Jennings Township tax rates increase....

Jennings Township tax rates increase.... Property tax statements to...

There are 10 comments on the Banner-Gazette story from Apr 5, 2011, titled Jennings Township tax rates increase.... Property tax statements to.... In it, Banner-Gazette reports that:

Scott County Treasurer Iva Gasaway announced that she expects to mail property tax statements to owners in the next few weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Banner-Gazette.

wow

Salem, IN

#1 Apr 7, 2011
O no not higher taxes, I seen the paper, sounds like that gasaway woman was trying to cover her butt, blaming every one but her self, they all are crazy blaming each other.
well

Scottsburg, IN

#2 Apr 7, 2011
you have to pay for all that prestige of having mayors etc.
dont you know

Scottsburg, IN

#3 Apr 26, 2011
wow wrote:
O no not higher taxes, I seen the paper, sounds like that gasaway woman was trying to cover her butt, blaming every one but her self, they all are crazy blaming each other.
there are only certain people that can set tax rates and the treasurer is not one of them, so she can't raise your taxes.
Info

United States

#4 Apr 26, 2011
Wow some people just dont have a clue...once you do some research and find out were you tax rate comes from, come back.... I will never get used to the stupidity of some people.
Unbelievable

Odenton, MD

#5 Apr 26, 2011
The county council sets your tax rates.
help

Salem, IN

#6 Apr 27, 2011
what happen to the 1% tax cap/ can the schools do that raise taxs.
wow

Salem, IN

#7 Apr 29, 2011
you can tell its election time all the office holders want to blame each other for the tax's being so high, they lie cheat what ever it takes to stay in office, dont you just love life time elected people, look around and if they been in a elected office county or city for more than 8 years its time for a change, when the county or city starts going down hill and both are its time for a change. county is next year look around people thats be in for years need to go, they are sit in there old ways and its hurting the county if not what is wrong, we need new people in every office in the court house or we will never change for the better.
Money time

United States

#8 May 2, 2011
Lets thank our elected school board members and of course u berl, berl.
just my opinion

Bowling Green, KY

#9 May 28, 2011
Taxes are raised in Jennings to help the school with money problems. Well, what do they need the money for? I have a first grader, paid $100.00 for book rental, always having to sell something for fund raisers, don't even remember how much I paid for the list of necessities that are available at Walmart beginning of each school year and in case you didn't notice Scott District 1 kids eat off styrofoam plates and plastic silverware that is thrown away after meal, yet they are VERY proud of the RECYCLE CLUB! How much are the salaries of the superintendent and teachers at Austin? It is public record, so maybe the public should start seeing what the heck the money generated from raising taxes to help the school really is for!
yes

Salem, IN

#10 Jun 5, 2011
we pay all these tax's and it go's for salaries, superintendent over 100.000 teachers 70, and 80.00 a year they work 9 and half months a year, and we still have to pay for books and very thing else. tax tax tax help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Ragland (Apr '13) May 31 by dope hore 4
michelle brown-dope hore May 31 by dope hore 1
News 2 people facing charges after meth lab bust (Jan '10) May '16 tweakie 7
Chris Chambers May '16 been a fool 1
Needle exchange in Scott County off to slow start (Apr '15) Apr '16 Snrcitzn65 2
News As Pain Pills Change, Abusers Move To New Drugs (Jul '12) May '15 Heygirlhey 12
News HIV Epidemic Strikes an Indiana County (Apr '15) Apr '15 kimberly smith 7
More from around the web