilty, however it also protects one from being forced to self-incriminate.
agencies and courts. These limits are there to protect the innocent and guilty against possible abuses of official power. You certainly exercised that power in this case.
I could go on and on with the injustices surrounding the logistics of this case, but, must I? Is ther anyone familiar with the Constitution of the United States serving on our police forces? I am disgusted, ashamed and frightened of what I thought was to protect and serve.
u have spent alot of time in jail havent u
disgusted

Elmwood Park, IL

#7 Mar 10, 2010
Not a day. I think it is vital that people take a closer look at those in authority and understand their rights. This could happen to any one of us and at any given time. Benjamin Franklin wrote, "There are two passions which have a POWERFUL influence on the affairs of men. These are AMBITION - THE LOVE OF POWER and AVARICE THE LOVE OF MONEY. George Mason wrote "From the nature of man, we may be sure that those who have power in their hands...will always, when they can...increase it" (abuse it). I am thankful for the officers that are honest and fair and there to help, but apparently on the Scott County Sheriff's Department they are surely few and far between as no one has stepped up to the aid of this young. man.
PALE RIDER

Mahopac, NY

#8 Mar 10, 2010
disgusted wrote:
Not a day. I think it is vital that people take a closer look at those in authority and understand their rights. This could happen to any one of us and at any given time. Benjamin Franklin wrote, "There are two passions which have a POWERFUL influence on the affairs of men. These are AMBITION - THE LOVE OF POWER and AVARICE THE LOVE OF MONEY. George Mason wrote "From the nature of man, we may be sure that those who have power in their hands...will always, when they can...increase it" (abuse it). I am thankful for the officers that are honest and fair and there to help, but apparently on the Scott County Sheriff's Department they are surely few and far between as no one has stepped up to the aid of this young. man.
I am sorry for what I said about u
bgtrew

Newport, KY

#9 Mar 10, 2010
disgusted wrote:
you sound like a lawyer u go after them
disgusted

Elmwood Park, IL

#10 Mar 10, 2010
Thank you. Just trying to raise the public's awareness of what has been set up to help us can in turn be used to devestate and destroy someones character. The wrong people with the wrong attitudes with the wrong perception of themselves are a lethal combination. Certainly was for this young man. The Scott County Sheriff's Department and Justice System in its entirety needs to return to the Fundamental Principles of Procedural Due Process. As I understand it, this young man is being released as I write, I only regret that you asked him to agree to self-incriminate as you did not have the evidence to convict him. I hope he
did not, as that has been my advice. You did not conduct this investigation as professionals. You did not administer the necessary sobriety test yet asked him to plead guilty to that charge. Is this routine? Where is the accuser? Where are your principles? Is this the kind of policing the Scott County residents are paying their tax dollars for?
This is incompetence at its highest level. You need to make a retraction regarding the article you had issued about this young man, as this was defamation of character. You need to make an apology for your mis-conduct.
disqusted

Elmwood Park, IL

#11 Mar 11, 2010
Mr. Nichols, Mr. Mike Nichols you have been the investigator of this obscene scenerio and the course this investigation could have drastically changed had you done your job properly. If a crime has been committed, that does not make whoever is walking down the sidewalk the guilty party. You just assumed that because this young man has some mental health issues that you could coerce him into making a confession. He is not stupid he is ill and he proved himself to be more intelligent than you. Now I have done some investigating of my own and I find that your mistress, not your wife, but your mistress Tina Hood robbed the Check into Cash there in Scottsburg. My question is to you---did you help with the investigation of that? No need to answer I'm sure I know the answer. Just a final thought.
matlock

Louisville, KY

#12 Mar 12, 2010
Disqusted,Iappreciate your investigation of this case on this young man,we have been getting phone calls from all over Indiana from attorneys offering their services to represent this young man free of all charges.We are not going to let the corruption of the city police and our local govt.officials to blackmail us into any confession of any kind, we are not going to be forced into lying under oath to get him off of the other serious charges by taking a lesser charge to save the city and county from a law suit we are going to stand our ground.I want to thank you and continue on with your investigation we are not thru we are just getting started.
matlock

Louisville, KY

#13 Mar 12, 2010
This isnt the first time something of this sort has been done a couple of years ago a state cop forged a statement in another state cops name that wasnt even on the scene of an incident and signed Tracy Spencers name to the report this report was given to our judge after the prosecutor was made aware of this the prosecutor called me at home but my son was forced by our court system to plea to a lesser charge to get out of the situation which again we were out attorney fees and more money to the system I am thru with what goes on here in Scotsburg with our so called justice system its time for everyone to come forward that has been done wrong and speak out about our politicians, and law enforcement dont be backed into a corner and afraid to come forward with information we as citizens have got to put a stop to all of this corruption I am not afraid of any of them.
PALE RIDER

Mahopac, NY

#14 Mar 12, 2010
I hope the young man get justice for being mistreated
disqusted

Elmwood Park, IL

#15 Mar 12, 2010
Thank you.
linda

Chelmsford, MA

#16 Apr 19, 2010
disgusted wrote:
please keep us posted. Glad there are people like you still around!
Haha

Chicago, IL

#17 Apr 19, 2010
He wouldn't be in jail if he wasn't guilty, and he will go to court just like every other f
crackhead when it's time. He will probably get out and be right back in.
Haha

Chicago, IL

#18 Apr 19, 2010
She*
Haha

Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 19, 2010
The police have a lot bigger things to worry about than framing some crackhead. This is all ridiculous. If I were you I would worry a lot less about defending a drug addict on topix and a little more time finding that person a decent lawyer.
disgusted

Elmwood Park, IL

#20 Apr 22, 2010
Well HaHa the jokes on you. The only lawyer that we need and have is now beginning the procedures to bring your fine upstanding police department to the justice that we deserve. The Scott County Sheriff's Department has just released this young man, after 3 months of sitting in jail for nothing. Innocent until proven guilty not guilty until proven innocent. Your lack of information regarding this case and your lack of just plain ole common knowledge of criminal investigating and courtesy has proven you to be just as outlandish and out of control as your police department. How's that for cracking your head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelly Combs Nov '17 Truth 2
Wayne Wilson at it again Nov '17 Justified 1
News Scottsburg man suspected of selling stolen jewe... (Mar '11) Sep '17 0kay 9
News Operation Total Eclipse Puts Twenty Drug Relate... Aug '17 Concerned citizen 1
News Father of dead baby files civil tort against Ch... (Oct '11) Mar '17 CPS 9
News HIV Epidemic Strikes an Indiana County (Apr '15) Feb '17 Hgfd 18
medicine (Feb '17) Feb '17 FEELING HELPLESS 1
More from around the web